What is your favorite Cruise Destination?

Texas Teen

What's your favorite Destination?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Destination?

• Southern Caribbean
    • Western Caribbean
    • Eastern Caribbean
    • Canada & New E.
    • The Bahamas
    • Europe
    • Mexico
    • Alaska
    • Hawaii
    • South America
    • The ship it's self!
    • Other (please reply)

Yes, I know most of you like Carnival, and I like Royal Caribbean, but we all want a ship that goes to some type of destination, right??

(or am i wrong)

-- Right :) I like Royal and Carnival. Doing carnival this time as the cost was a lot less. love both though

Destination.... favorite would be Barbados, although Antigua was beautiful, but i dont remember much about it. I LOVE the southern Carribean!

Honestly, there are both good and bad things about every port. The only one I'd just as soon skip is Nassau. I've been to the western Caribbean.... Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Progreso. I did excursions in each of them that I loved, so I can't really single one port out as "the best" or "the worst" of those. I've been to the eastern Caribbean.....Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Nassau has nothing to offer me, at least not that I saw. I might have missed something great, but DH and I have no desire to go back there. We had awesome excursions in St. Thomas and St. Maarten....two totally different activities, but we loved both. Then our most recent cruise 2 months ago took us to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, and St. Lucia. Again, we did excursions at each of those islands that made us love them! If I had to pick only one eastern/southern Caribbean island out of those that I have visited, I would choose St. Maarten as my favorite. If I had to pick one out of the western Caribbean ports I've visited, I'd have to go with Cozumel, because there are so many things to do there. I am not a "lay out on the beach all day" or "go to bars and get drunk" type of person. I like to have adventures and do things that also show me the island and its people. :) Also, I look forward to exploring more ports in the future! Next Nov., it will be San Juan, Antigua, & Tortola. :D

Grits: Just wondering what was your favorite thing to do on Cozumel. We have always done Eastern and Southern. Wanted something different so we are doing Exotic Western. Never been to Cozumel and panama and forgot the other one.

I've only been on one cruise so I'll have to say Eastern! LOL But I'd love to cruise in Europe one day...maybe when the kids are teenagers so they can appreciate it more.

We're doing another cruise in a couple of weeks heading for Eastern again....YAY!!!!

Grits: Just wondering what was your favorite thing to do on Cozumel. We have always done Eastern and Southern. Wanted something different so we are doing Exotic Western. Never been to Cozumel and panama and forgot the other one.

Oh gosh. It's hard to pick just one favorite thing I've done on Cozumel! I've been there 5 times and look forward to going 2 more times this spring. I guess I'm going to have to say the underwater scooter was the most amazing thing I have ever done! I suppose if you're a diver, it wouldn't be so great to you, but I am not a diver, and it was awesome to me! You ride your own little "scooter" down to a depth of about 30' and just cruise around, looking at the underwater world with a diver guide to point things out. I can't wait to do that again! I did NOT want my time on the underwater scooter to end!!

Swimming with the dolphins at Cozumel is also a definite "must do" at some point in your life. I've done that twice at Chankanaab and will probably do it again with my friend (who hasn't done it yet) in April. I'd have to use the word "amazing" again to describe swimming with the dolphins! Another time, my DH and I did a Carnival jeep excursion to Punta Sur, at the southern tip of the island. It was one of our very favorite excursions, too! We snorkeled a LONG way that day! :eek: It was a beautiful beach. Also on that excursion, we enjoyed an authentic Mexican lunch at the lighthouse, while we watched a spectacular scene of the waves crashing onto the rocks beside the lighthouse. (no rocks where we snorkeled, farther down the beach)

Another time, we did the Tulum Mayan ruins excursion, which is on the mainland, so we didn't actually get to visit Cozumel that day. We were fascinated with Tulum, and it caused me to become "addicted" to touring Mayan ruins. :o I'd highly recommend any of these excursions. Of course, not everybody likes to do the type of things that we do, but if you have a sense of adventure and like the water or Mayan ruins, you'll love these excursions! :)

I've been to lots of ports (see signature), but nowhere near as many as some of you. I can't pick a favorite yet. If it is warm, has a sandy beach, cool blue water, and something fun to do (and that can include so many things!)...I'm there.

I can say the ports I've seriously considered returning to via a land vacation are (in no particular order) Cozumel, Aruba, Key West, St. Thomas and Grand Cayman. Haven't done it yet, though!

I know this isn't a real port but I just love to go to Half Moon Cay. The water and beach was just beautiful. You can rent a foam mat and just float in the water all day. When you eat lunch just bring some bread with you and you will have fish jumping in your arms. We stayed in the water until the very last tendered left to go back to the ship. I keep looking for itineraries that go to the private islands. Grand Cayman and St Thomas are also great islands. Any place that is warm and not the 20 degree weather is a great port for me.

Archived