Cabin Change same category?

sddiver

If you request a cabin change within the same category will they consider this a change worthy of now having to pay the higher cost( has gone up).

Thanks

Rich

As long as you stay in the same category there is no change in pricing. I have changed twice so far on my upcoming cruise, the second time was just last week. Just call, they will change it for you and email you a confirmation showing the new cabin number.

If the first Customer Service answer is unsatisfactory, we find it helpful to ask for the resolutions desk. This has assisted us on more than one occasion with both Celebrity and RC. On our upcoming Equinox cruise, we had a room change issue and asking for the resolutions desk saved us about $3000 over what the new price would have been otherwise.

I had booked and paid for a 3 person cabin. (2 kids and adult) A friend of a kid wanted to join us so I tried to upgrade to a 4 person room, (which was a change of catagory from inside to outside). They made me cancel the room I had booked, charged me a $100 cancellation fee, and I obviously paid more for the 4 person, as it was a pricer room. I had gotten the 3 person at a cheap rate. I was not too happy about paying $100 transfer fee. Has anyone had a similiar experience with them waiving that fee?

FWIW, I booked a guarantee veranda and was not thrilled with the cabin assigned to me, which was way forward. I was easily able to switch to an available one in the same category, which was way aft, where I prefer to be!

Hope that helps someone!! Got the tip from these boards or I never would even have asked.

Of course we ended up upgrading to a CC once on board--but that's another story.

Cathy

I had booked and paid for a 3 person cabin. (2 kids and adult) A friend of a kid wanted to join us so I tried to upgrade to a 4 person room, (which was a change of catagory from inside to outside). They made me cancel the room I had booked, charged me a $100 cancellation fee, and I obviously paid more for the 4 person, as it was a pricer room. I had gotten the 3 person at a cheap rate. I was not too happy about paying $100 transfer fee. Has anyone had a similiar experience with them waiving that fee?

Doesn't sound like a Celebrity fee to me.

Your TA charged it, not Celebrity.

Archived