Aft wrap around deck cabins - Pride, Spirit, Legend, Miracle

Treacher1

We had 4228 on the Legend a couple of years ago and it was great!! 3 room suite, you could put 20 people on the balcony and still have room, nice large overhang so there was always shade if ya needed it, No vibrations from the engines that we noticed, and listening to the wake trailing off aft of the ship just put you right to sleep. Also, Tom, we tried it and is is pretty much like sticking you head under a spigot!!!

4228 was our favorite on the Pride. We saw the others (Cat 11)on the sides of the ship and prefer the layout of the wrap cabins. We loved the dressing area, huge closet, 2 TVs and the view in the mornings! That balcony was the biggest reason we booked the room. It was worth the extra money, and our friends were out there with us every day. What a beautiful view, and being that close to the water, we could see a lot. I cant wait for Pride to come to Baltimore.

we cant wait for our DREAM aft wraparound...booked it for our 12 day med cruise...I hope it is as nice as the others!!

Mel

Which cabin are you in? You know that PICTURES would be GREATLY appreciated on here!!!!

You sail on the Dream exactly two months before we do.

Tom

I was so happy to read your post. Nov 12 we sail away on the Spirit in #5295. I have been in tears because of all the "bad" reviews I read about this particular aft wrap. I called my PVP months ago and he assured me that "All aft decks on the Spirit are created equal". I have argued this point several times but what am I to do? I could upgrade to cat 12 with a a much smaller balcony is it worth the extra bucks for a larger cabin and much much smaller balcony... NO. Your review is the first I have seen that had anything positive. Thanks so much for sharing now I can finally go forward and do my countdown dance:D:D

I'm glad I could set your mind at ease! Your PVP is correct in saying that all aft decks are created equal. It's the rooms that are different. Like I said, 5295 is not like the other aft wrap suites, because it is all one room. However, it's still a great room with a great balcony, and we loved it! I'm not sure why a couple needs a separate bedroom, anyway? :confused: Enjoy your aft wrap and your cruise!!! Oh, and there is a relatively unknown perk for this room....or at least it was on the Miracle, so I assume it will be on the Spirit. I was able to connect to WiFi (with a good signal) with my laptop while sitting comfortably at the desk in my cabin. :D There is also an extra electric outlet behind the TV. ;)

Grits:

Before you connected on the WiFi, did you have to purchase a wireless package of minutes?

Yes, you do have to sign up and either purchase your minutes or choose to pay by the minute. But you can do that right from your room on your laptop (if you have a signal there). When you choose to connect to the Carnival WiFi and then open your browser, the ship's log in page automatically comes up, where you first sign up and later log in each time. It's very simple and self explanatory. There is no need to go to the internet cafe, if you have a signal in your cabin.

We had 8273 on the Miracle. It was just the two of us, so it worked just fine. If we had more people in that cabin though I would have preferred the layout of the regular suite. With that said, NOTHING beat that balcony and totally got us hooked on full aft balconies forevermore.

Which cabin are you in? You know that PICTURES would be GREATLY appreciated on here!!!!

You sail on the Dream exactly two months before we do.

Tom

We have 8466...and dont worry, i will take lots of pics to post!!!

....was dropped in our lap two weeks ago. Whoever cancelled, thanks! My research says this is THEE cabin to have (and it's clone on the starboard). It even has a shower out on the balcony (that might be fun at night with the lights down low:D ). According to the pix it has a straight up-and-down railing and a full overhang. AND almost a $600 OBC waiting to be consumed, that's a lot of DOD's. It's been 13 months since our last vacation, I can't wait to get the party started.

You're welcome. We cancelled 3 Pride cruises for next year. 2 in that cabin and 1 in 4237.:(

Great!! It appears that those cabins (aft deck 8) will have a substantial overhang - giving a lot of shade, and shelter from rain!!

Tom

How would you compare the 9a to an Aft wrap suite? I will be in second aft wrap soon.(4237) I really like the aft suite, but want to try the 9a. Trying to plan my cruises for next year.

Thanks

4327 is all mine (and DW's!) on Feb 17th! You guys, don't mess up my cabin now! :D

I'll try and leave it in good condition as long as Redzone hasn't hit it too bad before we get there...;)

We've had 7298 several times, 7347, 4228 this year and now trying 4237. I had originally booked 8268, but when 4237 came available, I had to jump on that covered balcony. We loved it! If you're a sun worshiper, then it might not be the best choice, but for us, it was perfect!

I'll try and leave it in good condition as long as Redzone hasn't hit it too bad before we get there...;)

We've had 7298 several times, 7347, 4228 this year and now trying 4237. I had originally booked 8268, but when 4237 came available, I had to jump on that covered balcony. We loved it! If you're a sun worshiper, then it might not be the best choice, but for us, it was perfect!

I can't make any promises, let's just say I booked another cruise to recover from this one ;) (B2B). I will be streaming music to the balcony and throughout the cabin on my own network :D and plan on having at least one cabin/ balcony party.

How would you compare the 9a to an Aft wrap suite? I will be in second aft wrap soon.(4237) I really like the aft suite, but want to try the 9a. Trying to plan my cruises for next year.

Thanks

I assume you're talking about the 9A wrap balcony cabins on Conquest class ships. The cabin is slightly larger than a Cat 8 - though certainly not as nice as the corner 11's. The balcony did not seem quite as deep (comparing Spirit class deck 4 with Conquest class deck 6), but both are about 40 feet in length.

When we sail on any Conquest class ship, we go for the corners. We have tried the mid-ship Cat 12's on the Glory, but prefer the corner 9A's. There is something about all that elbow room on the corner balconies which just helps to put the whole world into perspective - if only for a week or so!!!!

Tom

I assume you're talking about the 9A wrap balcony cabins on Conquest class ships. The cabin is slightly larger than a Cat 8 - though certainly not as nice as the corner 11's. The balcony did not seem quite as deep (comparing Spirit class deck 4 with Conquest class deck 6), but both are about 40 feet in length.

When we sail on any Conquest class ship, we go for the corners. We have tried the mid-ship Cat 12's on the Glory, but prefer the corner 9A's. There is something about all that elbow room on the corner balconies which just helps to put the whole world into perspective - if only for a week or so!!!!

Tom

Thanks, that is what I was referring to. I agree I prefer the "elbow room" too.

I can't make any promises, let's just say I booked another cruise to recover from this one ;) (B2B). I will be streaming music to the balcony and throughout the cabin on my own network :D and plan on having at least one cabin/ balcony party.

Oh well, what the heck...they'll have close to a month to pull the place back together! Go for it and have a blast!:D Feel free to leave any left over money taped to the back of a picture...;)

• 2 months later...
We have had 8273 on the Pride, Legend and Spirit and 8268 on the Miracle. We love the Spirit class ships because of the cat. 11 aft wraps. Our next 2 cruises on the Legend and Spirit we have aft wraps. You will not regret booking an aft wrap and will have trouble booking any other cabin.

Hi. I just booked 8268 on the Legend. Do you have any pics to share? Also, did you ever have any noise from the Lido deck right above?

Archived