LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

As I previously wrote, we stayed on board all day, with Liz arising from her bed around 3 P.M. :eek::rolleyes:;)

This was a very eventful evening.

At 5 P.M., we attended the ice show, Ice Under The Big Top. It was a circus-themed ice show.

OMG! This was utterly fabulous. The costumes, the sets, the choreography, the skating..........absolutely the best I have seen. I wanted to go see it again, and then I remembered: I WILL!!!!!!! ;)

7:45 - P/D/D+ party. The usual - open bar (although the push whatever they have on the tray - they'll still get anything). Hot & cold hors d'oeuvres, brief speeches. Live band, dancing.

Dinner was the weakest so far, I thought. Perhaps it was just my selections, but it was fortunate that I wasn't all that hungry.

The "panko-crusted somethingorother cod" was the chef's selection, so I selected it. Feh. Not worth eating. Not poisonous or anything, just not good.

Edison brought out coffee ice cream at dessert time again.....how can I refuse, when he is going to so much trouble for me?

Then the big climactic event: The Nelson Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!

YUM YUM YUM

I could eat these guys up with a spoon.

The show is a tribute to their father, Rick(y) Nelson. They play a couple of their own songs from their rock days in the 90's, but mostly they play the golden oldies. They show clips from Ozzie & Harriet, and from interviews about their father.

Their own songs were VERY good. They sang After The Rain and Just Once More. That second one is a real tear-wringer.

Afterwards, they sold CDs and autographed them, and posed for pictures.

These guys were the very definition of "gracious". They posed and posed and posed and answered question after question after question.

Since my daughter bought the CD and they posed for a picture with her, I asked them if they were staying on, or leaving and coming back for the next cruise.

THEY ARE STAYING ON!!!! I can't wait to "run into them" around the ship!

Their sister Tracy was here and sitting in the theatre audience, and they introduced her and put the spotlight on her and she waved.

All in all, a very satisfactory SECOND half of the day!

I KNEW I'd have pages to read!!!!

We LOVE the Nelsons!!! We constantly had them on our TV on our last cruise. Apparently they were on the Liberty a few cruises before us. There were no CD's left so we ordered them when we got home!

Well, I still have to go back and read a few more pages!!

Tried to get on the Radisson web cam, and it is not working. BooHoo.................

I wanted to see her one last time.

I know, I tried Radisson's, Krooz-cam, and PC's cam, none are working...double Boo Hoo

Skyking, thanks for correcting my post, I didn't know since I'm not on her! Anyway, thank you, I like to have correct info posted!

O started reading this thread this morning when ti only had about 27 pages, when I finished reading it there was 29 pages...

Congrats on your RFS upgrade I wish I were there sounds like a fabulous time

I have read many of your posts over the past years but this one Im glue to.

we will be taking our first Mariner crusie January 2010 with my mom, step father, and their friend.

We will be on the hump in cabin 7616 and the other three will be in 7610 as when we were on the voyager DH kept saying no more of these huge ships as he was always lost finding our room, we took our first hump cabin Sept 08 to Alaska on the Serende,

loved it and being on the hump near the Library he shoul have no problem finding our room

Wow I soo wish I was there

where s my credit card ............

We were in 7610 in June 08.

We were in 7610 in June 08.

wow how was it will my mom step dad and Joe their friend be able to see as much as will in the middle of the hump ?

how big is the balcony ? I read that the end of the humps can be larger especially on the radience class but not sure about the voyager class

thanks

do you have any photos

Yep you waisted your time and your money...NO where did it say they were required and RCCL also confirmed many many times that they were not. I am a TA and have a few clients onboard right now, and some even asked to make sure...they were told NOPE..But they all got their Visa's:) So thats good!

From the for what its worth department;

From my Travel DOC's for the 3rd leg; Page 10

Inoculation/Heath

As detailed in our brochure, all guests must ensure they are medically fit for travel.

As such, we remind you to check with your physician at least 4 to 6 weeks before sailing to make sure

you are up to date with any required immunizations or vaccines you may need ( including but not limited to

certification of yellow fever vaccination) to ensure you will be permitted to visit each of the exciting destinations an tours on your itinerary .

For further information you may contact the center for disease control etc. ( Which I did ) etc.

The above it the same exact statement I received from RCCL when I contacted them about the YF shots, I had my TA call while I was sitting there making my last payment and was told YES they are required and I may have to give the yellow fever card upon boarding with my passport but that could change.

From the for what its worth department;

From my Travel DOC's for the 3rd leg; Page 10

Inoculation/Heath

As detailed in our brochure, all guests must ensure they are medically fit for travel.

As such, we remind you to check with your physician at least 4 to 6 weeks before sailing to make sure

you are up to date with any required immunizations or vaccines you may need ( including but not limited to

certification of yellow fever vaccination) to ensure you will be permitted to visit each of the exciting destinations an tours on your itinerary .

For further information you may contact the center for disease control etc. ( Which I did ) etc.

The above it the same exact statement I received from RCCL when I contacted them about the YF shots, I had my TA call while I was sitting there making my last payment and was told YES they are required and I may have to give the yellow fever card upon boarding with my passport but that could change.

deleted by me

wow how was it will my mom step dad and Joe their friend be able to see as much as will in the middle of the hump ?

how big is the balcony ? I read that the end of the humps can be larger especially on the radience class but not sure about the voyager class

thanks

do you have any photos

The hump sticks out further but I don't think that the rooms are larger. I will check my pictures and I will see if I can figured how to post some. There was three of us in the cabin and it was a little crowded when the couch was made into the bed. We thought that the cabin was going to have a pullman bed but it didn't have one just the sofa bed. But hey we managed.

Oh you will be hearing them scream "law suit" before all is said and done. That's what we got on our Splendour cruise.

And to top it off............the group affected booked through a TA who was with them. The TA said that RCI either told them that RCI would take care of the Visa once they were on board.............or RIC said they did not need one!

Yep.........that's the excuse they usually use!

Sadly enough, I know you are right, Patti, and when we don't show them the sympathy they think they deserve, someone will post and tell us that we are mean and unfeeling.:rolleyes:

thanks

do you have any photos

Here are some photos but I don't have any of the balcony.

984624065_CABIN7610.jpg.90e35bbbf073b737e3abd74105b66682.jpg

1277148189_CABIN7610VIEW2.jpg.7d1c47df65e725e41793e1db1b0d570b.jpg

1710459531_ViewFromBalconyleft.jpg.a49e7f611da4675ba56ccd7c4011fe53.jpg

648181459_Viewlookingright.jpg.4ca7c5a5ae4e93e129c6f51eba5b8b07.jpg

Archived