Can I bring a bottle on board

spyslick1

I carried 8 bottles of wine on at embarkation. No problems. We have brought bottles of Baileys in our luggage in the past, but we try to be discreet about that. Many of our fellow passengers reported to us (on our recent Panama trip) that they were bringing bottles of liquor on at almost every port on the entire cruise and had no confiscations at all. I think it's up to the security people and probably depends on their mood or possibly orders from up line. Princess seems to have a more relaxed policy than other cruise lines.

Where you can pay for a bottle of for example, rum for in your cabin? We are going on a 30 day "dream trip" and it would be nice to have our own. It appears as though it is not too difficult to bring a bottle.

Yes, but it is only a small 375ml bottle and very expensive.

Go to http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/princess_cellars/index.jsp

And you will see they have Bacardi or Cruzan for $17 a 375ml bottle.

Mike:)

I was on that cruise and we also we allowed to bring our liquor back with us when reboarding in Columbia. We also brought along 2 bottles of rum. We were descreet but we still spent a whole lot of money on the ship.

Welcome to the forums! I have to say I didn't hear about anyone having liquor confiscated during our trip.

We are just off the Emerald. They allowed people to bring all the wine on board they could carry, I think it worked out to one bottle per day each for our friends.

Our group of 11 bought all kinds of booze, even hard liquor at almost every port and none was taken away. Perhaps they were in the Christmas spirit?

Griswalds

Did anyone take a bottle of wine from what they bought on board with them to the Dining Room?

If you bring the whole bottle to the table you'll be charged a corkage fee but if you bring a glass full to the table you can avoid any charges.

Carrying a bottle(s) of liquor through is risky, sometimes they confiscate and sometimes not. In Hawaii recently we, DW and I, had purchased a bottle of wine and two sixpacks of beer and they tried to confiscate one - I walked by anyway and they didn'r arrest me.

DW drinks wine, so we usually buy a box and get wine glasses everyday. She always carries one to dinner.

Ron

If you bring the whole bottle to the table you'll be charged a corkage fee but if you bring a glass full to the table you can avoid any charges.

Also, if you only drink part of the bottle, they will hold the remaining wine for you and it will be waiting for you at your table the next night at dinner. You only pay corkage one time per bottle no matter how many nights it lasts you. This applies to traditional seating - I'm not sure about anytime dining.

Also, if you only drink part of the bottle, they will hold the remaining wine for you and it will be waiting for you at your table the next night at dinner. You only pay corkage one time per bottle no matter how many nights it lasts you. This applies to traditional seating - I'm not sure about anytime dining.

Works the same way with anytime dining as well.

Mike:)

While it true that they will save your unfinished wine for the next evening my intent was to avoid the corkage fee & I don't think they would store my box of wine for subsequent evenings anyway. ;)

While it true that they will save your unfinished wine for the next evening my intent was to avoid the corkage fee & I don't think they would store my box of wine for subsequent evenings anyway. ;)

Personally, I would like to see the waiter bring out your box of wine and serve it with a flourish. Not sure where they would store it by the table during dinner, though--- it would look pretty odd in the wine bucket.

Personally, I would like to see the waiter bring out your box of wine and serve it with a flourish. Not sure where they would store it by the table during dinner, though--- it would look pretty odd in the wine bucket.

They'd probably just throw it on the floor next to the wine bucket. :p

Archived