concierge perks?

cruisincorgi

I am booked on the Majesty in March in a superior oceanview cabin. I am thinking of upgrading to a suite. Are there really any good perks with such a cabin? What does the concierge do for you that a latitudes gold concierge doesn't do? Thanks

Concierge basically makes reservations for you. Some people never take advantage of this perk, as you can just call yourself. No idea what the Latitudes Concierge does though.

Remember, that you have to go to a FULL suite, not a mini suite to get access to the Concierge. The mini-suites are really a deluxe balcony.

Concierge basically makes reservations for you. Some people never take advantage of this perk, as you can just call yourself. No idea what the Latitudes Concierge does though.

Remember, that you have to go to a FULL suite, not a mini suite to get access to the Concierge. The mini-suites are really a deluxe balcony.

Let me once again correct mis-information. Anyone can have access to the concierge if they contact them with a request and compensate them properly. It is that concierge service is only "advertised" as a benefit for the Penthouse Suite, and up, type cabins.

I have contacted the concierge on many of our past cruises and have received service without being in a Penthouse Suite. If the Concierge recognizes that a passenger knows what they are there for and also recognizes that the passenger also knows that they will need to tip for service....what Concierge would possibly say "My services are not available to you because you are not in the appropriate type cabin".

Money is money no matter would who dispenses it.

PE

That would explain why those people that are specifically assigned the concierge have trouble getting them. There is often only ONE onboard and luckily hundreds of others do not abuse this.

Yes, they will help you in the name of customer service.

That would explain why those people that are specifically assigned the concierge have trouble getting them. There is often only ONE onboard and luckily hundreds of others do not abuse this.

Yes, they will help you in the name of customer service.

How can you possibly call this abuse. This service is available "on the ship" as it is in most hotels. No where does it say that this service is NOT available to certain passengers.

Penthouse passengers are not "assigned" the concierge as you so incorrectly state. They are offered the service with the words "Butler service and concierge available". They can partake of these services or not as they choose.

I personally believe the few people that complain about the lack of Concierge service are being overly critical if not overly demanding. These people use words like "the concierge did not stop by my cabin everyday to check on me". I have never had anything but exemplary service from any Concierge that I have met on an NCL ship. Yes, they all have different styles in how they accomplish their duties. But, they all seem to accomplish their duties/jobs.

PE

I have contacted the concierge on many of our past cruises and have received service without being in a Penthouse Suite. If the Concierge recognizes that a passenger knows what they are there for and also recognizes that the passenger also knows that they will need to tip for service....what Concierge would possibly say "My services are not available to you because you are not in the appropriate type cabin".

PE

PE, is it possible that all the NCL concierges already know you because you've cruised with them before? Would that be true of every "Tom, Dick or Harry" on the ship?

I asked Alex Forbes on our last cruise, who was seemingly everywhere on that ship, when he got a chance to rest. His reply was "April, when I go on leave."

I have to side with garycarla on this one. If I want concierge service and was not already Gold Latitudes, I would book a full suite. But, that's just me.

We haven't cruised yet as Gold in a non-suite cabin, so I'm not even sure what we'll get on our future cruises (if we don't get an upsell).

PE, is it possible that all the NCL concierges already know you because you've cruised with them before? Would that be true of every "Tom, Dick or Harry" on the ship?

I have to side with garycarla on this one. If I want concierge service and was not already Gold Latitudes, I would book a full suite. But, that's just me.

Firstly, I have met most of the Concierges' for the first time when I requested their services and tipped for said service while not being a Penthouse Suite passenger. So, in your terms I was Tom, Dick, or Harry when I first met them. I made my request for a reservation and tipped immediately. With subsequent requests, I was told to save the tipping for the end of the cruise when I reached for my wallet.

Secondly, you make it sound like Concierge service is an automatic benefit when you reach Gold Latitudes status. I have not read that anywhere except here. And we all no just how accurate some information is here at CC. I don't believe Concierge service is a stated benefit for Platinum Latitudes status either.

PE

After being upgraded on the Pearl to a suite and having the concierge perks I will try to always sail in a suite from now on. However if I were not able to sail in a suite I would not seek out the concierge and use their services, but that's just me. The other perks we got were VIP disembarkation at every port, Priority Tendering, Invitations to a small private cocktail party with the captain, a tour of the bridge and many other things during the course of our cruise. For us the suite perks were wonderful and has us sold on sailing in the suites.

Secondly' date=' you make it sound like Concierge service is an automatic benefit when you reach Gold Latitudes status. I have not read that anywhere except here. And we all no just how accurate some information is here at CC. I don't believe Concierge service is a stated benefit for Platinum Latitudes status either.

PE[/quote']Sorry I made it sound like that, because I have no idea whether it is or isn't a Latitudes benefit. I've read here that some say it is, some say it isn't. The only way I'll know for sure is to ask the concierge about it on our next cruise.

Hmmm...

Any idea why NCL takes the time to include this statement on their website for suites but not for other cabins?

"Butler service and concierge available"

So what about the butler - should he also be available for those who would tip him? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...

Any idea why NCL takes the time to include this statement on their website for suites but not for other cabins?

"Butler service and concierge available"

Yes, available not assigned. I also don't see anything that states you cannot use the Concierge if you are in a different level of cabin.

How long do you want to play your game??? I only have about 100 days until my next cruise where I will probably "abuse" the privilege of Concierge service..:eek:

PE

The orginal information on Platinum level told me that Concierge Service is available. Our last two sails on board the Dawn, we had Concierge attention every day and were greeted at the embarkation with concierge service upon arrrival. Our accommations were BB. I thought that Platinum were entitled. Has that changed?

I kind of have to agree with PE here in that until they tell PE that the Concierge service is not availabe to them, what do they have to lose by trying to get it? Seems to me so far nothing.

It would also seem to me the more word gets out that others can take advantage of the Concierge, etc, the less they will become available to suite guest, who will no doubt start complaining and NCL will be forced to make a decision to either add more Concierges to the mix or state they are only for suite guests. PE, come to think of it..LOL.. you might want to keep this to yourself going forward.

Kind of like those people who were upset about not getting the FSC refunded because they sailed in Dec, not Jan..and they were contacting NCL trying to get this or that.. my thoughts are .. go for it. I think every one should try to get what they want or feel they deserve. It doesn't take anything away from me if they get it. And when it does..ie. Concierge service, I will complain to NCL for allowing the whole ship to use the Concierges service, not the people who are using it. It would be NCL's policy that was causing the problem, not the Pax.

As far as the Lattitudes question, there might be confusion to some degree of getting use of the Concierge vs. getting perks normally reserved for suite guests. ie. On our last cruise on the Pearl, in the VIP lounge when we were waiting to board there was a very nice couple who were allowed access to the VIP suite and to board with the suite guests, but they were not in a suite. They were a specific level of Lattitudes, and I think it was Plat. level, but not for sure.

Archived