S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

This PDF contains info as of 2/11/09. For those who are posting information, try to complete every question from the list at the beginning of the thread so that I will have complete information on each cabin.

Please do not use this thread to ask about specific cabins or to ask other questions. Please start your own threads to obtain your information. If your cabin isn't listed on the spreadsheet keep checking back as information is added as others return from their cruises and report back.

Solstice Cabin Information.pdf

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 8

Cabin # 8196

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Unobstructed view but lifeboats block view of waves against the hull.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony

Was wind a problem? The wind kept us off the balcony two of three sea days.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? See see signature below for more photos.

Solstice_2009-10.jpg

Solstice_2009-11.jpg

Solstice_2009-13.jpg

This PDF contains info as of 2/11/09. For those who are posting information, try to complete every question from the list at the beginning of the thread so that I will have complete information on each cabin.

Your spreadsheet shows cabins 1023 and 1255 as "Starboard" when they should be "Port." Even numbered cabins are on the starboard side whereas odd numbered cabins are on the port side.

Cabin 1659 shows "aft." While it is "aft" on the ship, it's on the port side. Maybe it should read "port side aft." A few other staterooms show "aft" also, so you might want to clarify.

Your spreadsheet shows cabins 1023 and 1255 as "Starboard" when they should be "Port." Even numbered cabins are on the starboard side whereas odd numbered cabins are on the port side.

Cabin 1659 shows "aft." While it is "aft" on the ship, it's on the port side. Maybe it should read "port side aft." A few other staterooms show "aft" also, so you might want to clarify.

I went back and checked and both of those are reported by CC members as being Starboard. I only type the information that they give. I do not have time to verify every one. I go through the posts and type exactly what is there, it is hard enough to keep up with the information. I will correct those when I update the next time.

I went back and checked and both of those are reported by CC members as being Starboard. I only type the information that they give. I do not have time to verify every one. I go through the posts and type exactly what is there, it is hard enough to keep up with the information. I will correct those when I update the next time.

I realize there are people who don't know the difference between port & starboard -- they feel it is either "left or right" as they face the pointy end of the ship. :)

Nevertheless, I would think you would be happy to have obvious errors pointed out to you so you can maintain an "accurate" database.

Cheers!

• Deck - Penthouse
  • Cabin # - 1526 - handicapped
  • Class – Aqua Class
  • Starboard or Port Side - Starboard
  • Bed near?(balcony or bath) – both - there were two beds
  • Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Relatively quiet; however, at times you could hear noise from the TV in cabin next door
  • Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstruction
  • Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized for class as this is handicapped cabin
  • Was wind a problem? No
  • If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A
  • Any specific problems with this cabin? None noted at time of sailing
  • Any other comments? cabin right at intersection with hallway, no problems there, never saw the folks in the inside cabins, hardly saw folks in hall at all -- oversized compared to other Aquaclass as this is handicapped room, so was wider, bath was bigger.

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1081

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No Obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? Close to forward elevators

Deck - 7 Sunrise

Cabin # - 7340

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quite not connecting, will sleep 3, bed in ceiling.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - Unobstructed, between lifeboats and specialty restaurant.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any other comments? -

Edited by irishgirl

Deck - 7 Sunrise

Cabin # - 7301 &7303

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) 7301-bath. 7303- balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – both quiet cabins, not adjoining but we did open divider between balconies .

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstruction of view- Very good view from both cabins, no lifeboat issues. Could not look straight down to water due to specialty restaraunt roof right below but not a problem. view outward, downward, fore and aft were more than adequate.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -not aft cabins but just 3 away. no soot

Any other comments? - Celebs website and brochure shows 7303 to have a slightly larger balcony, it does not, 7305 would have the slightly larger one.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8334

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet;

Balcony View - 8334 is the last cabin along the side. There is a great view forward. You can see the entire length of the ship towards the bow. There is no view in the stern direction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - The balcony is larger with an angle going from the bow end to the longer side at the stern end (hope that makes sense). Oversized for class with an angled railing; Furniture was two deck chairs and round table. We were able to sit 5 comfortably using room desk chairs.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None we noticed

Any other comments? We like the couch in the room versus two chairs we saw in interior cabins.

Deck - 6 Continental

Cabin # - 6189

Class – 7A obstructed view

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – not connecting, no noise problems. The crew had a lifeboat drill during one port call and you could hear lifeboat being lowered then.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Lifeboat obstruction, but this cabin is located between two lifeboats so you do get a partial downward view. This has a better view than the neighboring cabins. I've attached a photo of the view.

Was wind a problem? Not on normal days. We had some heavy wind days and it could be felt then, but I don't think there was any place outside during these days that you could be blocked from it.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Closet door sometimes stuck, needed to put a little effort into sliding it.

Any other comments? As mentioned above, this is offers one of the better views among the cat.7 obstructed view cabins.

1378203101_sony022rev.jpg.73187f3b8a489833295543ad58432f7c.jpg

Having now completed 2 Solstice cruises, with a stay last week in an INSIDE cabin, I can now offer some advice for anyone booking an inside cabin.

There are basically 2 types of cabins:

1) Those that are the same design and size of the balcony cabins. These are located on Deck 3 and forward of the forward stairwell.

2) Those with a more square design with the desk and dresser unit opposite the bed. There is adequate clearance around the bed and enough room to fully stand in front of the entire closet. These cabins have 2 armchairs instead of a sofa and are located aft of the forward stairwell.

There are a few exceptions. For example I also viewed cabin 1031 and it is type 2. 1035 is type 1, I did not get to see 1032. These same configurations should hold for other decks.

I much prefer Type 2.

Edited by signman

Access to all inside cabins (including deck 3) aft of the forward staiwell is from the starboard hallway.

Those forward of the forward stairwell have doors opening on the port side, and are accessed via an interior corridor doglegged off the main port hallway.

Exception is 1032 and others similarly located. Access on starboard side but not directly opening to main hallway.

We sailed on Feb.1 on the Solstice.

Deck-10

Cabin #-1028 (Wheelchair accessible)

Class-Concierge

Starboard (front)

Bed near-in middle but closer to bath (room for wheelchair to turn near veranda)

Quiet cabin-Yes,however in bathroom we heard voices and coughing coming through vents or drains.

Balcony was large (handicapped cabin is wider.)

Cabin was nice however mobility impaired may find bathroom arrangements are not as good as on Millenium class ships.

Other Comments-As on all of the other 11 ships we have sailed on it doesn't accomplish anything to communicate special cabin needs ahead of time. I believe that they are so rushed to change over for new boarders that they intentionally ignore any non-standard request.

Edited by 3NT

We were in 7295 for a 2 night November sailing of Solstice.

Bed is close to the balcony doors, with the sofa in the middle of the cabin.

Normal size balcony

Nice cabin, no noise from upstairs or below.

We will be in a Forward cabin Family Balcony on the 3/1 sailing I'm hoping to post pics and let you know about that cabin 8108.

Charlie

Sail Date: 12/7/09

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7217

Class – 1A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin quiet. Did not connect.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions; view clear. Straight down, small area to look into water, otherwise downward, you see lifeboats. Not an issue with me.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Angled, oversized balcony. Faces forward. One side was appx 6-7 feet deep, other side appx 7-8 feet deep. I believe this is the next-to-largest size hump balcony.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No.

Any other comments? The balcony faces forward - if someone does not want *any* wind, choose another cabin. Would take this cabin again in a heartbeat. I thought I would prefer the bed by the balcony, but I really liked the openness of the couch by the balcony.

ha - I was thinking the same thing about the Penthouse deck. We're on the March 20/09 sailing, booked in an AQ room -- all of which are on the Penthouse deck. I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has stayed on that floor. If no one has by the time we sail, well...what a way to disappear!

I was thinking the same thing. We just upgraded to Aqua Class 1535, 1533 and 1531 for the April 12th cruise, and I was hoping for some insight. I also wanted to know how people find the Aqua Class experience in general. This is my first post, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Sail Date: 02/08/09

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1643

Class – AquaClass

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin quiet. Did not connect.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions; view clear. Family stayed next door in 1632. We asked the steward to remove the partition between the two balconies. It widened the view of our balcony and made it easier for each of us to visit each others rooms.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Standard. Normal for class

Was wind a problem? No. It was windy on some days that were overcast.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? At first I was confused about the location of the cabin. The number is 1634 and I thought it would be on the 16th floor. It took a moment to realize that the AQ cabins were on the 11th floor. Great cabin steward. I could sometimes hear the people next door when they were on the balcony.

This is a great resource; many thanks for taking on the project.

Those of you posting information: there is no such class as "Concierge" on the Solstice class ships. Rather, there is C1 and C2, and it would be more helpful if you could post the correct class so Donna could enter it correctly in the (hopefully :)) up-to-date spreadsheet. That way people looking for the difference in classes will find what they want more easily. I looked up the already-reported cabins on the deck plans. Here is the correct information for those cabins:

C1: 1046, 1245, 1204, 1659, 9243, 9305, 9380

C2: 1023, 1255, 9259, 9261, 9302

And here's another one to add:

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1075

Class – C1

Quiet Cabin – Not connecting; very quiet

Balcony View - Outstanding

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? No

Lucy" U gost soom esplainin to DOO !

I'm Looking at Celebrity Solstice Class Staterooms Catalogue I've reread my TAs booking itinerary they Both say Celebrity Concierge Class.

I quote " C1 C2* Celebrity Concierge " Class Page 31 (Solstice Cat.)

there better be! thats what my travel Agent sold me. Or is it True the Emperor Truly has no Clothes on :eek: .

Sorry for breaking the thread but this I have to know.

Lucy" U gost soom esplainin to DOO !

I'm Looking at Celebrity Solstice Class Staterooms Catalogue I've reread my TAs booking itinerary they Both say Celebrity Concierge Class.

I quote " C1 C2* Celebrity Concierge " Class Page 31 (Solstice Cat.)

there better be! thats what my travel Agent sold me. Or is it True the Emperor Truly has no Clothes on :eek: .

Sorry for breaking the thread but this I have to know.

It's still Concierge Class. C1 or C2 designates location onboard. C1 being the better locations, I believe.

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7223

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin – very quiet

Balcony View - Outstanding

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No