No Longer Do Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea

katiecat

Sorry to hear that Katiecat...I know you were looking forward to it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they couldn't go to Nevis? Have you found any private operators that might take you on something similiar? Worth a try. Good luck and see you soon! :)

I just booked this the other night for our cruise in february...Can i ask how you found this out? Was this for a carnival cruise? If so the website is still showing it as a 6 hour excursion.

It is still showing as available for the January 24th sailing as well so I am assuming Katiecat called after trying to book it online.

Might be a good idea to call Carnival and check on your exsisting booking.

It is still showing as available for the January 24th sailing as well so I am assuming Katiecat called after trying to book it online.

Might be a good idea to call Carnival and check on your exsisting booking.

Im going to call them because i was charged 244.00 for 2 people and if they are changing it i want my money back..this is our anniversary present. (happens to be right on our anniversary)Thank you for the info...I will let you know what i find out.

I was just ready to book this exciting tour and they changed it! It's now a 3.5 hour tour sail & snorkel for $85 and rum punch is served after snorkeling. I'm very disappointed!:(

Just curious where you found the information about the change. Our cruiseline still lists this as being much longer and including a beach break and lunch.

I was just ready to book this exciting tour and they changed it! It's now a 3.5 hour tour sail & snorkel for $85 and rum punch is served after snorkeling. I'm very disappointed!:(

I made a mistake!!! I must of been on the wrong island! Sorry, I was so disappointed but now after reading your reviews. I'm again, going to try to book on-line!

• 2 weeks later...

They (Carnival) haven't released the tours for our Victory sail in March for St Kitts yet. Maybe they are looking at making changes...which would be a shame!! We took this tour last year on our Miracle cruise and it was FANTASTIC! I could see a change happening if they consistently got back to ship late. We were the last ones to board from our tour and they were waiting on us.

For those who haven't been and are going you will really like this one...the crew we had was great and Nevis beach is a beautiful spot. They sail out on 2 Cats so try to get onto the larger one.

Hi all! I was just looking at this tour for our cruise in May. Sounds wonderful, just wondering if it only goes to a Nevis beach or does it stop at a St. Kitts beach also? This may sound funny but I collect beach sand from every port I visit and would like to be able to get some from both St. Kitts and Nevis if possible. Can anyone who has been on this tour give any specifics of how the day went? Much appreciated! :)

Also, does anyone know if there was hurricane damage to Nevis last year? Trying to find current info on Chevy's, the beach bar at Pinney's. Thanks!

We are on Celebrity's Solstice in April, and this snorkel cruise has been modified to a beach in St Kitts, I believe it is Cockleshell. Nevis sustained damage to their beaches in the last hurricane. This is the last thing I have heard.

In any event - there is just one beach stop. Appears for now this is a beach on St. Kitts and it used to be Pinney's Beach on Nevis. I don't know if or when it might return there. The snorkeling stop is normally off of a rocky shore and not near a beach.

Nevis was "closed" due to hurricane damage when we went in Dec. Used Cockleshell Beach. We were on the larger cat, and had plenty of room. The Carnival Victory passengers were on the smaller cat. We sailed about 1/2 hour around the coast of St. Kitts (look for the goats on the mountainside - too cool!) then snorkled in a kind of cove (no beach) for 1/2 hour, had lunch on board, sailed a bit more, spent about 45 min. on Cockleshell, then sailed about 45 min. back to pier. I would do this excursion again - crew was fantastic, music and food homemade and really good, rum punch great, and all the beer and soda you wanted.

• 2 months later...
I did this tour 2 weeks ago. it was fun but no Nevis due to the latest hurricane. food was good.

Well I was considering this tour for our upcoming Victory cruise. No Nevis - Victory passengers on the smaller catamaran? I may try something else.

BTW ellbon, I'm from Asheville too!!!

I emailed Carnival shore ex. about this and they told me it does indeed no longer stop at Nevis, but is still 6 hours long, it just sails past Nevis and the beach time is spent at an unspecified "other" beach on the SE coast of St. Kitts. They updated their description on their website to properly describe the excursion now. Food is served on the boat or on the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise and did this excursion on 3/31/09. We had a great time and really enjoyed the trip despite the fact that it did not stop at Nevis and that the Catamaran was a bit more crowded than on 2 of the 3 times we'd done the excursion before.

We did enjoy the trip a little more when it went to Nevis - mostly because we enjoyed having lunch in the little grove area off the beach they used there more than lunch on the boat. Also just liked the idea of going to Nevis. But the lunch was just as good on the boat as off. And we thought that Cockleshell Beach was as nice, or nicer, than the beach on Nevis. On our stop there it was pretty. It is not as deserted as the beach on Nevis but it was far from crowded. The crew set up a free bar on an area of the beach a little bit down from the Reggae beach bar. You were free to head over to the Reggae bar but had to pay for drinks there if you wanted any. While the beach on Nevis was prettier years ago on our last few trips there the palms had lost their leave due to some sort of tree disease or tree parasites and while it was nice it wasn't the same as it had been 5 years ago. The crew indicated they hoped to resume full use of that area in a year or so.

I wouldn't hesitate to take this excursion based on the fact that they aren't going to Nevis these days, you'll miss very little and if you haven't done the excursion before you wouldn't think you were missing anything and would have an equally great time.

Do be aware that this is a ship's excursion on a fairly large catamaran. There could be a fair number of people on board. While there were plenty of places to sit and spread out, some would consider it a bit crowded although I've been on catamarans which were much more crowded than this. We traveled with several cruise friends some of which didn't like it due to the crowds and some of which liked the trip even more than us.

• 4 weeks later...
Well I was considering this tour for our upcoming Victory cruise. No Nevis - Victory passengers on the smaller catamaran? I may try something else.

BTW ellbon, I'm from Asheville too!!!

my home is in Fletcher off of Mills gap RD. I am in town all the time. Love hanging out and I volunteer in town too.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did the Fan-Ta-Sea on 5/16 and can confirm that yes, it still is a full day trip, yes, you will still get enough rum to be completely hammered if you don't watch yourself, and no, they are not going to Nevis yet. For us we snorkeled first, ate on the boat at the snorkel spot, then went to Cockleshell. They brought the rum on the beach, we spent about an hour or so there, then sailed over near Nevis to hear a little bit about it, then sailed back. You're on the catamaran for a good long time. Half of our passengers were totally wasted before we even left Cockleshell!

One note that was a slight disappointment for me - there are nets on the front of the boat, and we sat on them the whole time and were bone dry. We had been on a (far smaller) catamaran before that got us completely soaked and loved it, and were hoping for something similar here. Of course, the excursion was still wonderful, I just would have liked some waves in my face. :)

my home is in Fletcher off of Mills gap RD. I am in town all the time. Love hanging out and I volunteer in town too.

Well I hate to hijack a thread but I drive the full legnth of Mill's Gap Road every day on my way to work (behind Steelcase). Small world huh?

Just to keep it real, I'm glad you had a good time Josh. I'm sorry we missed you guys at Cockleshell Beach. You should've seen Scubajimmy. He was wonderful with the children on the beach. He caught a starfish and was showing it to them. He's party hearty but yet a really sweet guy. Did you see the pig and the goat and the monkey?!?!

Well I hate to hijack a thread but I drive the full legnth of Mill's Gap Road every day on my way to work (behind Steelcase). Small world huh?

Just to keep it real, I'm glad you had a good time Josh. I'm sorry we missed you guys at Cockleshell Beach. You should've seen Scubajimmy. He was wonderful with the children on the beach. He caught a starfish and was showing it to them. He's party hearty but yet a really sweet guy. Did you see the pig and the goat and the monkey?!?!

Saw the goat, saw the monkey, missed the pig. Given the size of him in your pictures, I don't know how I managed to do that! But I'm glad the Fan-Ta-Sea trip went to Cockleshell to see what the draw was there.

Archived