VIP Check-In

traveltechpro

Okay, Devil's advocate, do whatever the heck you want. Apparently, some sit around and think up ways to get around everything. I have more important things to do in life.

Gee.....how many people book cabins with a past guest to receive past guest prices, then once on board swith:confused:;)

People will do anything to "beat the system" because they think someone is getting something they're not. Grow up. Not sure why some people are so obsessed with getting something they aren't entitled to. No one has ever answered me when I've asked about why have VIP if others think they are entitled? Can someone please answer this question. Or is it just a matter of immaturity and "fairness"? Entitlement will be the downfall of everything we used to hold dear. I know this is just about cruising, but it really invades every aspect of our lives now.

Gee.....how many people book cabins with a past guest to receive past guest prices, then once on board swith:confused:;)

I think you're missing the point others on this board are trying to make. If everyone who is VIP wants to bring "guests" into the VIP check-in, it starts to lose the status of VIP and just becomes another long line! If you want to check in with your non-VIP friends, then go to general check-in with them.

"if"

Isn't that what this thread is about? VIP cruisers wanting to bring there non-VIP friends to VIP check-in with them? I'm cruising in a couple of weeks with 6 other friends who are not VIP-should I feel like it's O.K. to bring all of them to VIP check in with me? I feel that if I want to board with them, I go to general check in with them. Otherwise, I'm adding to clogging the line for other VIP cruisers. The whole idea of VIP check-in is not to have to wait in a long line!

Okay, Devil's advocate, do whatever the heck you want. Apparently, some sit around and think up ways to get around everything. I have more important things to do in life.

You'd think they were giving away cash the way people try to get around this.

I don't need to "sit around" and think it up, it's not very difficult. The same way some people get a better rate for friends and family by putting a past guest or a ss in a cabin so everybody gets that rate. In fact, my PVP suggested that we split guests so everybody got the DP3 rate

I would do that for a friend or family member. If you choose not to, your CHOICE.

Isn't that what this thread is about? VIP cruisers wanting to bring there non-VIP friends to VIP check-in with them? I'm cruising in a couple of weeks with 6 other friends who are not VIP-should I feel like it's O.K. to bring all of them to VIP check in with me? I feel that if I want to board with them, I go to general check in with them. Otherwise, I'm adding to clogging the line for other VIP cruisers. The whole idea of VIP check-in is not to have to wait in a long line!

The OP wanted to know if a few of their non VIP friends would be able to check in with them in the VIP line......

And from my experience the honest answer is yes......

What you do is your business......

Kurbanfan, please quit pulling individual words out of posts. That's the second single word you've taken totally out of context. Feeling snarky?

It was not out of context......I was agreeing with her.......i.e. "IF"

The word if is nothing more then an assumption;) I admit I am guilty of assumptions myself........

Not being snarky just being brutally honest.........

We are Platinum this cruise and getting a Cat 11 because it is our 5th anniversary (we got married on the Glory the same day this one is leaving).

We always travel with my brother and sister in law and our 2 best friends (they are not Platinum nor have a suite).

We thought about asking if they could get priority boarding with us but changed our minds. We figured that if everyone did this, the priority boarding line would be just as long as the regular line. We talked to our traveling companions and they agree wholeheartedly.

Just wondering, if you ALWAYS travel with them, wouldn't they be Platinum by now, too? :)

Just trying to be funny, that's all!

I'm going on my first cruise in three weeks, and I'm in a suite, so I'm looking forward to finding out what this VIP boarding is all about!

Just wondering, if you ALWAYS travel with them, wouldn't they be Platinum by now, too? :)

Just trying to be funny, that's all!

I'm going on my first cruise in three weeks, and I'm in a suite, so I'm looking forward to finding out what this VIP boarding is all about!

We went on one cruise with the kids that my brother didn't go on.

We went on another while our best friends went to Hawaii to see their son in the Marines.

I do believe we will all be Platinum next January.

A practical, non-emotional answer to the OP's question. DEPENDING ON THE PORT, like Miami, the VIP check in and credentials are in a separate area from the regular check in. If you bring non VIP's with you to be checked in the clerk will have to go across the terminal and look for their S&S cards. Hardly courteous to hold up the procedure since your friends can meet back with you MINUTES later. [Children of VIP's will be linked with them and get VIP check in]

Dan

It's really not a big deal. Especially since they let the VIP's bring non-VIP's with them.

I don't know why some people have a problem with friends traveling together..some VIP others not, and going all "hall monitor" on them.

It's no skin off my nose and it's just manners to allow groups to stay together.

I'd feel happy for the group they're in the VIP lounge having a good time..it doesn't take that much longer to check in a group together than a couple-- I like people to be happy. Don't you?

I think Carnival needs another card. Lets say a over 25 cruise card.

I have had a campaign for almost a year now pushing for a Black Elite Card for Milestone Rewards Members. Join the campaign and put it on every comment card!!!! woo hoo

A practical, non-emotional answer to the OP's question. DEPENDING ON THE PORT, like Miami, the VIP check in and credentials are in a separate area from the regular check in. If you bring non VIP's with you to be checked in the clerk will have to go across the terminal and look for their S&S cards. Hardly courteous to hold up the procedure since your friends can meet back with you MINUTES later. [Children of VIP's will be linked with them and get VIP check in]

Dan

That's the answer Dan.

It all depends on the port and where the SS cards are kept.

But for the people saying to the VIP people to go to the main line. The same applies--in reverse. The people in the main line will be made to wait (hundreds, dozens..of them) while the clerk goes up the VIP area. In the VIP area I've rarely seen more than 10 or so people waiting to check in.

And they usually have chairs or sofas..so it's not a big deal to me to wait.

I don't know why some people have a problem with friends traveling together..some VIP others not, and going all "hall monitor" on them.

It's no skin off my nose and it's just manners to allow groups to stay together.

I'd feel happy for the group they're in the VIP lounge having a good time..it doesn't take that much longer to check in a group together than a couple-- I like people to be happy. Don't you?

This has nothing to do with manners. It has everything to do with people getting a benefit that they EARNED. It is not bad manners to have people abide by the rules.

Here is an example that just happened in New Orleans. A group of 15 arrived.

ONE was Platinum and they all herded into the VIP room. It took a good 1/2 hour to check them in because they had not done the Fun Passes. The Carnival Rep had to go to the regular counter and find each individual card. There were at least 6 VIP members that had to sit there for an extra half hour, because these people insisted on using a benefit that they were not entitled to.

Common sense would dictate that you do not separate parents from minor children. They already allow "anyone" in that cabin to do VIP Check In. If Sally, Sue, Joan and Rita are all in the same cabin and only Rita is a Platinum...they ALL check in at the VIP desk. Their blue or gold cards are placed with a rubber band with the Platinum card.

However, when our best friends drove down with us...we were VIP they were not. We parted at Security and met back up on the ship. They were adults...and they acted like it!!

IF staying together is sooo important....VIP members always have the option of joining the rest of their crew after they have gotten their Sail and Sign card to walk on the ship together.

Also....some ports won't do it ....period.

I sat in the Miami VIP room and watched them turn away person after person who wanted their friend or two or 6 to check in with them. The answer was no.

It is already a complicated enough process without creating even more chaos just because someone wants to show off in front of their friends.

Actually this is nothing new and goes on more then people know. If you didn't read it on here you would not even notice.....

Before we were VIP's back before I even joined cc, we had the opportunity a few times to board with our VIP friends........

We have a friend who works for Corona and he has snuck us through the back door of several backstage parties at concerts (and still does) with his VIP status.........if it wasn't for those opportunities we would never had gotten to meet many artists, gotten autographed pictures and cd's, free beer, food...etc....

I don't regret it one bit:D

Life is waaay too short for me to complain that the person in front of me in the VIP line has 2 non VIP's;) JMHO!!!

That's the answer Dan.

It all depends on the port and where the SS cards are kept.

But for the people saying to the VIP people to go to the main line. The same applies--in reverse. The people in the main line will be made to wait (hundreds, dozens..of them) while the clerk goes up the VIP area. In the VIP area I've rarely seen more than 10 or so people waiting to check in.

And they usually have chairs or sofas..so it's not a big deal to me to wait.

Very good point made. The VIP cards are in the VIP room so people should check in where there cards are being held for them.

Much ado about nothing people;) I sailed on the Fantasy in December 08 and did not have VIP check-in. We did not have to stand in line at all, just got there early and walked right up to the desk. My DH and I are booked on the same ship in May along with my DS and his wife. We have VIP boarding since we are in a suite and my son and wife are in an inside room. I was thinking of just skipping the VIP boarding and just check-in with my son. I really can't see what the advantage is for VIP boarding. They did call VIP passengers first when we went to get on the ship, but I think we all were on the ship within 20 minutes anyway. Maybe I am missing something. Enlighten me.

Much ado about nothing people;) I sailed on the Fantasy in December 08 and did not have VIP check-in. We did not have to stand in line at all, just got there early and walked right up to the desk. My DH and I are booked on the same ship in May along with my DS and his wife. We have VIP boarding since we are in a suite and my son and wife are in an inside room. I was thinking of just skipping the VIP boarding and just check-in with my son. I really can't see what the advantage is for VIP boarding. They did call VIP passengers first when we went to get on the ship, but I think we all were on the ship within 20 minutes anyway. Maybe I am missing something. Enlighten me.

It depends upon the port-some ports are very easy and some seem to have long lines and less experienced check-in. We've had really fast and easy check-ins and other times, waited and waited in a long line. Most importantly, as a poster pointed out on this board, now that you fill out a fun pass, your s&s card will be in the area your're suppose to check in. So, if you're VIP, your card will be in the VIP area. I had thought of doing the same thing as you on our next cruise as we are cruising with 6 friends that aren't platinum and I was going to check in with them, but now I will go to the VIP area as that is where our card will be. The reason we all wanted to check in together is so we can all have our picture taken together when we board. We'll just wait for them after checking in and all walk on together.

Archived