Fairmonts Waterfront Hotel

The Four Seasons

Fairmonts Hotel Vancouver

and the Metropolitan

some would include in the list

Sutton Place

The Wedgewood

Westin Bayshore Inn

Then since I have been down south this winter there have been 2 new hotels open that I am not yet familiar with but are suposed to be 5*:

The Loden

The Shangra La

Clear as mud, isn't it.....good luck:confused:

I am looking at the map and the hotels for mid July and I would guess that it is the Sutton Place, the Bayshore Inn, the Hyatt Regency or one of the 2 Marriotts down on W. Hastings....the Hyatt and the Marriotts I would regard as 4*. But any would be good deals at $154. However the PP is just east by about a block of the Vancouver - West map.

According to BetterBidding...

Downtown West has

5* La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel (WEST)

Amenities: Condo, 1BR, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Kitchenette

5* The Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

(can be same as Sutton Place)

5* The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver (previously 4.5*)

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa

OR

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

(same as Pan Pacific)

• 3 weeks later...

we stayed at Sutton Place last summer. We booked it through Hotwire. Whilst the location is central we just were very UNDERWHELMED with the hotel. The room was on the small side and when we checked in we specifically asked for non smoking and were given smoking. When we complained they brought us a fan!! Just my two cents..5 * I think not

we stayed at Sutton Place last summer. We booked it through Hotwire. Whilst the location is central we just were very UNDERWHELMED with the hotel. The room was on the small side and when we checked in we specifically asked for non smoking and were given smoking. When we complained they brought us a fan!! Just my two cents..5 * I think not

Sounds like the treatment you'd get at a 2* hotel not a 4 or 5* hotel.

Bill

The entire hotel is now non-smoking.

Vancouverites--aren't all the hotels non-smoking now???

I can fully understand your annoyance...I would be angry to.:mad:

The entire hotel is now non-smoking.

Vancouverites--aren't all the hotels non-smoking now???

No unless things have changed in the four months that I have been out of the rain in AZ most of Vancouver's hotels still permit smoking. They all have non-smoking rooms and in many cases multiple non-smoking floors. Last fall we canvased a number of Vancouver hotels trying to determine which were completly non-smoking and I think we identified about 6 but I am at a loss to tell you which they were. We are just not quite as advanced as CA and OR.

All restaurants and public buildings in Vancouver are non-smoking.

We booked last weekend for May with Hotwire for 1 night in Vancouver and we really, really wanted the Pan Pacific (for the night before we board the Carnival Spirit)and we were lucky enough to get it!!! We then got excited and booked the rest of our accomadation for our trip ( we are coming from Australia), so for our night post cruise in Vancouver we decided to do the 4* and ended up with the Westin Bayshore, so we are happy with both bookings. We also booked our accomadation in Anaheim and were thrilled with that booking as well. Its rather exciting not knowing until you've payed, so go for it!!!!

We booked last weekend for May with Hotwire for 1 night in Vancouver and we really, really wanted the Pan Pacific (for the night before we board the Carnival Spirit)and we were lucky enough to get it!!! We then got excited and booked the rest of our accomadation for our trip ( we are coming from Australia), so for our night post cruise in Vancouver we decided to do the 4* and ended up with the Westin Bayshore, so we are happy with both bookings. We also booked our accomadation in Anaheim and were thrilled with that booking as well. Its rather exciting not knowing until you've payed, so go for it!!!!

do you remember what the amenities were? Did it have golf nearby because I think that one is the Sutton Place. I think the one without the golf is Pan Pacific although Sutton Place has also come up without the golf.

I really want the Pan Pacific too but can't pull the trigger!!:eek:

Bill

Hi cc double,

I noticed while reading this thread you are on the same Alaska sailing as I am. We have a roll call going why don't you come over & join us.:D Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18254082&highlight=#post18254082

The Bayshore is a great hotel which is west of the downtown core and close to Stanley Park. Argueably it is just a little west of centre ice but not bad at all. I can confirm that it is Sutton Place that shows golf although there is not a golf course within 10 miles of it ....the pitch and putt in Stanley Park notwithstanding.;)

• 2 weeks later...

:)We were able to book the Pan Pacific for $248 per nite by contacting the hotel directly. That is less than the expedia price of $250. We are traveling mid- June, and the convenience of staying adjacient to the cruise terminal is great. We were able to reserve connecting rooms since we have family travelling with us.

What is located in that area that we could walk to with a 4 and 6 year old?

We appreciate any info that you could provide!!

Mary

Does anyone have any information on the Delta Vancouver Suites? I found it on priceline.

Delta is a very good hotel operator. I have friends who stay there on a repeat basis as it is a very convenient to the business comunity and a safe, quiet location. It is an easy walk to Gastown, Canada Place, Robson Street, Pacific Centre and Yaletown. If it is a good price then grab it.

As for your 4 and 6 year old - take them to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown for supper - it is a great inexpensive place for families and they will probably like the old streetcar that actual ran in Vancouver that is located in the middle of the restaurant.

Other than going to Science World or Kids fair at Granville Island I can't think of anything else that may appeal to your youngsters that is close to the hotel.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I agree with Ut in his recommendations but if I may add to the list:

How about a trip across Vancouver's SeaBus...just a few paces east of the PP combined with a walk around Lonsdale Quay which is a festival market. Then there is of course there is the Aquarium in Stanely Park or just Stanely Park its self.

www.vanaqua.org

http://city.vancouver.bc.ca/parks/parks/stanley/

Just to add to the message above - if you take the Seabus to Lonsdale Quay, you can transfer to a bus (no extra charge) that will take you up to Grouse Mountain. The ride is not long - less than 30 minutes - or you can get a taxi beside the bus loop. You can then take the gondola up to the top for a fabulous view of the city. They have various activities in the summer months that your children might like (although some, like ziplining, would be more for teenagers) - check out http://www.grousemountain.com/Summer/summer-activities/

There is also a bus stop, on the same route, at the Capilano Suspension Bridge which is very popular in the summer.

Archived