S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship- Solstice

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6256

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Never heard anything from the room to the aft. The room to the forward was a different story. It was either a wall issue or more likely a rude/loud neighbor. We were awoken every night when they came in between 3 and 4 am. We could hear them talking and the TV.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – partially obstructed but that only means the lifeboat was under the balcony level. There were no lifeboat supports in the view (like the rooms next to us) and the life boat was not a problem even when sitting on the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal... but great! perfect for coffee in the morning...sigh

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? only small issue was that the TV/remote would freeze sometimes

Any other comments? Close to elevators and stairs. The room attendants, Ramon and his assistant Francis were awesome.

Ship- Solstice

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8288

Class – 11 inside

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – n/a

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no - great

Any other comments? Close to elevators and stairs. The room was laid out very well. Huge for an inside! It had 2 chairs at the end of the bed. Bed was together and there was plenty of room around the bed. Getting in and out of the closet was not a problem at all. The bathroom was the same as in our balcony. Room attendant was awesome, her name was Muriel.

Deck - 6 continental

Cabin # - 6242

Class – C something. Used to be 1A but they downgraded it.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view - small lifeboat obstruction. (meaning the life boat was the small runaround kind not the big lifeboats) Because on back side of hump immediate forward view blocked by other cabins.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - minimally larger than others in class. A small pie shaped wedge larger. Nothing to get excited about.

Was wind a problem? Not at all because on back of hump

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Easy access to elevators. Very nice cabin location. Trundle bed under couch for 4th guest. 15 year old Daughter claimed trundle bed wasn't very comfortable but stewards added more padding to help.

Whew! It is finally done. I have completed the merging of Mysticks last update of the Solstice cabin spreadsheet with my own continuation. This is current through the present date. Please note, Mysticks did not include comments verbatim. In my version, I have added comments as I have input postings as I feel these are interesting, relevant observations.

If you find any errors, please email me at the address below.

A big thanks to "OldmanBob" for taking on the task of converting Mysticks orginal spreadsheet from pdf to Excel.

S-Class Cabins Merged 4-19-2010.pdf

Edited by librarylady19

Thanks, I am glad to be able to give something back to all those who have so kindly shared their advice/experience with me.

In addition to Lois' reminder not to post cabin questions in the sticky thread, I would like to reiterate:

PLEASE include ship name in your posting and complete all questions to make the spreadsheet as comprehensive as possible.

Example follows:

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK (#):

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #:6202

DECK (#):Continental

CLASS: 2D

AREA: near the internet room...Celebrity online and elevators

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET? yes

BALCONY VIEW: situated between 2 big tenders

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Was our first balcony and price was right. We loved it, but sure others would have hated the view.

Whew! It is finally done. I have completed the merging of Mysticks last update of the Solstice cabin spreadsheet with my own continuation. This is current through the present date. Please note, Mysticks did not include comments verbatim. In my version, I have added comments as I have input postings as I feel these are interesting, relevant observations.

A big thanks to "OldmanBob" for taking on the task of converting Mysticks orginal spreadsheet from pdf to Excel.

Thank-you very much! It's was very helpful for our upcoming cruises on the Solstice and Equinox!

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6270

Class – 2C

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – You could hear neighbors next door; always heard neighbors opening and closing doors, i.e. slamming; "creaking" cabin sounds at night; could hear music from Ensemble Lounge on Deck 5 at certain times.

Balcony View - View of tenders was not really an issue. Couldn't see down to water. Something that we weren't prepared for was the lifeboats and Deck 5 were lit at night so you couldn't see the stars, just illuminated orange tenders.

Balcony Size? - Normal, very comfortable size with two adjustable chairs and table.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Thought this was a wonderful location. Would book this category again.

My information didn't make it into the latest list. Here it is again.

This is outstanding; thanks so much. What will you do will all your free time, now?

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2119

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Quiet except for some noise from cafe above. Especially the chairs on the tile floor. 2 cabins forward would be better due to carpet location in cafe.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view. No sun due to the overhang from deck above.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal.

Was wind a problem? No. The hump blocks a great deal of the wind.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? The height of the shower in the shower/tub combination is only about 5"10" from floor of tub the showerhead. The showerhead is mounted on the ceiling and is not moveable. Not very good for tall people. Side of tub is very high. Short or disabled/elderly may have trouble stepping into tub.

Any other comments? Great location to access the rest of the ship. Very large cabin. Would book again without hesitation in spite of the very few negatives.

---

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1023

Class – AquaClass

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet... only noise we ever heard was from outside when the balcony door was open.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view outward and down. No Obstruction at all.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No wind issues

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all.

Any other comments? Balcony divider between 1023 and 1025 did rattle one day. Folded up piece of paper in the lock minimized noise.

Deck -12

Cabin # - 2146

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin – extremely quiet except for noises from above (see below).

Balcony View - stbd aft corner, side view partially obstructed by window washing equipment.

Balcony Size? Very large

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? Directly under the Oceanview restaurants' bar. Very noisy due to chairs being moved/dragged at all hours.

Any other comments? I strongly suggest that you do not book any aft staterooms or suites on deck 12 on Solstice or Equinox. I was informed by the Hotel Manager that they are very aware of the problem and are trying to rectify it and that the problem has been somewhat corrected on Eclipse and hopefully totally fixed on Silhouette

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1233

DECK (#): #10, Sky

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: Slant off the hump, midship, right outside the Library; extremely easy to get to from either bank of midship elevators

BED NEAR: Separate bedroom

QUIET?: Absolutely no noise from the outside despite having a crew closet outside

BALCONY VIEW: Forward

BALCONY SIZE: HUGE!!! Shaped like a trapezoid---measured 16ft x 14ft x 18ft x 9ft (I brought a tape measure); we combined with my parents balcony (Concierge cabin 1231 also on the slant) next door and theirs was 10ft x 11ft x 10ft x 9ft)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: the "barn smell" that was pervasive around the Library (though first time I smelled it was outside the bathroom on the 5th deck midship outside the Specialty Restaurants on Embarkation Day. The smell was present in all decks at different times and primarily around the midship level). Occassionaly can get a whiff of the smell even in the Suite.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1624

DECK (#): #11

CLASS: AQ - Aqua Class

AREA: Right behind the aft hump.

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: If you like to take afternoon naps on sea days this is not the room for you. The bass from the pool band can be heard very clearly in this room.

BALCONY VIEW: Aft

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The stateroom attendant for this room (Jose) is the best stateroom attendant I've ever had. He also takes care of the Royal Suite and Celebrity Suites next door.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1521

DECK (#): #11

CLASS: Aqua Class

AREA: Forward, port side

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Quiet. A little noise from pool deck party one night. Not a problem by any means

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Standard AQ class balcony.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: AQ class has a great shower in the bathroom. Note however it's just a shower, no bath tub. Nice flat screen TV. Stateroom is very near the Relaxation Room.

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 7

Cabin # 7348

Class –

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath; kids slept on pull outs (tight fit when sleeping)but had no issues. Girls are 14 and 12.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. Unobstructed view, but specialty restaurant roof was below our line of sight. Loved the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony

Was wind a problem? No. But we did have a smoker next to us who would use the balcony illegally.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No. Like the small light that stays on in the bathroom during night.

Any other comments? Great choice for a cabin. Easy walk to the aft stairwell. Muster station was Silk Harvest.

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 1200

DECK (#): Sky (10)

CLASS: CC1

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: VERY

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful - view of wake and either side of ship (after passing by, of course).

BALCONY SIZE: SMALL - learned after this cruise it's one of the smallest AFT C1 cabins (same on every level) - we had to move the chair to get in/out of the balcony door

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: While this room does have a nice private "alcove" as it connects with SS next door and entire alcove would be the combo room (and then probably wouldn't be beach towel storage), if you love AFT like I do, I would try to get other AFT cabins with bigger balconies first (we're in #1206 next time)

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 1200

DECK (#): Sky (10)

CLASS: CC1

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: VERY

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful - view of wake and either side of ship (after passing by, of course).

BALCONY SIZE: SMALL - learned after this cruise it's one of the smallest AFT C1 cabins (same on every level) - we had to move the chair to get in/out of the balcony door

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: While this room does have a nice private "alcove" as it connects with SS next door and entire alcove would be the combo room (and then probably wouldn't be beach towel storage), if you love AFT like I do, I would try to get other AFT cabins with bigger balconies first (we're in #1206 next time)

Thanks, we'll be in 1206 on Sunday.

my guess for 6201:

SHIP:Equinox

CABIN #:6201

DECK (#):6

CLASS: 2D

AREA: close to elevators and Celebrity online on port side

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET? yes

BALCONY VIEW: obstructed with large tender

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Cheapest balcony cabin you can get....

These are just a guess....hope it helps