Sabatini's or Crown Grill on Crown Princess?

mabell2

I haven't been to Sabatini's (that will change in a little over 3 weeks) but it can be quite long, 2-3 hours long. Depending on the kids and the antsyness factor, if that is an issue you might want to pick accordingly.

Thanks, I think the kids would like Crown Grill better in any case (I might too!!!). But we'll give Sabatini's a shot without the kids. The draw to it may not be as strong to me because I can go to Boston or Providence very easily for great Italian food.

If you could only go to one speciality restaurant would it be Sabatini's or The Crown Grill?

iF YOU HAVE GOOD STEAK HOUSES AND GREAT RESTAURANTS NEAR YOU--THE go to Sabatinis--not something you'd do often but different--we've done it about a dozen times--sure that's probably it--not because the food is wonderful--just a different thing to do for dinner--especially if there's no show you want to see--We LOVE the Crown Grill, also.

Speaking of the Crown--the best lobster/steak including the Crown Grill is the UBD--best on the ship--but not always the best on other ships--depends on where their meat and seafood comes from

HAVE FUN--whatever you do

Nancy:D

The Crown Grill ($25pp), You can order filet mignon seasoned with rock salt, rack of lamb, Mediterranean lobster cakes, sea scallops with foie gras, and black-and-blue onion soup made with Jack Daniels. Hearty side dishes include sautéed wild mushrooms, garlic-and-herb French fries, and scalloped potatoes.

You will need to pay $9 pp extra for lobster. :rolleyes:

Sabatini's, $20pp service charge

You'll feast on air-dried beef, white-bean and Parmesan soup, and roasted chicken, to give you just a few examples. You only need to order a main course.

Waiters will bring bite-sized samplers of everything else on the menu, from appetizers, to salad and soup, to pasta and pizza, and then a hot entree.

So can we bring a 7 year old to the Crown Grill if he is well behaved. I know on RCCL, kids must be at least 12 years old.

We'll be taking our 8 year old to the Crown Grill this summer. She's already been to Sterling Steakhouse on both the Diamond Princess (age 6) and Golden Princess (age 7). Filet mignon and french fries is her favorite dinner in the world. We won't take her to Sabatini's but she would hate to miss out on the Crown Grill.

--Junglejane

If you could only go to one speciality restaurant would it be Sabatini's or The Crown Grill?

For us it would be the Crown Grill - what an amazing experience with my mom, dad and wife, I finally got to treat my parents to a good meal and thank them (just a little bit) for everything they did for me while I was growing up...it was special to us and my dad talks about it every time I talk to him (more about when are we going again :D)

We ended up knowing the F and B manager and we received the royal treatment BIG TIME.

We took our 5 year old granddaughter to Sabatini's. She ate some of the courses put in front of her but before the main course she was missing her kids club so Mom took her up there between courses. They catered to her and made her feel so special. And since she did not make it to the main course they did not charge for her at all.

Archived