LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I know that I have been neglecting you guys and this thread, but tomorrow when we are in Jamaica (Ocho Rios), I'll find an internet café and catch up (ketchup), I promise.

Food has been very good to excellent EVERYWHERE on the ship so far.

I don't know what recent Mariner whiners have been complaining about.

*Some* of the staff at the purser's desk could use an enema or high colonic.

Melissa, the LA, is PERFECT - the best I have ever encountered. She gave a speech at the general C&A party tonight that was actually worth listening to.

Captain Johnny is SO entertaining.

Make A Wish Foundation auctioned off ship-based goodies tonight, and raised many thousands of dollars on bridge tours, galley tours, and CD-led behind-the-scenes tour and an ENGINE ROOM tour.

I love our cabin steward Catur. He made a NEW towel animal tonight - we think that it's a turtle.

I asked for more hangers - he brought 15! ;)

Pool towels, schmool towels. We took ours to Labadee today, and he put new ones in the cabin while we were out. None of this "you can only exchange them" chazzerei.

Kids all went to bed on time tonight - they were out roaming around after curfew last night.

Too crowded in the pub for us to go in and participate in the fun.

Celia, Giovanni at the Schooner Bar told me that Angelo is in the Promenade Bar now, so I'll go look for him tomorrow.

Does anyone know the best place to buy booze in Ocho Rios? Dang store on board has NO JACK DANIELS!!!!!!! :eek:

Do they have a liars club show?

They haven't yet, but I haven't read or heard anything about it.

I *do* know that they are running around like little hamsters in the wheel, working on ensuring our continued amusement and entertainment for 46 days. Frankly, I think that they are TERRIFIED that some 1,100 of us will be there for the full ride! ;)

I know that I have been neglecting you guys and this thread, but tomorrow when we are in Jamaica (Ocho Rios), I'll find an internet café and catch up (ketchup), I promise.

Melissa, the LA, is PERFECT - the best I have ever encountered. She gave a speech at the general C&A party tonight that was actually worth listening to.

Make A Wish Foundation auctioned off ship-based goodies tonight, and raised many thousands of dollars on bridge tours, galley tours, and CD-led behind-the-scenes tour and an ENGINE ROOM tour.

I love our cabin steward Catur. He made a NEW towel animal tonight - we think that it's a turtle.

Pool towels, schmool towels. We took ours to Labadee today, and he put new ones in the cabin while we were out. None of this "you can only exchange them" chazzerei.

Kids all went to bed on time tonight - they were out roaming around after curfew last night.

Celia, Giovanni at the Schooner Bar told me that Angelo is in the Promenade Bar now, so I'll go look for him tomorrow.

Does anyone know the best place to buy booze in Ocho Rios? Dang store on board has NO JACK DANIELS!!!!!!! :eek:

THANKS for the report. You are doing a great job. It is very nice to get the very latest on what is going on prior to our arrival on Sunday.

WTZ!!! Okay somebody's got to come to Carol's rescue on this. Either give her the name of a store or bring her some rations on Sunday.:p

HAHA - luv your comment about the purser's desk folks. It seems like that would help them on MOST cruises...there is always one snooty person at the purser's desk.

Try Lot 6, Fisherman's Point Road (close to the pier, opposite Fisherman's Point Resort). Seow Edward & Sons Ltd, 32 Main St, Shop 3 80 Main St.

Try Lot 6, Fisherman's Point Road (close to the pier, opposite Fisherman's Point Resort). Seow Edward & Sons Ltd, 32 Main St, Shop 3 80 Main St.

Carol, If all else fails I will bring one with us when we get on. Just let me know . Woody

Carol(e) you made it! I've been wondering and hoping you would do a live post since we talked about this trip on the Jewel last January. I am so glad you will take the time to share your experience with us! I'll shall be a loyal reader. Carol(e)

Hey, it's great to hear from you, Carole! I wish that you two were on this cruise - good times!!!! ;)

Carol,

I look forward to reading your posts every day.:)

Take good care of the Mariner as we'll be on her Feb 22 for the Inaugural sailing out of LA. :)

Have a great cruise!!:)

Oh, c'mon, Nancy - you KNOW that you want to join us starting on January 4th!!!!!

champdds - Dave - As best I can determine looking at various sites showing open cabins, it's about 90% full with 150 or so cabins available on each leg. RCI just did a second round of D+ upgrades for both the 2nd and 3rd legs. When you factor in the airfare, I doubt if they sell anymore to North Americans. Plus the need for a Brazil visa the first two legs that takes at least 5 to 10 business days.

Even the LA, Melissa, made a comment about how many empty/open cabins there are. They are using some to store all the "stuff" they are piling up for US. ;) :D

How do you pack for 53 days? Is there self serve laundry on broad or do you use the service? How many formal days are there?

curious

Thanks Brenda

Peoria, AZ

I think I'd have to know what the weather predictions are first. There are several climate conditions to pack for on this type of trip!

Pack as little as you possibly can and use laundry services as you go.

Formal nights, I think I'd rotate 3-4 dresses, more than that would be overkill. Plus, no one is going to remember all that well what you wore 2 or 3 weeks ago to dinner :)

Unfortunately............Paul is correct about the first leg.........and it would probably include the second leg........as it starts from Brazil

But the third leg........plenty of cabins.......no visas.....just get a Yellow Fever injection........and have it recorded on any form........preferrably the International Certificate of Vaccination......form.

Check with Copa........and Air Linguis........0h wait......that out of England......Lan Air.........is the correct airline.

I got a seat for $713.00 from LA to Santiago........one way.

Imagine...........sailing into Los Angeles harbor.........as the first on a new ship.......you will have been there before the pre inaugural.........and the inaguaral.

Rick

At the Crown & Anchor Welcome Back party last night in the Lotus Lounge, Captain Johnny specifically mentioned the fact that he will have to BACK the Mariner down the channel 1.7 nautical miles to its berth in San Pedro!

He told us how he trained to do it at STAR on the simulator.

Rick - we're on the Radiance Santiago to LA in April and have been told we don't need the Yellow Fever shot. If so we'll get it but if not I'd rather not. Please enlighten me as to what you know.

Also wondering about the Mariner pre-inaugural festivities???? The board is pretty quiet about anything that's happening. We're really looking forward to Mariner's arrival in LA and will definitely be sailing on her soon.

Does your itinerary take you to Costa Rica? That's the country that wants to see *our* proof of vaccination, because of where we are visiting before reaching CR.

OK. I am now back from my research. Of course the price depends on the year. The year 2000 is about one hundred and sixty dollars through an internet web site. I do not know what RCCL will charge but anything from one hundred to one hundred and twenty five dollars would be good. Save some for me. Ha Ha

$189 less 30% is...........$132.30 + 15% gratuity..................

$189 less 30% is...........$132.30 + 15% gratuity..................

I mentioned that it was $130 something at Sam's the other day, didn't I? Proving again that some high end offerings are actually reasonable on the wine list when compared to Beringer White Zin.

jc

Archived