Balcony cabin questions?

Can anyone tell me about the privacy of the balcony cabins? I have only been on carnival's smaller ships but have noticed that the you can walk right by the balconys of tha cabins. I was wondering if you can get a balcony with a little more privacy. I am planning on booking a 7 night easter car. cruise for late 09 for our 15th anniversary and want to try a balcony cabin. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me about the privacy of the balcony cabins? I have only been on carnival's smaller ships but have noticed that the you can walk right by the balconys of tha cabins. I was wondering if you can get a balcony with a little more privacy. I am planning on booking a 7 night easter car. cruise for late 09 for our 15th anniversary and want to try a balcony cabin. Thanks in advance.

Never been on Carnival. Does this mean that there is a walkway between the balconies and the side of the ship? RCI is not like that. The balconies go to the edge of the ship. If you can walk past a balcony, you can walk on water and you must be verrry tall :D. The only privacy issue is that your neighbors can peak around the divider if they want to.

I have only cruised on RCCL so I am not sure what you are talking about people being able to walk by your balcony???? We have had a balcony cabin on the Navigator and we had no problems at all with privacy issues regarding our balcony! I would definitely recommend the balcony cabin.....it is well worth the extra $$!!! :)

in the balcony cabins we have been in we have never had an issue with privacy. Like mentioned above...neighboring pax un necassarily peekeing around the balcony divider would be the only issue...but we have not ever had a problem with that, everyone is seemingly very respectful

cruizinonup - no, the balconies are more private on RCCL.

On Carnival older ships, the Cat 11 balconies can be seen from another deck of the ship. Can't remember which deck but I do remember seeing shots that could look down right onto the cat 11 balconies from a side angle. That's why I went with a Cat 12. ;)

I think that you have the greatest privacy on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure because the balconies are in-hull balconies.

Try to look at a few photos of the ships that you are considering booking, so that you have a good idea about all of this.

Remember, while you are at sea, you have the privacy you are looking for. In port, the ship's crew comes out to paint and clean, and you may find yourself tied up at a pier alongside another ship.

Have a great time!

Leslie

I think that you have the greatest privacy on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure because the balconies are in-hull balconies.

Try to look at a few photos of the ships that you are considering booking, so that you have a good idea about all of this.

Remember, while you are at sea, you have the privacy you are looking for. In port, the ship's crew comes out to paint and clean, and you may find yourself tied up at a pier alongside another ship.

Have a great time!

Leslie

You are however warned if they are likely to be doing balcony/window cleaning when in a port so that you keep your curtains closed and balcony door locked. :)

The only trouble is once you have had a balcony cabin it's hard to 'downgrade' next time! We have had a balcony cabin on Independance of the seas and it was great. Only trouble is smokers next door, I am an ex smoker and can't stand the smell of it so I am very anti-smoking and would prefer fresh air!!

congrats on trying royal caribbean-

we had cat 8d's on carnival and had no privacy issues - you must have been on diff. ships than we cruised on

do you know what ships you are looking at for your cruise? i agree with an above poster and would go with voyager class or freedom class- great ships!

You are however warned if they are likely to be doing balcony/window cleaning when in a port so that you keep your curtains closed and balcony door locked. :)

I don't know about being warned, I know I wasn't. Unless they made a public annoucement which I usually don't hear. I was sitting in my room (thank God I wasn't undressed) when on of the deck hands came by washing the exterior of the balcony.

The warning is what you read right here---there will be no warning on the ship when exterior maintanance is being done! Just know that whenever the ship isn't moving, the crew is outside doing "upkeep"--and it can (and will) affect your balcony--no matter where on the ship you are!

On Star Princess and maybe a few sister ship, there are 4 balcony cabins on the Emerald Deck each side on the front of the ship with a catwalk to the front of the ship there, The walk way is about 4 ft below the balcony and the balconies have mirrowed glass on them. see pictures for detail:

1157470094_starcabine-205.jpg.701ce9d1118ee9a32db1b7fbe2a999c8.jpg

The corner aft cabins on the Radiance class (Jewel, Brilliance, Serenade & Radiance) are absolutely lovely - very spacious and private. Photos in the link below. The advantage of a corner aft is you only have one neighbour.

The same would hold true to for the Freedom and Voyager class ships.

Enjoy your anniversary.

Kathy

On Star Princess and maybe a few sister ship, there are 4 balcony cabins on the Emerald Deck each side on the front of the ship with a catwalk to the front of the ship there, The walk way is about 4 ft below the balcony and the balconies have mirrowed glass on them. see pictures for detail:

Interesting, thanks for the picture!

###

I stayed in the 2nd from left cabin on a guarantee booking - e-205. it is a surprisingly good cabin. It has a bigger balcony than the mini suites and it is enclosed some so it is not windy when the ship is cruising. Also, not that much foot traffic and the people usually just walked by and didn't even notice the balconies. At night the walkway is closed till morning.

If you don't mind the little rock and roll, from the waves, it's great to sleep too!

Archived