Flight time from San Juan question

I would definitely not try to make such an early flight. There are too many variables that could cause delays that will make you miss your flight: delays in disembarking from the ship, delays in clearing Customs and Immigration, finding your luggage and getting a cab to the airport, traffic between the pier and the airport, delays at check-in and in the security lines. Even if everything went perfectly, it would be extremely difficult and the stress factor would be extremely high. Check the airline schedules again and pick a later flight.:)

OMG-I have an 11:55 am flight...will I make it?

T

Get the earliest tags possible and you should have no trouble. There are always glitches in the system where the customs computers go down, etc. It happened to us in 2007, but we were still off the ship by 8:30-9 AM. ;)

I always find out how many ships are docking their passengers the same day as us, and if it is a Sunday.

Those two things help to determine just how busy that airport will be.

T

It will be tight. We were off by 9:00 AM in September and were not the first to debark since we were staying in a hotel for another day before flying home. Be sure and get a very early departure tag and don't waste any time. Keep the ship tags on your luggage so that you don't have to put them through the agriculture xray machines at the airport. They require checked luggage to be checked before leaving the island for the mainland but exempt ship pax who just debarked.

T

Absolutely!!!! we have cruised from SJU a few times now and have always been checked in waiting for the flight by 9:00 a.m. That being said, there is always a chance something can alter that but you are very close to the airport. I have heard horror stories about the lines but I think that is late morning to early afternoon as I have never had a problem.

Leave the usda stickers on your luggage and that way you do not have to run them thru that inspection prior to check in.

I have a question please. I am looking to book a cruise for my son and daughter-in-law's honeymoon to be on the July 26th sailing of the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. I am deciding between deck 6 or 7 with a balcony cabin. Does anybody know if either of these decks have obstructed view by lifeboats, or have a suggestion for the best cabin location ? Both are experienced cruisers so front, back, middle is no problem, I just dont want them to have an obstructed view if they can avoid it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived