MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

Carol-

You can go anytime you want, they just suggest making reservations because that way they can plan for you and you won't have to wait at all. We only saw one group wait the entire 10 night cruise and that was just for a few minutes.

You can show up by yourselves or with others in the My Time Dining station. They have a list of staterooms that are signed up for MTD, as long as you are all a part of it you can go together, alone, whatever.

The primetime seemed to be 7-7:30, which is when we nearly always arrived too and we never waited for a table. It was a great experience.

Thanks Gracie, I plan on doing MTD on the Oasis:cool:

Carol:)

Feb 13th is the start of MTD for Explorer :D

I confirmed the dates/ships again yesterday with RCCL :D

We are departing Explorer on 2/13. I'm sure there will be talk of this on the ship. We also have a specific waiter that we request each cruise, so we'll be asking him about this. Will try to remember and post when we get back.

So hope it is true!! Can't wait to change all my Monarch cruises over to MyTime! Already have done the prepaid gratuities, so it just is a matter of changing to the MyTime. I figure I will start calling after the first every couple of weeks until they get it into the system and change as soon as they have it available.

Just out of curiosity.....

I understand that in order to take advantage of MTD, you are required to pre pay gratuities - when I called RCI they confirmed this, and also told me that I would have to pay ALL gratuities, not just dining room. I'm wondering why I would need to pre pay all gratuities? The stateroom attendant doesn't serve dinner?

Reality is - I pay full tips anyways, everytime I cruise....but I don't often pre-pay them. I usually stuff the envelopes with cash instead. I am just wondering why they don't just make you pay dining room gratuities instead of having to pre pay everything??

My DH & I have never done MTD. I understand about paying all tips early. My question is : How will the wait make out. On our cruises, we got to know, enjoy & really liked our wait staff. Now if I do MTD I pre pay tips. Since I assume that most people tip more than requested, will the fact that you have different waiters every night, hurt the wait staff tips. I wonder if I would feel the same with different waiters every night. I enjoy the fact that on the 2nd night, my ice tea is at my place setting. Maybe NOT fair, but there is no way my extra tips would go to my favorite waiter. Some waiters do try much harder than others. Opinions Please.

AR 4030-

We were on 10 night Jewel cruise last month. All but one night we had the same wait staff and they were very apologetic about the one night. From what we could tell nearly all tables had the same wait staff each night. Our service was equal to or better than with fixed seating and we tipped extra accordingly. The prepaid tips make sense because of the occasion when you don't get your normal staff but it seems RCCL understands that many people like to get to know the waiter and assistant waiter and assign tables accordingly.

Hope that helps.

ckrobyn-

Probably just an accounting thing, if you're prepaying they just would rather do it all on the one "gratuity" account rather than break it down to the different areas. They still give you envelopes to pass out with your voucher in it which gives you the opportunity to leave more if you want to.

My DH & I have never done MTD. I understand about paying all tips early. My question is : How will the wait make out. On our cruises, we got to know, enjoy & really liked our wait staff. Now if I do MTD I pre pay tips. Since I assume that most people tip more than requested, will the fact that you have different waiters every night, hurt the wait staff tips. I wonder if I would feel the same with different waiters every night. I enjoy the fact that on the 2nd night, my ice tea is at my place setting. Maybe NOT fair, but there is no way my extra tips would go to my favorite waiter. Some waiters do try much harder than others. Opinions Please.

You could stay with the Early or Late Dinning, or if you do MTD and you like a Waiter because he or she has been better then any other one you have had, you still can give them extra at the end....

Carol:)

Just out of curiosity.....

I understand that in order to take advantage of MTD, you are required to pre pay gratuities - when I called RCI they confirmed this, and also told me that I would have to pay ALL gratuities, not just dining room. I'm wondering why I would need to pre pay all gratuities? The stateroom attendant doesn't serve dinner?

Reality is - I pay full tips anyways, everytime I cruise....but I don't often pre-pay them. I usually stuff the envelopes with cash instead. I am just wondering why they don't just make you pay dining room gratuities instead of having to pre pay everything??

It is this way because the waiters in the MTD have the tip money pooled so it is split amongst them...you may not have the same waiters each night, so at least this way it is equitable and no one gets stiffed...

• 3 weeks later...
Letters/emails with regard to MTD, will go out first to those on the Liberty 17th Jan sailing.

When they will add it all into their system I dont know.:(

We are on the Liberty Jan. 24th Sailing, and I just called my TA to switch to MTD .. no problems, all switched and good :)

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Liberty Jan. 24th Sailing, and I just called my TA to switch to MTD .. no problems, all switched and good :)

Hi! A couple of questions ...

Do you know who your TA talked to at RCCL?

Also, do you know if from Canada do you book with the Miami part of Royal Caribbean or the UK part?

We are on the Explorer in March (MTD) is supposed to roll-out in Feb. on the Explorer. Our TA called again yesterday and spoke to the MTD people and they insist that it is not being rolled out on any ships that were not listed on the web site. Last I looked Liberty wasn't on there yet.

My Time Dining Implementation 2009

Ship ---Starting Date

Liberty ---17-Jan

Vision ---18-Jan

Voyager ---1-Feb

Navigator ---5-Feb

(after drydock)

Explorer ---13-Feb

Adventure ---15-Feb

Grandeur ---26-Feb

Majesty ---27-Feb

Monarch ---8-Mar

Mariner ---9-Mar

Splendour ---23-Mar

Rhapsody ---2-Apr

Sounds like I will be able to try this in April !!! yahoo!!!

I do have one question though..... Do you have to sign up for MTD for everyday of the cruise or can you MTD just certain nights of the cruise?

Penny

In regards to the above post with all the dates posted by Elizanessie...I wouldn't go by those....I inquired to Royal Caribbean about signing up for MyTime Dining on the Majesty in March (the list above says implemented on Majesty in February)....the reply I got back yesterday was...NO...it will not be on the Majesty of the Seas...I don't know about the others, but you can check the Royal Caribbean site and see which ships they say it is happening on, but as I said....the above list isn't on their site, so I don't know where it came from originally...

Hi! A couple of questions ...

Do you know who your TA talked to at RCCL?

Also, do you know if from Canada do you book with the Miami part of Royal Caribbean or the UK part?

We are on the Explorer in March (MTD) is supposed to roll-out in Feb. on the Explorer. Our TA called again yesterday and spoke to the MTD people and they insist that it is not being rolled out on any ships that were not listed on the web site. Last I looked Liberty wasn't on there yet.

I called my TA and said " MTD will now be offered on Liberty I would like to have it", they put me on hold and a few minutes later she said "done" paid the tips and off we went :)

Sorry, but I do not who they spoke too, but as I mentioned in another thread I did email RCCL to confirm and they did reply and confirm that we are on MTD.

My guess is that they will only start accepting requests in a certain time frame, say 2 or 3 weeks before the announced dates.

If you would like, this is the email I used to contact them, maybe it can help you ... rcldining@rccl.com

Good luck !!!

Sounds like I will be able to try this in April !!! yahoo!!!

I do have one question though..... Do you have to sign up for MTD for everyday of the cruise or can you MTD just certain nights of the cruise?

Penny

It's either one or the other. You can not move back and forth between MTD and traditional.

I called my TA and said " MTD will now be offered on Liberty I would like to have it", they put me on hold and a few minutes later she said "done" paid the tips and off we went :)

Sorry, but I do not who they spoke too, but as I mentioned in another thread I did email RCCL to confirm and they did reply and confirm that we are on MTD.

My guess is that they will only start accepting requests in a certain time frame, say 2 or 3 weeks before the announced dates.

If you would like, this is the email I used to contact them, maybe it can help you ... rcldining@rccl.com

Good luck !!!

Thanks. It is really frustrating because we have people on our roll call in the UK and they have been able to sign up for MTD on our cruise, but RCCL in the US says it is not there.

I hope you are right on the 2-3 week thing. Maybe I will try the email option. Who knows.

In regards to the above post with all the dates posted by Elizanessie...I wouldn't go by those....I inquired to Royal Caribbean about signing up for MyTime Dining on the Majesty in March (the list above says implemented on Majesty in February)....the reply I got back yesterday was...NO...it will not be on the Majesty of the Seas...I don't know about the others, but you can check the Royal Caribbean site and see which ships they say it is happening on, but as I said....the above list isn't on their site, so I don't know where it came from originally...

The list came in email from RCCL and was then confirmed by RCCL in a telephone call ...twice.

The list came in email from RCCL and was then confirmed by RCCL in a telephone call ...twice.

Can you please ask your contacts over there to help straighten out RCCL over here? :D

I totally belive you, not only because you knew about other things happening before those of us in the US, but because someone on my cruise on the Explorer in March from the UK has been able to add MTD to her reservation. They are just totally clueless over here and keep telling everyone is not available and it won't be any time in the near future that they know of.

For those naive people insisting the RCCL US web site is correct, the Liberty (which is on ElizaNessie's list - but NOT the one on the RCCL web site) IS taking MTD reservations. Someone on this thread was able to get them. Now, she is from Canada, so maybe RCCL just doesn't like those of us in the USA. Who knows. :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is that when I went by your list that you posted and inquired to Royal Caribbean about signing up for MTD in March (after the supposed February 27/09 implementation date), I got a flat "NO" and the email to prove it in regards to Majesty of the Seas for March 16/09 sailing, so you can understand my frustration in regards to the posted list....somebody has to get it right (and I'm not blaming you, ok!)

I wonder if this is something they are offering first (only?) to UK customers? It seems the UK folks are able to do it but we here cannot. My TA said they were not doing MTD on our Monarch trip in April. Maybe they are offering it to UK folks only?

All I'm saying is that when I went by your list that you posted and inquired to Royal Caribbean about signing up for MTD in March (after the supposed February 27/09 implementation date), I got a flat "NO" and the email to prove it in regards to Majesty of the Seas for March 16/09 sailing, so you can understand my frustration in regards to the posted list....somebody has to get it right (and I'm not blaming you, ok!)

Why not wait until the cruise line releases the information on their website before getting upset? Maybe posters should not be placing this information on the website before the cruise line gets a chance to release the information. Reminds me of the recent room service thread. Maybe someone in Miami needs to find out who is releasing this information and tell them to stop it.

Why not wait until the cruise line releases the information on their website before getting upset? Maybe posters should not be placing this information on the website before the cruise line gets a chance to release the information. Reminds me of the recent room service thread. Maybe someone in Miami needs to find out who is releasing this information and tell them to stop it.

Just for the record, I'm not "upset"....just frustrated by what I read on here...

Archived