coffee cups

anniversarycruiser40

Does anyone know where to buy the coffee cups from the different Princess cruise ships (ceramic)? I would especially like one from the Tahitian Princess, which I know would be hard, since she has since changed names. Is there a web site for this? Would it be on eBay?

Thanks for your help

Ebay would be my only suggestion.

I used to collect one from every ship we sailed in the Princess fleet. I had a great collection going until DH got very clumsey one morning and knocked half of them out the cupboard and either broke or chipped them. :( We actually used them every day as we loved the size. But after the crash, I gave it up. :(

Thanks for the info, but unable to find coffee mug on eBay. Anyone going on TP before she changes name to Ocean Princess? I would be willing to pay for the mug and shipping charges.

I have been trying to do the same thing for years. Occasionally a cup or two will show up on eBay, but that's about it. I just try to strong arm my friends and relatives into getting me a coffee mug when they cruise! I think I've got about 20 cups to this point.

I even tried to contact the cruise lines but never got a reply, which I thought was odd. I also tried to get the supplier from a clerk on board, but she didn't know.

Good luck!

I agree that Princess is losing a sure thing by not marketing their brand on-line. They also need to expand their apperal offering in the shipboard boutiques.

The coffee cup collection issue is interesting. I guess we never considered collecting those. Our choice is to collect the shot glasses instead. Much more fun with the contents of those than the coffee cups and they take up less space!

I agree that Princess is losing a sure thing by not marketing their brand on-line. They also need to expand their apperal offering in the shipboard boutiques.

The coffee cup collection issue is interesting. I guess we never considered collecting those. Our choice is to collect the shot glasses instead. Much more fun with the contents of those than the coffee cups and they take up less space!

I agree. No pun intended (ok, maybe a little) they "miss the boat" in not offering Princess merchandise online.

Speaking personally I know there were times I didn't buy something and, after I was off the ship was sorry I hadn't. Case in point - we sailed the Crown Princess within the first year of its sailing. I bought a blue glass coffee cup that says "Inaugural season" on it. Well, I LOVE that cup and use it all the time (and hide it from my clumsy hubby). I wish I had bought two of them, but I didn't. The next time I was on the Crown I was hoping they would still have them, but no such luck.

I'll be sailing the Ruby inaugural and for sure if they have a similar coffee cup for the Ruby, I'm buying more than one!

Sharon

Thanks for all of your ideas. I will try the roll call to see what I come up with. We usually collect shot glasses too, but after a while you have a ton of shot glasses and no place to put them. At least with the coffee mug you can use it every day. My brother got me started on the coffee mug thing. He always has me buy one for him on the cruises we take.....don't think I'd do that though. I want the memory of the cruise 'WE' took on that particular ship. I bought my first one on our first Celebrity ship (Mercury PNW) for me and now I use it all of the time. Matter of fact, wish I'd bought two, so that my husband and I don't fight over it !!! They are easy to bring home....I use the bubble wrap that I brought my wine on the ship with...works great.

Happy Cruising to everyone:)

Archived