Help I have an upgrade question

jennybabee

Your new cabin is listed as "fully obstructed view". I would not expect to see any ocean, but you will be able tell if it is daylight/night without having to turn the TV to the 'view from the Bridge' channel. We visited friends in a "partial sea view" (a G compared to your HH). While I didn't go right up to the window and search for that "partial" view, all I saw was a heck of a lot of lifeboat/tender and the equipment to raise/lower them. But there must have been a glimpse somewhere. Still, IMHO a nice upgrade from an inside - and in a better location.

thank you for the reply. Was beginning to think no one was going to reply LOL. We are going for our anniversary and although I always appreciate any kind of upgrade, this is our 1st time with HAL so I was not sure about that room

thanks

4062 will have the floor-to-ceiling windows, and that alone makes it much better than an inside, IMO. Looking at the deck plans, I believe that you may be able to see some water through the lifeboat davits if you look to the left.

Floor to Ceiling windows ? I thought that was just on the spa deck ?? I hope so , that will be exciting !!!
From the HAL brochure, E'dam H & HH:
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub & shower, floor to ceiling windows. All H & HH-category staterooms have fully obstructed views.
You will have an excellent view of the lifeboats.

Floor to Ceiling windows ? I thought that was just on the spa deck ?? I hope so , that will be exciting !!!
They look just like the VA-VF verandah cabins, but there's no door that opens.

From the HAL brochure, E'dam H & HH: You will have an excellent view of the lifeboats.
I'll bet that water will be visible through the hardware when looking to the left, between the two lifeboats. I've seen water from a "fully obstructed" HH on the Veendam. I believe HAL exaggerates the degree of obstruction for many cabins.

thank you for the reply. Was beginning to think no one was going to reply LOL. We are going for our anniversary and although I always appreciate any kind of upgrade, this is our 1st time with HAL so I was not sure about that room

thanks

I was also just looking at the rooms and locations on HAL's site.

Getting upgraded from an inside cabin to an outside cabin is a plus!!

Floor to ceiling wondows -- you should definitely get some natural light into the cabin even if is FULLY obstructed.

Have a Happy Anniversary cruise!!

I'll bet that water will be visible through the hardware when looking to the left, between the two lifeboats. I've seen water from a "fully obstructed" HH on the Veendam. I believe HAL exaggerates the degree of obstruction for many cabins.
The Veendam and E'dam are two VERY different ships and these cabins are in very different locations. You were on the Lower Promenade with a bulkhead (a ways away) blocking the view. The OP will have the lifeboats/rigging immediately outside their window. Maybe they will have a glimpse of water, but I sure wouldn't want to get their hopes up - not since I have actually been in a cabin on that particular ship, with supposedly a better view. I know I'd expected a much better view from the "partially obstructed view" than what I saw. IMHO it is better to not expect even a glimpse and be surprised/thrilled to get one, than be disappointed because their hopes were overly inflated.

I've never had an upgrade to an outside cabin that wasn't better than the inside guarantee I booked. I agree with JTL that HAL exaggerates the obstruction. I've had fully obstructed cabins where I could sit on the edge of the bed and see the ocean.

Roz

The Veendam and E'dam are two VERY different ships and these cabins are in very different locations. You were on the Lower Promenade with a bulkhead (a ways away) blocking the view. The OP will have the lifeboats/rigging immediately outside their window.
Yes, I know all that. I've been on two S ships and three Vistas.

If you look at the diagram, it appears that 4062 is the near the stern of one lifeboat - and it is one of the low lifeboats, not a high-roofed tender. I believe that the OP will not have the full side of the lifeboat immediately outside the window. Davit hardware, yes.

Maybe they will have a glimpse of water, but I sure wouldn't want to get their hopes up.
I didn't say it would be a great view, and I didn't mean to imply that the OP should expect such. I simply said "I'll bet that water will be visible through the hardware when looking to the left, between the two lifeboats. ", and I'll stand by that.

Any daylight OP will see has to beat an inside. Congratulations..... don't expect to have a fantastic view but enjoy the fact you will be able to see the weather.

On the Old Noordam (Noordam III), our first HAL cruise, we were in the top cabins and had to stand on our couch to look out the window to see anything...... Lifeboats were outside the most costly cabins on the ship. :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise.

We were in 4068 on our recent Eurodam cruise and it was much better than I expected. Floor to ceiling windows-- and we could see the water if we looked out to the left. The light was great! In an Inside cabin you don't know if it is daytime or nighttime. Have a great cruise:)

Marge

We booked an inside cabin on the QM2 for a Transatlantic trip but got upgraded to a "partialy obscured" veranda. There was a lifeboat etc right in front but we could see water on either side. Much better than an inside!!!! Be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were in 4068 on our recent Eurodam cruise and it was much better than I expected. Floor to ceiling windows-- and we could see the water if we looked out to the left.
And weren't you right in the center of a lifeboat? I'm very interested in this, because I'm in an H for the next three days! :D

Have a great time, jtl513.

Eager to hear your impressions.

I too want to wish all of you heading out on the Eurodam tomorrow a Bon Voyage. Sounds like a great little Get Away and a Wonderful way to check out the Eurodam ;)

Thanks to both of you! :D Let's see ... this time tomorrow we should be sipping some kind of exotic cocktail ... :D :D

Archived