Ports to buy Coach purses

rob6465

Wife wants to know the ports that sell the designer purses(Coach, LV, etc) at bargain prices. Heard the market in Nassau does.

Nassau does have these purses (many of them) at the straw market. Bargain with them & you can get a VERY GOOD price. St. Thomas sales the purses as well. I never did find them at the ports on the west. carb.

Wife wants to know the ports that sell the designer purses(Coach, LV, etc) at bargain prices. Heard the market in Nassau does.

I've never been there but I would bet they would be counterfeit. Unless you bought them in a company store I'd say 99% chance.

Those aren't designer bags, though. :mad:

They're counterfeit. Know what you're buying and what the consequences are of supporting the couterfeit trade.

If you want a Coach bag at a good price, buy one at an outlet store. You're getting the real thing and the real lifetime guarantee.

Years ago, my sister bought a "designer" bag that looked very authentic, had the papers and all.....from one of the ports.

Uh-oh. She took it to the designer store in NYC, and found she had been had bigtime. Just be careful.:rolleyes:

There are lots of designer look-alikes in the straw market. I've compared one to a known real Coach from here in GA and couldn't find any difference -- hanging tags, interior fabric, zipper pulls -- seems identical. Well made and look good. You can usually get the price down to about 60% of what they first tell you. Of course, you have to hear about their sick children needing to go to the doctor. Just walk away and they will usually call you back.

I found Coach purses in Belize last year -- in the shopping area that everyone needs to go through to get out of the port area -- it was little shop on the left side of the shopping strip area if you are looking at it from the water.

Years ago, my sister bought a "designer" bag that looked very authentic, had the papers and all.....from one of the ports.

Uh-oh. She took it to the designer store in NYC, and found she had been had bigtime. Just be careful.:rolleyes:

As long as you know the purses are not real, then it's on you whether to buy one. My wife purchased a "fake" Coach bag in NY for $70 AND had a real one for 3 times the amount and the fake one is still good and real one tore in 2 areas. Nowadays there are knockoffs on everything...watch, cologne, bed sheets, purses, dresses, etc.

I bought a knock off coach wallet for DD at the straw market and she was thrilled and didn't care that it was a knock off. It was cheap and she liked it so that's what mattered. She also has some real coach bags that we bought at an outlet near us and they cost a lot more even from the outlet.

The ones in the straw market are definitely fakes (but good fakes!!).... I bought some for myself and daughters.

The best value REAL Coach stuff that I have seen is in the Coach outlet in Key West.....I got a real nice over the shoulder bag, for half price!!!

You can get fakes in Cozumel... but they're not very good fakes.

I think you need to say "Coach", the brand definitely needs to be in quotes. ;) I like to refer to them as Fauxch. I've seen them in Nassau & St. Thomas. You can get fake Coach, Kate Spade, D&G, Prada, LV...just about anything. I've never been under the illusion that anything I've purchased was real. But the fakes make great gifts for my nieces who don't care if it's fake. I picked up a cute little "Kate Spade" in Nassau a few weeks ago for $15.

Oh & the "savings" of buying at the Coach store in one of these ports is taxes. If I buy a $300 purse in Ohio, I'll pay 6.5% sales tax or $19.50. Nassau doesn't have a sales tax. So if you're buying the real stuff, that is the savings.

Those aren't designer bags, though. :mad:

They're counterfeit. Know what you're buying and what the consequences are of supporting the couterfeit trade.

If you want a Coach bag at a good price, buy one at an outlet store. You're getting the real thing and the real lifetime guarantee.

Agree big time!!!

To the OP: authentic coach bags are discounted at Coach outlets, find one and purchase it there. We had a lot of fun at the Coach outlet in Old San Juan last December!! If you're looking for an authentic designer bag at a bargain price it doesnt exist lol

We were also at the Coach outlet in SJ. in December. The prices were the same as the other outlets we have visited in the U.S. In fact, the Atlantic City outlet had the best prices we have found so far!! Be an educated consumer - do your research, know the product and prices, and you will be fine!

Am I the only one here who sees a problem with the fact that the knock-off bags are illegal? As in a stolen trademark?

I am a huge bargain shopper but I refuse to support the counterfeit industry. Someone's design and trademark were stolen for those fakes - no matter how overpriced the real thing is.

I didn't end up making any purchases but had fun looking around the Coach and Dooney stores in Old San Juan. Prices didn't seem terrible but not that great either.

True story

My DW has a black belt in shopping *LOL* She knows the real from the fake in purses, clothing, jewelry, you name it.

I believe there is a book or a web site that has all the little secrets (how something is stitched, the exact location of a tag, or serial number, stuff like that) and that is her bible *LOL*

Anyway , a while back she was in the mall with DD and they were eating in the food court. A few tables away a young woman was sitting with a little girl and they were eating and the little girl spills a drink that flows down the table all over the floor and all over the purse of the lady that was sitting next to her.

The poor mom is frntic, she couldn't apologize enough . the woman who owned the purse threw a fit . She claimed it was a genuine ,I think she said Prada, it was only a month old and it cost $600

The poor mom was so upset and couldn't apologize enough and hearing $600 only made her feel worse . This girl obviously could not afford to replace the purse. And the woman Ok her purse was ruined , but she was a complete Beotch.

My wife, watching the whole thing notices the purse. and (shrinking violet that she is :)) tells the woman that she is full of crap, that that is not a real Prada purse because of some little design flaw that only my wife and Prada know *LOL*

The woman became very indignant and much told my wife to mind her own business.

My wife made her a deal "Lets go over to Lord and Taylor, or Macys, or Nordstroms (all in the mall they were in and who all sell REAL Prada purses) and if it is real, my wife saiid she would give her the $600.

the woman went totally white, cursed at my wife a little more and then picked up her soggy Prada and walked away.

The other people in the food court applauded (according to my DD who considers the incident the most embarressing thing my wife has ever done *LOL*

The young mother was in shock , she was trembleing.

My DD reassured her "Trust me my mother does crazy sh*t like this all the time. *LOL*

Right here in the good OL USA , Key West has a Coach Outlet store right on Duval street , just there 3 weeks ago GOT a fantastic deal on a coach bag!!!

Yes, I agree... it's where I got mine.....I paid less than half the ticket price!!

True story

My DW has a black belt in shopping *LOL* She knows the real from the fake in purses, clothing, jewelry, you name it.

I believe there is a book or a web site that has all the little secrets (how something is stitched, the exact location of a tag, or serial number, stuff like that) and that is her bible *LOL*

Anyway , a while back she was in the mall with DD and they were eating in the food court. A few tables away a young woman was sitting with a little girl and they were eating and the little girl spills a drink that flows down the table all over the floor and all over the purse of the lady that was sitting next to her.

The poor mom is frntic, she couldn't apologize enough . the woman who owned the purse threw a fit . She claimed it was a genuine ,I think she said Prada, it was only a month old and it cost $600

The poor mom was so upset and couldn't apologize enough and hearing $600 only made her feel worse . This girl obviously could not afford to replace the purse. And the woman Ok her purse was ruined , but she was a complete Beotch.

My wife, watching the whole thing notices the purse. and (shrinking violet that she is :)) tells the woman that she is full of crap, that that is not a real Prada purse because of some little design flaw that only my wife and Prada know *LOL*

The woman became very indignant and much told my wife to mind her own business.

My wife made her a deal "Lets go over to Lord and Taylor, or Macys, or Nordstroms (all in the mall they were in and who all sell REAL Prada purses) and if it is real, my wife saiid she would give her the $600.

the woman went totally white, cursed at my wife a little more and then picked up her soggy Prada and walked away.

The other people in the food court applauded (according to my DD who considers the incident the most embarressing thing my wife has ever done *LOL*

The young mother was in shock , she was trembleing.

My DD reassured her "Trust me my mother does crazy sh*t like this all the time. *LOL*

Great Story!!!! Kudos to your wife. Also, just wondering........

why would you put a $600 purse on the dirty floor of the mall?

Archived