Need advice

MosaicSun

My Husband & I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary this year and are doing another cruise. We did one last year on the Navigator and one a few years before on the Majesty. So here's our dilemma, I would love to go on the 8 night Eastern Caribbean on the Independence, but we would not be on the ship on our anniversary and we liked that aspect of it last year. There is a 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Freedom that would put us on the ship on our day. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. There are a lot of other great cruises out there, of course, but we really want to go on one of the Freedom class ships. Thanks everyone! :)

We've been married 32 years---and it really doesn't matter WHEN we celebrate it---do the 8 day to where you want to go! Pretend that it's YOUR day! I swear--it won't make a whit of difference!

Just enjoy each other, and celebrate your relationship EVERYDAY!!!!!

Of all ten years that we've been married (10 years on May 30) we've only physically been together for 3 of them, thanks to the United States Marine Corps. We're going through our second and final deployment now and we'll be cruising when he returns. We're cruising 25 days after our anniversary and it'll STILL be our anniversary.

It doesn't matter where you are, and when you are there, just so that you are together. :)

We've been married 32 years---and it really doesn't matter WHEN we celebrate it---do the 8 day to where you want to go! Pretend that it's YOUR day! I swear--it won't make a whit of difference!

Just enjoy each other, and celebrate your relationship EVERYDAY!!!!!

Exactly, it doesn't matter when the two of you are together :D

###

If you really like the itinerary on the Independence, then go for that one.

If it's really really important to you to be on the ship on your actual anniversary, then do the Freedom. The 2 ships themselves, are pretty identical.

I can understand your wanting to celebrate the actual day on board ship. Our anniversary is in April, and we've celebrated quite a few times, on a ship. This year, and next, it just hasn't worked out. Last year, it was so much cheaper to cruise the week after our anniversary. Same ship, same itinerary, just cheaper. This coming year, the itinerary that I really love, stops sailing that one in March. So, we're cruising the 29th of March, and first few days of April. Closest I could get to April 22nd. We just go out for a nice dinner on our actual date. Oh, and we'll have been married 47 years April 22, 2009.

I can totally understand you wanting to be on the ship on "your day", but if you really want to stick to the Indy, then just celebrate your night doing something at home like going out to dinner to celebrate ..... On Freedom, have your dinner at one of the specialty restaurants and toast with champagne here and their too!

We got really really lucky and managed to book for this June over our 20th anni. spending it on the ship.

Do what's best for you......and have a blast :D

My anniversary is 8/29...been married 16 years. In those 16 years, we've only managed to get away on our actually anniversary once. I had a 3 year old son already. And, the kid's school schedules make it really difficult to break away on the actual anniversary. In addition, my DH is a firefighter, who often works on our anniversary...and Christmas...and birthdays...and Easter...and the 4th of July...and, and, and...:(.

Go with the cruise you really want to go on...and it will be special.

Thats funny, we do the same thing.We celebrated our 10 year on the Jewel 8 nighter and had a blast.So it has become a tradition for us also.Last year was also on the jewel. And our vacation always fell on our anniv. This year we decided to take the 8 nighter on the Indy also. But it doesn't fall on our anniv either. Our anniv is March 1, and the cruise is on March 7. We will still be celebrating.Enjoy the 8 nighter!It's still an anniv gift for the both of you.

Thanks for the input. I'm not so hung up on the day as I am the different ships & itinerary. Sure, we would like to be on the ship, but it is not a must. Our first cruise was for our anniversary, but do to circumstances, we went a few weeks later. It just worked out well last year.

On a different note, my parents are celebrating their 40th anniversary this year and are going to do their first cruise. They still haven't booked :eek:, but I think they might end up doing the 8 night on the Indy that we are thinking of doing. Am I able to have stuff put in their room for them (decorations & goodies) if I get their booking info?

Thats funny, we do the same thing.We celebrated our 10 year on the Jewel 8 nighter and had a blast.So it has become a tradition for us also.Last year was also on the jewel. And our vacation always fell on our anniv. This year we decided to take the 8 nighter on the Indy also. But it doesn't fall on our anniv either. Our anniv is March 1, and the cruise is on March 7. We will still be celebrating.Enjoy the 8 nighter!It's still an anniv gift for the both of you.
Our anniversary is March 20 and cruising has worked out really well fo celebrating it. I thought with it being Spring Break that it might be crazy with kids, but it wasn't bad. The weather is great in the islands. I had told him I wanted to Spain for our anniversary, but it's too cold that time of year. That will have to wait for a birthday trip sometime.

Of all ten years that we've been married (10 years on May 30) we've only physically been together for 3 of them, thanks to the United States Marine Corps. We're going through our second and final deployment now and we'll be cruising when he returns. We're cruising 25 days after our anniversary and it'll STILL be our anniversary.

It doesn't matter where you are, and when you are there, just so that you are together. :)

Many, many thank yous to your husband and your family for all your sacrifices. Happy anniversary whenever you celebrate!!!

Am I able to have stuff put in their room for them (decorations & goodies) if I get their booking info?

Yes - you will be able to order this thru Gifts & Gear.

Back to your original question... we were booked on the 8 night Indy until we got a fab deal that moved us to Oasis. But we were really liking that itinerary. If it is really the intinerary & ship that you like, then I say go for it and don't worry about the actual day. :) Have a great time, no matter which one you pick.

our anniv. is early august- because cruise prices are 100's less in sept / oct we cruise then to celebrate our anniv. and save enough by doing so to pay 1/2 of the next cruise we hopefully get to take.....lol

i would go on the indy 8 nighter - for sure!

Archived