select pre cruise hotel in Rome

Hi I need help from y'all experienced cruisers. We are on the June 21 Greek Isles cruise which leaves from Rome. We plan to arrive the day before, can anyone suggest a hotel? Does Princess have any that would facilitate transfers to ship? We are booking ourselves this year and need help. What about Venice? We would fly out next day is there a hotel that would be close enough to ship but nice? Thanks, This board was a big help last year on our Baltic cruise.

Lilbit

Have you been to Rome before,if you have a FULL day to see the sights then fine, but if you are only coming in late the day before I would consider booking a hotel in Civitavechia.

We are staying in the Triaino and they have a free shuttle to the ship on the morning of the cruise.

They will also organise airport pick up for 110 euros for 2 people in a car, which is the going rate

Usually flights into rome arrive early....stay in rome.....Santa Chiara or Genio both in great locations for sightseeing for the day. Head to port the next day either by train or car service. If you have never been to Rome spend the day there. In Venice, also, if you have never been, stay the extra day, there are plenty of hotels near the train station so you won't have to go far with your luggage from the ship.

I went on this cruise last year on the emerald it was awesome..

I put together a tour and got other cruisers from here in rome. The tour was better than any other tour anyone took i heard. he can take up to 18 people .. he also does tours in florence as well.. if anyone wants to take control you can go to his website...******************************* ..

His name is marizo and the guide was great too. you get a driver and a guide. you won't be sorry.

Just like to pass this info around because it was so great.

have a great cruise all..

We flew into Rome and stayed 2 nights precruise. But, do to connections our flight DID NOT arrive early - arriving instead around 6 pm-ish. But this did allow us to get a good nights sleep before a FULL day of sightseeing the next day. Then on the 3rd day we had to check out by 11 and had arranged a ride with other cc'ers and were picked up shortly after that to head to the port.

But...... we did stay in a wonderful hotel near the Spanish Steps and other sights. Check out www.hotelmozart.com

Also - go to venere.com and you can search a bunch of ways to find the perfect one :D Then go to tripadvisor.com and read the reviews. Good combination.

Usually hotels thru the cruiseline are much more $$$$.

Can't help with Venice.

Pre-cruise we stayed by the Pantheon at the Albergo Del Senato hotel. We absolutely would highly recommend the hotel but even more the area. Its central enough to walk almost anywhere and there is a taxi stand right there with taxis 24/7 for anywhere you dont want to walk to. It is a little pricey but there are some bargin hotels in the area.

The least expensive area to stay is by the Termini but there isn't much of an ambiance and you will have to use mass transit or taxis for most place.

definately stay in rome. though I have not stayed at any of the hotels the others mentioned, I did like the area near the Pantheon. I am also taking a cruise our of Civitavecchia. I have booked 2 nights the ALBERGO DEL SOLE AL PANTHEON (after much much consideration).

As for Venice, there is a very nice little hotel on the grand canal called HOTEL PAGANELLI. It was reasonably priced considering the prime location...

Thanks for the recommendation for the Albergo del Senato as we are booked into it for 2 nights precruise this July. Last time we were in Rome we stayed somewhere else(can't remember the name of the hotel) and it was okay but when we walked around I remember thinking how nice the area around the Pantheon would be to stay in. I agree it is more pricy than other areas but it is so central to everything and the view looks incredible. All reviews I look at were positive ones. I emailed the hotel and they gave me a better rate than any of the websites I looked at.

Archived