Has the Emerald Princess been docking in the center of town in Dominica?

baf10

Am on the Emerald as I type this, our itinerary did not visit Dominica, but today we are in St. Thomas and are docked in Havensight, which was a pleasant surprise for us as Crown Bay has so little in the way of shopping. Not sure why-there are only 4 ships in St. Thomas today and the Grand Princess is in Crown Bay.

Enjoy your cruise-we are having a fantastic cruise on the Emerald!

Carole

you might want to ask it on the "live from" thread (on page 1 or 2)..the person posting is on back to backs, so was there last week.

I am curious about when we are there on the Emerald, as the Sea Princess is also in town. In the past, we have docked at both locations...and downtown if definitely the preferred spot.

Can anyone who has been on the Emerald recently please confirm this.

Thanks

In November on the CB we docked at the pier away from town and a Carnival ship was at the downtown pier. They can only accommodate one ship downtown and I guess it just

depends who gets there first.

You never know until you arrive, if another ship is in especially HA they get first dibs on the downtown pier.

And it changes from cruise to cruise.

That is not true. I was on a HA cruise and it was out of town. I saw the princess cruise in town. I thought it was based on the size of the ship. I thought they want the bigger ship in town.

That is not true. I was on a HA cruise and it was out of town. I saw the princess cruise in town. I thought it was based on the size of the ship. I thought they want the bigger ship in town.

Who ever gets there first.

Emerald was at the warehouse and a small HA ship was downtown on 3 occasions.

Archived