A Glory Review 1/10-1/17

memphislonghorn

Lol... this is too funny. Yes it IS okay to think what someone does is wrong. I agree (for the 3rd time). And if you think that is the defnition of karma, you should probably do a little research first or pick up a book.

But now that you've brought it up... The one thing I cannot stand about these boards (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE these boards), is that there are so many people that feel it is their anointed responsibility in life to cast judgment on all others. They wait, lurking... waiting for someone to say the wrong thing and then they pounce. I personally don't know which behavior is more repulsive. I mean look at you... you are "flaming" someone who agrees with you because it is not to the nth degree as you deem fit.

I don't know if the poster was joking or serious. The one thing I do know is that I don't "flame people" on message boards in general (personal preference, nothing good comes of it, and rather a waste of my time to be honest). But... since I'm here for the information and reviews, let me go back to my original intent: memphislonghorn, please post more of your review.

On with the lynching....

In general I try not to flame people on message boards, either.:) But when someone brags openly about something that is flat out morally wrong and sees nothing wrong with it, then yes, I will say something. This topic in particular got me - I worked in a hotel years ago and know that the cost of stolen items is huge and that it only serves to raise the price for everyone else. I'm also a Carnival stockholder so any theft that goes on not only affects Carnival's bottom line, but mine as well. People seem to think it's ok if it's not a large $$ amount, but those add up quickly, week after week, ship after ship. You would be amazed at the things people steal from hotels (and I'm sure cruise ships as well)- salt & pepper shakers from restaurants, silverware, towels, hair dryers, pillows - people seem to think they have a right to do anything they want as a paying guest. :mad: I won't even get into the unsanitary things people do that I'm sure they would never consider in their own homes - that's a whole other thread. :eek: All though, come to think of it - I certainly wouldn't want to be ingesting what i thought was liquor from that mini bar and it be something else entirely. Hopefully this was just clean water but it could have been filled with anything or contaminated somehow since it was open.

:oTo my fellow cruisers:

I confess that what i did was wrong. It seemed at the time harmless, I guess I was just not thinking. Needless to say, i wish i hadn't included this incident in my review, but in hindsight, maybe it will make me a better person in thefuture. No, i don't run my life or business this way, and i am ashamed. I have decided that on my next cruise, i will make reparations, though i don't know how just yet.

I have been torched, hanged, and publicly neutered, and i deserve it.

I won't ask your forgiveness, you are not the ones i have wronged. All i ask is that you don't consider me a person of ill repute, just as a stupid yutz who made a VERY BAD decision.

I realize that my reputation and membership in this forum have been severely damaged, possibly a mortal blow, which i self-inflicted.

Therefore i have removed all of my personal info and i will remove myself from any further discussions or membership in this space.

No, i will not re-invent myself to continue posting, although i will retain the right to look in and search for an answer to a question that i might have.

I wish you all well, happy cruising, and hope someone out there learns a lesson from my mistake, as i have learned a BIG one.

Sincerely,

Pete

Very nice. No one is perfect and sometimes we have to make mistakes in order to grow, as long as we learn from those mistakes. I know I ask God daily to help make me a better person, to give me more patience and to make better choices.

Good luck to you in your future decisions.

I too was looking forward to more of the review as I am sailing on the Glory in May. Such a shame someone cannot just tell their story and experiences without those who I am sure have NEVER thrown a stone, :rolleyes:ruin it for the rest of us.

This is a form of bullying if you ask me.

I sure hope others have thick skin and can take the nastiness that plaques these boards at time.

I am all for freedom of speech, but I know when to keep my pie hole shut and take it for what it is worth.

Just my 2 cents:D

I confess that what i did was wrong. It seemed at the time harmless, I guess I was just not thinking. Needless to say, i wish i hadn't included this incident in my review, but in hindsight, maybe it will make me a better person in thefuture. No, i don't run my life or business this way, and i am ashamed. I have decided that on my next cruise, i will make reparations, though i don't know how just yet.

I won't ask your forgiveness, you are not the ones i have wronged. All i ask is that you don't consider me a person of ill repute, just as a stupid yutz who made a VERY BAD decision.

I realize that my reputation and membership in this forum have been severely damaged, possibly a mortal blow, which i self-inflicted.

Therefore i have removed all of my personal info and i will remove myself from any further discussions or membership in this space.

No, i will not re-invent myself to continue posting, although i will retain the right to look in and search for an answer to a question that i might have.

I wish you all well, happy cruising, and hope someone out there learns a lesson from my mistake, as i have learned a BIG one.

Sincerely,

Pete

Thank you for having the guts to come back and apologize. :)

Sincerely,

Pete

I applaud your humility. HOWEVER, with that said, your reputation on this board HAS NOT been dealt a mortal blow, nor does any individual on this board have the right to insinuate it has (no matter how self-righteous they are). If folks abolished themselves when a mistake was made it would be a very lonely and quiet board here. Continue to post... and start with finishing your review. I'm sailing on the Glory very shortly and look forward to it.

Archived