A Glory Review 1/10-1/17

memphislonghorn

Thought I would post a review, after digesting and thinking about my cruise for the past week.

I flew into Orlando from Memphis the night before, and stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham near the airport. They had a free shuttle to/from the airport, which was nice being that I arrived at 11:30 pm. Also a free buffet breakfast the next morning. Nothing major, but enough to get u going for the day. i took the shuttle back over to the airport to catch my Carnival transport to the ship.

I arrived at the terminal about noon. There was no long lines, and no problems, and I was onboard by about 12:30. I carried one bag on with me, and i was able to take it to the cabin right after 1:30, and everything was ready. I was disappointed that the hot tubs were closed, although the pools were open. It was a little on the cool side, so no one was venturing into the pools. I had the usual burgers and fries on Lido deck, and then went to my cabin, #2-257, to unpack. In the middle of unpacking, they announced it was time for muster drill. So I grabbed my lifejacket and up to deck 4 for the drill. My muster station was out on deck, near the lifeboats. It was quick and painless. Then, it was time for fun!

My cabin was an inside, cat 4b. I had a fridge for the first time! Inside was a few colas, a few beers, and little bottles of booze. i "sneaked' the booze, as after i used the little bottles, i refilled them with water and screwed the cap back on.:p Maybe a little dishonest, but my steward didn't catch on, and Carnival won't miss it anyway.

After muster drill i went up to deck 11 to check out the spa. It was really nice, with a steam room, dry sauna, showers, and 2 hot tubs. Also, many workout machines, but i didn't use any of them.

After a steam and a soak in the tub, it was time to get ready for dinner. I ate in the dining room every night, in the Golden dining room, table 157 i think. It was a large table for 8, but only one other solo cruiser and i showed up. I guess the others didn't get into fine dining. I find that the food in the dining room is far superior and is not to be missed. Plus, i don't get to experience that at home, so it is fun for me.

The food was, for the most part, really good. I was disappointed in the lamb chops one night, they tasted good but just a really small portion. So, i asked for, and received a second helping! The lobster was delicious, however small, and the pumpkin soup is delicious. I never thought i would like pumpkin soup, but u gotta try it! Yum. Oh. I was very disappointed in the filet mignon. It was small, overcooked and too fatty. I have gotten much better steaks at Outback. Maybe i should have tried to get another one. The warm chocolate melting cake was good, as usual.

At the table every night was a Coke waiting for me. I bought the soda card for $44, and I figured out that I needed to drink 3 or 4 cokes a day to make it worthwhile. I did that easily, as i am addicted to classic coke (and peanut M&Ms, i might add)! Hey, time for some of those now, and i will write more later.:D

My cabin was an inside, cat 4b. I had a fridge for the first time! Inside was a few colas, a few beers, and little bottles of booze. i "sneaked' the booze, as after i used the little bottles, i refilled them with water and screwed the cap back on.:p Maybe a little dishonest, but my steward didn't catch on, and Carnival won't miss it anyway.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, but as you stated in comment above ,,you said it , prepare to get flamed . I'll sit back and read. BTW that was dis-honest.:D

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, but as you stated in comment above ,,you said it , prepare to get flamed . I'll sit back and read. BTW that was dis-honest.:D

little surprised by that myself....it is something I wouldn't do....and cant beleive he said it....all in all glad you enjoyed your cruise...we loved the glory....paid for alchol and all....

i "sneaked' the booze, as after i used the little bottles, i refilled them with water and screwed the cap back on.:p Maybe a little dishonest, but my steward didn't catch on, :D

Glad you had a nice cruise. Hope you got back to the trailer park safe and sound.

i "sneaked' the booze, as after i used the little bottles, i refilled them with water and screwed the cap back on.:p Maybe a little dishonest, but my steward didn't catch on, and Carnival won't miss it anyway.

No, it's not "maybe" a "little" dishonest, it most definitely is completely dishonest. Did you stop to think of the next passenger that wants vodka or gin and gets water? Or sees that the seal is broken and has to deal with your dishonesty with the steward/pursers desk? I'm surprised you bought a soda card. I mean, you could have found a little kid with a soda card to fetch your sodas for you:rolleyes: As for Carnival not missing it, do you feel the same way in your grocery store when somebody steals a soda, bag of chips, eats a few grapes in the aisle, etc?

Sorry - I've got to agree with the other posters. I was enjoying your review until I got to the mini-bar part. What you did was theft and no better than shoplifting. And not only do things like that add up to where Carnival does miss it -what about the next person who opens that bottle and is charged for it or worse, dumps it into their drink without realizing it's old tap water? Yuck.

There is no such thing as a "little dishonest". It's out and out stealing and as another poster said, you left your crime behind to be dealt with by the next person who wanted to PURCHASE the alcohol. Since when do we have "levels" of dishonesty? Who raised you to think that would be okay? I think those of us that have read so far won't be back to read about what else you stole onboard.

Good Review so far....

When I read the part about the mini bar.... and I saw the ":p".... I assumed it was a joke, and Pete was kidding.....

I certainly hope so!!

Catrin

No flame here - it's your karma, not mine. Please continue the review, I did enjoy the rest....

Really? Is that what you'd say to someone who stole from you? Because when someone steals, everyone pays for it in one way or another. Going on another Carnival cruise? Well, losses are figured into increased prices.

Never said I agreed with it.

Okay, but it IS okay to think what someone does is wrong, especially when it is so blantantly stealing. The whole karma thing really bugs me. It's basically someone's way of saying they dont' want to confront anyone about their wrongdoing. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

Okay, but it IS okay to think what someone does is wrong, especially when it is so blantantly stealing. The whole karma thing really bugs me. It's basically someone's way of saying they dont' want to confront anyone about their wrongdoing. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

I couldn't agree more.

Not so sure I want to here the end unless they can give us insight on how to smuggle the bed out of the room or maybe the pillows or robes. I could always use some extra at home. Let some other poor sucker pay for them.

Not so sure I want to here the end unless they can give us insight on how to smuggle the bed out of the room or maybe the pillows or robes. I could always use some extra at home. Let some other poor sucker pay for them.

ROFL!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lol... this is too funny. Yes it IS okay to think what someone does is wrong. I agree (for the 3rd time). And if you think that is the defnition of karma, you should probably do a little research first or pick up a book.

But now that you've brought it up... The one thing I cannot stand about these boards (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE these boards), is that there are so many people that feel it is their anointed responsibility in life to cast judgment on all others. They wait, lurking... waiting for someone to say the wrong thing and then they pounce. I personally don't know which behavior is more repulsive. I mean look at you... you are "flaming" someone who agrees with you because it is not to the nth degree as you deem fit.

I don't know if the poster was joking or serious. The one thing I do know is that I don't "flame people" on message boards in general (personal preference, nothing good comes of it, and rather a waste of my time to be honest). But... since I'm here for the information and reviews, let me go back to my original intent: memphislonghorn, please post more of your review.

On with the lynching....

Archived