Do you have to bring your own ice skates?

misty57

My son is interested in ice skating on the Liberty next month and was wondering if he needed to bring his own skates or if there were some to borrow or rent onboard. Has anyone skated on the ships that offer this?

They provide skates.

Be sure to bring socks and long pants.

:)

They require socks of course and long pants be worn in the ice skating rink. Jeans work best. As already stated the ice skates are provided free. While I have never been to the ice skating rink on the ship, they may not allow outside skates to be used. Anyone know for sure?

They require socks of course and long pants be worn in the ice skating rink. Jeans work best. As already stated the ice skates are provided free. While I have never been to the ice skating rink on the ship, they may not allow outside skates to be used. Anyone know for sure?

On our 10 days cruise lasyt OCT. they offered a special session for those who brought their own skates.

Outside skates are allowed.

Thank you landlover. I had gone down and watched them ice skate on my first voyager class sailing as I did ice skate when I lived in the colder climes as a youth. I had forgotten about the knee and elbow pads and helmet. I did go watch the ice show and noticed how small the ice rink was on the first voyage. I may do it again on the February sailing.

Last year I dragged my skates along since we were driving. I figured I could skate a few pounds off instead of going to the gym. Yes, I had talked to RC and you are allowed to wear your own. What a waste. There are so few hours that passengers are allowed to use the rink that I never even made it. The skates just took up space in the cabin. We leave in 2 days for our next cruise and the skates are staying home. Don't miss the skating show. It was great.

Archived