Star Princess - did I make a mistake?

abbydancer2003

Last summer, we booked a 16 night cruise on the Star Princess (2010). A couple of months ago, we booked a coastal (actually 2) on her in 2009. Now I'm getting a bit nervous. What if on the Coastal, I decide I hate the ship?

I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that I didn't make a mistake by book the Star. (Not that there was much of a choice on which ship for the 2010 cruise).

To be fair, we did a coastal on the Dawn in 2006, and found it small and crowded. I was a bit concerned there too, because we had Alaska 2007 booked on her as well. We did end up having a great time on that trip, and the ship didn't feel as cramped as on the coastal, and we had a great time.

By the way, we've been on the Dawn, Island, Sapphire and Diamond. Sapphire/Diamond are our favorites.

thanks.

We just did the Star last November, Mexican Riviera and absolutely loved it. We prefer the larger ships. Have done the Dawn and now much prefer being on the Grand Class ships. You will enjoy the International Cafe's cookies (no extra fee), try to get them warm right as they come out of the oven... Loved to watch the street entertainment while munching on one of International Cafe's great salads or sandwich's, also no extra fee. We liked it so well we booked the Star again for April 2010. I am sure you will have no regrets.......

We were on the Star last June 1 to Alaska. Our first Princess cruise after 10 for me and 20 for DH. We loved her. Wonderful staff everywhere. We are booked again to Alaska in September. She is a nice size and a beautiful ship. We are expecting to like her even more since her dry dock. Enjoy your cruise.

Linda

I was on the Star in July 07 for a Baltics cruise and then again last April for Mexico up to Seattle and I had a blast on both trips. I never found the Star to be crowded, as there was ample space for people to spread out. We had an inside cabin, and although a tad small (but it's an inside, you're not going to get a ton of space) we found the layout to be very good for our needs...sleeping and getting ready to go out!

I think you will enjoy it.

Kristi

Last summer, we booked a 16 night cruise on the Star Princess (2010). A couple of months ago, we booked a coastal (actually 2) on her in 2009. Now I'm getting a bit nervous. What if on the Coastal, I decide I hate the ship?

I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that I didn't make a mistake by book the Star. (Not that there was much of a choice on which ship for the 2010 cruise).

Since you will be on the Star in 2009, if you find you do not like it AND it is not after final payment is due for your 2010 cruise, you can cancel the 2010 cruise and get your deposit back.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, for the reassurance. I know that I could cancel but the Star is the only princess ship that does the itinerary.

I have one more question. I just looked at the updated deck plans. The location of the Wheelhouse is different than on the ships I've already been on. It's not clear from the deckplan, but is there a place to dance in there? One of our favorite activities is dancing in the Wheelhouse before or after dinner.

Thanks,

abby

Thanks all, for the reassurance. I know that I could cancel but the Star is the only princess ship that does the itinerary.

I have one more question. I just looked at the updated deck plans. The location of the Wheelhouse is different than on the ships I've already been on. It's not clear from the deckplan, but is there a place to dance in there? One of our favorite activities is dancing in the Wheelhouse before or after dinner.

Thanks,

abby

We spent a month on the Star a few years ago LA to Sydney, and sailed on her again December 2007. Great ship even after a few years break from sailing on her. No complaints at all from us.

Yes, the Star had a small dance floor in the Wheelhouse and live music at certain times. I think you will enjoy it fully.

Archived