LAX airport transportation

YooperGale

Hi,

We ( 4 adults) are arriving at LAX at about 11:30 on Friday March 20th (for a Carnival cruise on the 22nd). Our hotel is the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro.

Should we prebook a transfer from the airport to the hotel?

Is there any noticeable difference between Primetime and Supershuttle?

Thanks,

Gale

I personally think that SuperShuttle is most reliable - and PrimeTime has had reports of van maintenance problems in the past year.

www dot supershuttle dot com

Just make an online reservation, a day or two before your arrival.

This code will give you $3 off online reservations:

UYR59

This code will only work until 3/31/09, but will give you 15% off when you book your reservation online:

SUR08

Thank you, I wrote down the web site and and the coupon codes.

Gale

I personally think that SuperShuttle is most reliable - and PrimeTime has had reports of van maintenance problems in the past year.

UYR59

This code will only work until 3/31/09, but will give you 15% off when you book your reservation online:

SUR08

UYR59

SUR08

Are the codes good for one way or are you required to book RT? Also, do you know if you can you use the codes if you call to get your reservation?

Are the codes good for one way or are you required to book RT? Also, do you know if you can you use the codes if you call to get your reservation?

As far as I know, they can be used for one way...

But they do only work for online reservations, not on the phone...

(I think the reason they give you the discount, is because then "technically" they don't have to pay the person answering the phone to answer your questions, do the "lookup" and make your reservation - so they are saving that money in having to pay a phone person's time).

;)

Actually there was a lot of difference between the private ride when I used the code. I found the best code was the 15%, it ended up giviing 2.40 per person. The $3.00 code only gave $3 for the whole group. I thought about booking each person separately, but used the 15% instead. The private ride would have been an extra $25-$30 aprox. Can't remember exactly.

Actually there was a lot of difference between the private ride when I used the code. I found the best code was the 15%, it ended up giviing 2.40 per person. The $3.00 code only gave $3 for the whole group. I thought about booking each person separately, but used the 15% instead. The private ride would have been an extra $25-$30 aprox. Can't remember exactly.

Yes, and you'll be stuffed into a van with strangers either after waiting for the van to fill. Or your group will be the last to fill the van, and you'll have to fend for yourself for seats.

You're on vacation. Spent a few extra bucks for comfort and group comraderie.

Yes, and you'll be stuffed into a van with strangers either after waiting for the van to fill. Or your group will be the last to fill the van, and you'll have to fend for yourself for seats.

You're on vacation. Spent a few extra bucks for comfort and group comraderie.

Possibly we will be stuffed into the van however, In planning a vacation my budget is not endless. I prefer to choose the things I wish to spend my money on, and an airport shuttle isn't high on my list. I won't go super cheap and end up on a vehicle that is unsafe or filthy, but if the vehicle is in reasonably good condition and I'm not going to be spending 2-3 hours in the vehicle, then I'm willing to save a few dollars and enjoy a nicer meal or do a little something extra elsewhere. It is personal choice and I have read lots of good things about these shuttles. So what if I wait 10 minutes extra and save $30. I just prefer to spend my money in other places.

I ran the numbers and booked tonight with Super Shuttle. 3/21/09 LAX to Crowne Plaza

Super Shuttle

Private Van $84

Shared Van $56

ExecuCar $76

Meet & Greet ExecuCar $83

Primetime - (Note we have used them twice and VERY happy with towncar service)

Private Van $80

Shared Van $64

Go Sedan $75.52 (includes tip) but only up to 3 people (LOVE this service!)

Towncar $84.96

We booked Supper Shuttle Meet & Greet for $78 using coupon code E4CA9, going back to LAX it's Taxi!! Pamperings over. :(

BonVoyage

Dawa

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking about taking the shuttle from LAX to Crowne Plaza San Pedro how many stops are genrally made for that trip? Do they only stop at 2-3 hotels so I would maybe only waste 30 minutes of my time?? Or could there be more of a delay than that? I don't mind waiting a short while, but I would rather spend more money and take a taxi if I am going to be wasting my precious vacation time waiting. Did that make sense??:o

I'm having the same question as basil. There are three of us, and wondering if it would be worth it to get a taxi and save time, or even a limo service. I read on the boards that it can take 2 hours from LAX to San Pedro hotel due to all the stops and waiting for a full van with the super shuttle. That's a lot of time!

I'm having the same question as basil. There are three of us, and wondering if it would be worth it to get a taxi and save time, or even a limo service. I read on the boards that it can take 2 hours from LAX to San Pedro hotel due to all the stops and waiting for a full van with the super shuttle. That's a lot of time!

Our experience has been 45 mins from LAX to the Crowne Plaza in the evening rush hour. With 3 of you at $17 pp you may be close to the cost of a cab...but for the 2 of us the shuttle is the way to go.

By calling Super Shuttle were you able to book just one way from San Pedro (the cruise terminal) to LAX? We get in the late afternoon before we sail and I am not concerned about a slow ride to the Doubletree in San Pedro, but we do need the most efficient way on our rerturn to LAX. Do they charge your credit card before you actualy get the transportation. The sedan for two maximum 3 would work for us, actually there are only 2 of us. Does therir number give you good info aout pick up process? Looking for the best way to get to LAX after our cruise, our flight got canceled and changed to an earlier one, so am researching all options back to LAX for an 11:30am flight.

• 4 months later...
Our experience has been 45 mins from LAX to the Crowne Plaza in the evening rush hour. With 3 of you at $17 pp you may be close to the cost of a cab...but for the 2 of us the shuttle is the way to go.

Does anyone know the approx. cost of a cab for two from LAX to San Pedro??? Doubletree or Crowne Plaza?

We get in late the night prior to our cruise and hate to wait on shuttle after driving and flying all day to get to LAX.

Thanks in advance....

Archived