No Cabin yet!..Let's all have a guess!!!...LOL...

S&D

Ok - CRUISE CRITTERS!!!....

We are on the Diamond in Feb - to NZ - 2 weeker....we are Platinum cruisers, and always pick a cabin as we book..BUT NOT THIS TIME, we went for a cheaper inside guarantee ..:)...we booked this cruise a couple of months ago...

We booked with our 6 friends, all the same - guarantee inside...4 of them had their cabins within a couple of days... and went from M guarantee to I on Aloha aft, a GREAT possy too!!..love it there... Wonderful upgrade...

The 4 on OUR booking - (us and dear friends)...still have no cabins...

so...

opinions please...

do you think we are going to be....

a)..... sleeping in the lifeboats.....:D

b)...... sharing with our other 4 friends, we would have to sleep upright in their shower!...:eek:...and try not to snore too loud...

c)......stowing away with the luggage....:(

what fun!...we check the personaliser each day.. nothing so far....

S&D

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.0d88c00bf4561e3bd9f730270e78ce3d.jpg

I think it's option 'b' then you can have the bed while your friends are in the shower!

I really hope they are looking at a good upgrade for you which you deserve. Hope you don't have to wait too long to find out. Do you know how full the ship is?

Vera

S&D

Hey Sandra and Dave... a happy new year to you both........ John and I have the same with our Pac Sun cruise to N.Z in 4 weeks........no cabin number...

we check each day but alas nuffink yet.........exciting times.... we figure we will be bow surfing :eek::D:p:D or way out the back in the vibra rooms....:eek: all good fun..............cheers shiona

Thanks Shiona and dear Vera,

well....

we have never had any kind of upgrade, in 7 cruises...but I suppose there is always hope...

as Shiona says

"nuffink yet"...LOL...

Happy new year to you all...!!

S&D:D

0037-0707-0920-3004_TN.jpg.464a3195f5510cc12b4e1a0f84ace8a4.jpg

After 7 cruises I think you deserve an upgrade.;) Have your upgraded friends cruised before? If not, tell them there's been a HUGE mistake and it's meant to be you that should be Aloha deck.........

If they don't wear that, maybe they can shout you Rasberry Fizz's throughout the cruise, lol. :D:D

It's worth a try! Good Luck.

Ella

Woo hoo...

I'll drink to that!!!! Raspberry fizz's all round...:D:D

Yes, one of the couples has cruised Princess once....our other friends about 4 times...

and on our booking - we are 7 times cruisers, with our friends..first timers....

my fingers are getting worn away from checking the personaliser...LOL...

S&D

We are on the Diamond in Feb - to NZ - 2 weeker....we are Platinum cruisers, and always pick a cabin as we book..BUT NOT THIS TIME, we went for a cheaper inside guarantee ..:)...we booked this cruise a couple of months ago...

We booked with our 6 friends, all the same - guarantee inside...4 of them had their cabins within a couple of days... and went from M guarantee to I on Aloha aft, a GREAT possy too!!..love it there... Wonderful upgrade...

The 4 on OUR booking - (us and dear friends)...still have no cabins...

so...

opinions please...

do you think we are going to be....

a)..... sleeping in the lifeboats.....:D

b)...... sharing with our other 4 friends, we would have to sleep upright in their shower!...:eek:...and try not to snore too loud...

c)......stowing away with the luggage....:(

S&D

Maybe they are saving the best empty cabins for the Platinum cruisers :p

Good luck and hope you get a wonderful surprise upgrade :)soon!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts, we will keep fingers crossed that we at least get SOME sort of cabin onboard...:)

Oh well, will check the personaliser again in the morning!!

Will keep you all posted..:)

S&D

hibiscus.gif.f20c4a814992aa832a0bf29fc1053023.gif

Hi Sandra and Dave,

Personally, I think they've reserved you a permanent spot in the spa .. with all extras included ;)

My M guarantee came up with Aloha deck forward - category I within days but still hoping for an upgrade when we get to the OPT on Monday!! (There are still heaps of available balconies)

I will be trying out the acclaimed Raspberry Fizz on sailaway :)

Good luck with your cabin assignment, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Moira :D

Hi Sandra and Dave,

It's great for stress (excitement variety) when you have to check that personaliser each day. Sounds like Princess is still playing at their shuffling game ...perhaps there were a few late cancellations? Then again, the wait could be good news for you.

Anna

S&D.. Z grade for you, down with the fishes, stokers and stewards below the waterline. They might let you drink at the crew bar though, beers for 50 cents! Good luck.

But then you might get a minisuite!

Thanks for the great replies....we would be thrilled if they even emailed and asked us if we wanted an upgrade for a price!!!!..at least we would have a cabin that way..hee hee..

I hate to admit that we do indeed suffer from "CWOOZE ENVY"..when we see people who are offered great upgrades for extra $$$...we would definately

pay the extra and grab it - if it happened.......maybe we will get an offer like that one day..we live in hopes...

S&D

banned.gif.c768f743af29245f27dceb05a3a07b86.gif

Good luck for an upgrade. It amazes me as to how they work out who gets the upgrades as I know we(just like you guys) have NEVER had one:rolleyes:.

Last cruise on the Rhapsody we paid the extra to get the Corner/ Aft(which was sensational) and the girls next door to us got upgraded from an inside deck 3, to aft deck 7:confused::confused:. Though they didn't know about it till they got to the pier.

Good luck anyway, and lets hope the upgrade fairy works her magic for you.

We have had one upgrade in our cruise life, NOT on Princess but on Carnival Spirit, 21 days Hawaii and Alaska in 05. Got upgraded from obstructed view (by lifeboat) cabin to an ocean view. Only time in 10 cruises. NEVER on Princess, anybody out there hear me?

S&D good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

:D:D

3 weeks to go....:)

another week nearer and still no cabin, what a lark!!... oh well, we have made arrangements with our friends to put our luggage in one of their cabins, and we can alternate between napping on their bathroom floor and sleeping - standing upright in the wardrobe!...LOL..

OR....

maybe if we tip the cabin person VERY well....up front...$$$$...they may let us ..."hide and sleep"...in the linen locker in the corridor????? we can only hope...

OR...

we bring on a rubber dinghy in a suitcase....get our friends to throw us a line off the aft, and we can tow along behind the Diamond in our cosy rubber cabin for 2....:eek:

S&D

any other ideas appreciated...

495889363_DANCER11.jpg.754829256919e18717936c570b2811ee.jpg

:D:D

another week nearer and still no cabin, what a lark!!... oh well, we have made arrangements with our friends to put our luggage in one of their cabins, and we can alternate between napping on their bathroom floor and sleeping - standing upright in the wardrobe!...LOL..

OR....

maybe if we tip the cabin person VERY well....up front...$$$$...they may let us ..."hide and sleep"...in the linen locker in the corridor????? we can only hope...

OR...

we bring on a rubber dinghy in a suitcase....get our friends to throw us a line off the aft, and we can tow along behind the Diamond in our cosy rubber cabin for 2....:eek:

S&D

Sandra & Dave, a couple of cruises I have been on we did not get the cabin allocation until we checked in for embarkation on the day. Good things come to those who wait, hope your are lucky!

Sandra so you don't feel victimised....:D;):rolleyes: we are leaving in 19 days and we still don't have a cabin number.......:D i wonder if this is the week they put all the cabin numbers in one hat and the pax names in another and do the draw.....:D cheers Shiona

omg we leave in 19 days and i still haven't unpacked from the December cruise :eek:

OR....

OR...

S&D

Your post cracked me up...too funny :D:D:D. Good luck, I hope you guys get an amazing upgrade.

Hey Shiona,

we thought WE were the only ones who did things like ..NEVER UNPACK.....:eek:...it saves SO much time to keep some things permanently

in the luggage...LOL

:eek::eek:

S&D:eek:

hibiscus.gif.2344e682e486c3c06c4f71f56e1c9870.gif

Sandra we have our official can leave in 5 mins cruise clothes and then we have our lay rags....the only time you can wear something from the cruise case is if you have something better to replace it with.......:):D John tried it once he now knows better...:D:D cheers Shiona

Talk about cabin numbers and packing, unpacking. We have now got an obstructed view cabin on Emerald Deck - 8 on Crown Princess for our B2B cruises in Europe -Britain.

At least if the ship goes down I can smash the window and be first into the lifeboat, sorry tender, which is hanging outside our cabin window!

Best thing is though we have the same cabin number for both cruises, great, no pack/unpack after part 1.

S&D I reckon you are going to get one mother of an upgrade I can feel it in my bones.

John has given up on the cabin number fairy because today the personalizer is broked:( so we can't check .......fank goodness for that, his getting me to check almost hourly was driving me to distraction...... his words of wisdom for today: at least we have one thing to be grateful for and that is we have a SHIP :D:D :rolleyes::D cheers Shiona

Archived