We are packed and ready to go..woo hoo!!

S&D

Hi everyone,

well, we are flying off on wed morning to Sydney, where we have a hotel for the night before flying Emirates new airbus Syd to Auckland ...we are so excited... we get to catch up with our friends Shirley and John for dinner in Sydney , which is a lovely treat in itself.

... staying then - 5 days with our friends in Tauranga, before we all head up to Auckland where we are meeting our other 4 friends - joining us on the lovely Diamond Princess NZ cruise.

I will do a review when I get back, unlike the daily running commentary last time thru Asia on the Sun Princess...:)

we did end up with a J cat inside cabin on Caribe - aft, so we are happy with that, thanks to our wonderful Debra in Melbourne. Thanks for the well wishes all!!!

Thanks to all our CC er's on here who help with all the info to make these cruises so memorable. We hope to meet a LOT more of you on the oceans

in the future!

How will we sleep the next few nights??..especially as we are having a heat

wave here in Adelaide..:eek:...oh BOY..we are HANGING out for our raspberry fizz!!!

Hubby says how many times can I pack and re pack.....:rolleyes:..LOL..he should be VERY used to it by now....

we love the Diamond...4 places to DANCE..WOO HOO ....

S&D

1096948754_DANCER11.jpg.10cfbf66caa301df70e88cc449d96065.jpg

samba1.gif.9c49adbc9842835f40bf9526a17a07f9.gif

drink14.jpg.6b354d843caa357205ebf58062496021.jpg

Wishing you the most wonderful holiday - seems like you're off to a great start by meeting friends in Sydney. Looking forward to your review on return and any info on what to do/see in NZ. as we're going in 12 months.

Oh, the heat :eek: I'm sure the rasberry fizzes will be waiting for you:):) enjoy.

Ella

Hi Sandd,

Hope you have a fantastic trip. Enjoy your flight, and enjoy catching up with your friends.

Hope your cabin is ok, and lets face it ...better to be on the ship than not be cruising at all.:rolleyes::p;) Hope those Raspberry fizzes are fantastic :)..... I will have to try one next cruise!!!!!

Thanks Ella and Marg,

The Diamond will be running out of raspberry vodka this cruise if we have anything to do with it..LOL...

Ah, ha, so that's what a RF is....I'll definately be trying one or three of those :p The drink always sounded nice but I wasn't too sure what it was. Don't have tooooo many before you go dancing, lol:p

Ella

Hi Sandra,

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. :):) We leave tomorrow on the Pac Sun for NZ, cruising from south to north. I just had a look at your itinerary. Do you board in Auckland on February 10th? The Pacific Sun will be in Auckland on that day from 8am to midnight. We'll be the little one behind (or maybe in front of?) the glamourous Diamond Princess. :D:D

Evon .

Raspberry fizz recipe.....

raspberry vodka

chambord

fresh crushed raspberries

soda water

YUM!!!!!!

I never drank spirits before I tasted this little number..now I am SUNK!!!:eek::D..it's all DH's fault, he went in the cocktail demo and

made the HUGE mistake of giving it to me to try..the rest, dear CC er's

is cruise history!!!! LOL...:):)

S&D

cocktail8.gif.1516be3db28818de1ccd2e0dbf83d301.gif

Evon and Shiona,,,,

if you see us about, do say hello, hope to meet you, we will be at the terminal

from about 11am...hope to see you there somewhere....:D:D Have a wonderful trip!!

You can't miss us, our photo is on here....Dave is always easy to see..he is 6 ft 2"......

S&D

cocktail.gif.b8ae37122e012545014e85f6aa45ef6d.gif

Evon and Shiona,,,,

if you see us about, do say hello, hope to meet you, we will be at the terminal

from about 11am...hope to see you there somewhere....:D:D Have a wonderful trip!!

You can't miss us, our photo is on here....Dave is always easy to see..he is 6 ft 2"......

S&D

Peter is 6'3", very little hair on top, and always wears navy blue. I'll try to keep an eye out for you. :):)

Evon.

Bon Voyage Sandra..everytime you have A raspberry fizz thank the poster that originally warned us to put some money onto the account...before Princess got lousy. Otherwise your drink would have been $16 each:D

You will have a great time...enjoy

Hi Sandra and Dave,

Have the best time on your cruise. Lance and I will be thinking of you! I understand about the suitcase being packed. I have mine out about a month before we cruise. I just add a few things each day and then take out a few things the next few days - I always pack too much!!!!

We'll look forward to your review - shame you are not posting like last time. It was great reading each day!

We'll be thinking of you on the dance floor and we will know how happy you will be, gliding around!

Rugbypopsie...

oh yes, too true, we'll drink to that!!! XXXX

Susie,

Thanks for the good wishes, we will do a review in about 3 weeks time, it won't be long til your April cruise!! XX

S&D

champagnetray.gif.2f69fb977edcdd784db551daebbdcbd9.gif

Thanks Cheryl, we will have a great time, and will look forward to posting a review when we return. Looking forward to some weather UNDER 40 C..LOL...

Evon..the guys should be easy to spot then...both pretty tall! Hope to catch you there...

S&D:)

0037-0707-0920-3004_TN.jpg.1dcb37931e05de15f986b3c8840a9ee2.jpg

After all your disappointments on your previous bookings and cancellations I bet you wiill be extra pleased just to get on board

Enjoy your precruise trip with your friends and I certainly look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Have a raspberry fizz for me .....as if you need any more excuses...

Hi Sandra,

Have a great cruise. I hope we can catch up with you in Auckland. By the way, our previous port of call is Tauranga on the Monday. I don't know if you will still be in Tauranga that day, but the Pac Sun would be hard to miss, even though she is a lot smaller than the Diamond Princess. In Tauranga we have booked a 12-seat van and are off for the day to Rotorua. :):)

Evon.

Hi Sandra and Dave .. I can feel the enthusiasm coming through the monitor!! :)

You will have a wonderful time on the Diamond, as you well know.

The highest official temp we had, apart from Sydney was 20C, so I hope you get your wish for cooler weather.

I was watching our cruise DVD last night for the first time since we got back ... ahhh, memories.

Will look forward to your review and comparing notes. And I still can't work out how those staff remembered our names or even knew them!!

Take care,

Moira

Hi Evon,

we are in Auckland on the Monday, we have an apartment overlooking the harbour, and will be holding a cocktail party there for our friends pre cruise..woo hoo... will look for you at the dock Tuesday.

Moira...thanks so much, we will indeed have a fabulous time, and will compare notes as you say, on our return.... 20 degrees is looking good about now, still around 40 here again today...XX

S&D

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.8ededef78edee0a4aea831f18983897f.jpg

Archived