No more pillow chocolates (in suites either)?

Boo Boo

I know that some people have experienced no pillow chocolates in non-suites... but anyone else experienced no pillow chocolates in suites too? Specifically Freedom during the last couple of weeks?

We were on the 28th September Freedom cruise (in an OS). We received pillow chocolates the first two nights of the, but nothing for the last five - rather odd! (you would expect them either all nights or none...).

Boo

We were in an OS on the Freedom at the end of Aug. and received only a few chocolates. I think if they see them laying around the next day, they figure you don't really want them. Also, at the platinum breakfast, a RCCL rep told us it was something that was being cut back, that they had done surveys and found most people didn't eat them.

We were in an OS on the Freedom at the end of Aug. and received only a few chocolates. I think if they see them laying around the next day, they figure you don't really want them. Also, at the platinum breakfast, a RCCL rep told us it was something that was being cut back, that they had done surveys and found most people didn't eat them.

I did put a couple of of the chocolates in a drawer (out of sight): so unless the suite attendant was riffling through the drawers, she wouldn't have known that they weren't all being eaten each of the first two nights... :o

We received two both of the first nights, but none at all after that...

We also went to the Platinum Breakfast - unfortunately nobody (no RCCL Rep) made any speech at the breakfast: shame - would have liked an update...

Looks like the other ships haven't been affected yet... any more very recent suite passengers on Freedom (possibly Majesty too - since Freedom and Majesty seem to be trialling things recently...)

Boo

On Independence 20th Sept - 4th Oct chocs every night non suite room. Very much appreciated.

NorbetsNeice, how did your cruise go? Didn't you have the elderly relatives coming over from the US? Weren't you trying to work out how to get to the port and back ok? Weren't you worried about your relatives early flights back? Or am I completely confused? :o

Boo

Hi Boo!!

How sweet of you to remember. I blogged the trip :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=847961

When Norbert and Alice arrived from SF I insisted they change their return flights so they booked the same time for the day following their arrival back and I booked them into a hotel near Heathrow for that night.

We hired a car locally to take the 4 of us to Southampton and another one back. Worked out very well.

I've since booked a surprise cruise for my SO; he thought I was completely insane when I did a little victory dance the other day when I had paid the deposit!! One cruise and I'm hooked!

Hope you're doing good,

Linda

We received chocolates on our pillow each night last week on the Enchantment.

We did not eat them ... just let them stack up on the night stand. I did pack them in our suitcase and brought them home. Finally opened one, and they tasted pretty bad. They have a MINT taste to them.

I work for a BIG chocolate company and these things we received should not even be called chocolates. :mad:

Thank you NorbetsNiece :)

I was away cruising whilst you were away and missed your blog. Now, thanks to you posting the link, I have enjoyed every entry :).

Sounds like a great trip - with the exception of the attempted mugging, the actual mugging, a bit of illness/aches and some bad weather... I do, however, get the impression that you still had a great time :)

I think that rough weather is a risk of sailing in/out of Southampton... BUT it does sounds fun, though (with lots of great sea days...).

I agree with what you say about it being a shame that the cruiseline focuses mainly on shopping in the ports and not the cultural aspects. Our cruise on Freedome FELT noticebly more "commercial"/"sales focussed" than our previous RCCL cruises (not sure if it was just Freedom or my imagination or what). I think that the luxury lines (Regent, Silversea, Crystal etc) tend to be more "culture" focussed - with more cultural talks... I think that RCCL keeps its cruise prices down by merchandising/selling more extras on the cruises - so you do get a more commercial experience...

Glad that your Aunt & Uncle sorted out their flights - wise decision I think.

Also wonderful that you have another cruise booked already - you obviously ARE hooked! Will your SO (I know what you mean about "Snores Obsessively"!) need a larger sized tux?

Boo

Hi Boo!!

How sweet of you to remember. I blogged the trip :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=847961

When Norbert and Alice arrived from SF I insisted they change their return flights so they booked the same time for the day following their arrival back and I booked them into a hotel near Heathrow for that night.

We hired a car locally to take the 4 of us to Southampton and another one back. Worked out very well.

I've since booked a surprise cruise for my SO; he thought I was completely insane when I did a little victory dance the other day when I had paid the deposit!! One cruise and I'm hooked!

Hope you're doing good,

Linda

Thank you NorbetsNiece :)

I was away cruising whilst you were away and missed your blog. Now, thanks to you posting the link, I have enjoyed every entry :).

Sounds like a great trip - with the exception of the attempted mugging, the actual mugging, a bit of illness/aches and some bad weather... I do, however, get the impression that you still had a great time :)

I think that rough weather is a risk of sailing in/out of Southampton... BUT it does sounds fun, though (with lots of great sea days...).

I agree with what you say about it being a shame that the cruiseline focuses mainly on shopping in the ports and not the cultural aspects. Our cruise on Freedome FELT noticebly more "commercial"/"sales focussed" than our previous RCCL cruises (not sure if it was just Freedom or my imagination or what). I think that the luxury lines (Regent, Silversea, Crystal etc) tend to be more "culture" focussed - with more cultural talks... I think that RCCL keeps its cruise prices down by merchandising/selling more extras on the cruises - so you do get a more commercial experience...

Glad that your Aunt & Uncle sorted out their flights - wise decision I think.

Also wonderful that you have another cruise booked already - you obviously ARE hooked! Will your SO (I know what you mean about "Snores Obsessively"!) need a larger sized tux?

Boo

He could barely close the trousers for our 3rd formal night! He's meant to be dieting since our return but he's not. I don't want to ask him to try the trousers out again cos then he'll know I have a cruise booked... he just knows I've booked something and we're flying somewhere. Even when we get to the airport he'll only know we're going to Florida where I have family (Norbert's brother). I may then let it be known we're cruising..... it's just dawned on me we could rent a tux.... save on weight..... hmm....

He could barely close the trousers for our 3rd formal night! He's meant to be dieting since our return but he's not. I don't want to ask him to try the trousers out again cos then he'll know I have a cruise booked... he just knows I've booked something and we're flying somewhere. Even when we get to the airport he'll only know we're going to Florida where I have family (Norbert's brother). I may then let it be known we're cruising..... it's just dawned on me we could rent a tux.... save on weight..... hmm....

Oh that is soooo cool, I really wish that I could keep secrets like that - I just cannot keep nice surprises from my husband: I would burst!

If you can it would be MAGICAL if you could keep it from your SO until you pull up to the boat.... "Why don't we just drive up to the dock to have a look???" ;)

Hiring a tux might not be a bad idea.

Which ship are you on and when?

Boo

We had chocolates both in GS & in an E balcony recently.

A couple of cruises back, we brought two bags of Hershey Kisses and gave them out to all the Stewards & other crew that we happened to see. They were surprised to be the ones receiving instead of giving the chocolates. :D

Archived