First cruise to Italy - Need recommendation

mary07054

We used Italy car service dot com & they were fantastic. There is so much to cover in so little time & the drivers we had new all the tricks & best times to see what is most important to you. My advice is to not see Italy through a camera lens like I did, get some pictures, but not everything. My only regret! Don't forget to get some pasta--it's unlike anything here in the states. Pizza in Naples, ahhhhhhhhhh:D

Jan

I will be traveling with daughter 23 - would like to go sometime in 2009 (fall). thanks for your help.

Are you looking for help in finding a cruise? Or in logistics--ie port tours, hotels, etc.?

If it's in finding a cruise, there are all sorts of choices...not only Princess, but Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Oceania, Azamara, Costa, Carnival and others...

Each cruise line does a few things a little different but any can give you a good experience that might be right for you...

And more important is what sort of itinerary you are looking for...Do you want a cruise that visits Italy along with several other countries around the Mediterranean? Or do you want something that specifically concentrates on Italian ports? Do you want one that visits Italy but sails out of Barcelona or Istanbul or Athens? Or would you rather have one that sails in and/or out of Rome or Venice so that you can spend extra time pre- or post cruise in Italy?

There are SO MANY choices and options that we'd really have to know a lot more about what you want...

There is a port of call board that covers Italy, and it is very helpful and informative: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=7&f=234

We took a 20 day 3 continent trans-atlantic cruise this spring, ending in Italy. We then spent 5 days in Rome. The port of call of board was very informative and helpful.

We took a cruise this past summer and did\ Rome (went in early and spent 3 days there and we barely saw the highlights, Rome is really a great city) - we also went to Naples, Venice and Livornia - we also went to Dubrovnik, Mesina, Barcelona, Cannes - This was a really great cruise and each city was really nice.

Archived