AOS going to Malaga in March 2010

Printingchick, did you see our news item? It's got the dates listed: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3045

According to the release (which I got directly from Royal Caribbean, so it's legit), Adventure of the Seas will sail out of Malaga from June 26 to November 28, 2010. From June 26 to October 9, it will offer 15 seven-night itineraries calling at Cagliari (Sardinia), Rome, Ajaccio (Corsica) and Palma de Mallorca. From October 9 to November 28, it will offer 10 five-night cruises, split between two itineraries -- one calling in Tenerife and Funchal, the other calling in Ajaccio and Villefranche.

We're putting our U.K. editor on the case to see if Royal Caribbean PR folks abroad know something the U.S. folks don't. Stay tuned!

Printingchick, did you see our news item? It's got the dates listed: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3045

According to the release (which I got directly from Royal Caribbean, so it's legit), Adventure of the Seas will sail out of Malaga from June 26 to November 28, 2010. From June 26 to October 9, it will offer 15 seven-night itineraries calling at Cagliari (Sardinia), Rome, Ajaccio (Corsica) and Palma de Mallorca. From October 9 to November 28, it will offer 10 five-night cruises, split between two itineraries -- one calling in Tenerife and Funchal, the other calling in Ajaccio and Villefranche.

We're putting our U.K. editor on the case to see if Royal Caribbean PR folks abroad know something the U.S. folks don't. Stay tuned!

Erica, any insight on what is sailing out of Cape Liberty in May 2010 and onward ie Liberty

of the Seas :) ????? Obviously the Summit will start the Bermuda Itin on 4/17/2010 ???? TNX !!!!

erniesband,

On our cruise in October '09, we were able to drop the price on our airfare from San Antonio, via Houston to San Juan by $$ by traveling home on Monday rather than Sunday. There are three of us going so the extra day on the hotel was less than the air if we had traveled home on Sunday, plus the flight times were also much better and we get an extra day in PR:)

Our fares were $340 roundtrip on Continental:)

Who knew it was as easy as asking CC? THANKS!!

When you find out what ship will go year-round in San Juan, in place of AOS, please, let us know!!!

Thanks Erica for listing the dates. I'm glad AOS will leave after we sail on her in February 2010. I was a little worried when I saw this thread since I've already changed our 2010 cruise three times. I didn't want to have to do it again!

If I were a betting man, I would bet that the Liberty moves north to Bayonne and the Explorer to Miami. :)

I will have to say goodbye to the Adventure in a few months.

I'll be right behind you (Sept 09). But I bet I'll see her again in Europe.

Come 2010 its time to cruise the world....beginning with Europe or Asia. Not sure if I keep the Mariner in 2010. I am just not to fond of the 'Capt Steubing itinerary'.

It'll certainly make sense sending Liberty to Bayonne. With Allure and Oasis sailing the Caribbean it sure does not make sense to have 2 Freedom Class ships down here.

Come 2010 its time to cruise the world....beginning with Europe or Asia. Not sure if I keep the Mariner in 2010. I am just not to fond of the 'Capt Steubing itinerary'.

It'll certainly make sense sending Liberty to Bayonne. With Allure and Oasis sailing the Caribbean it sure does not make sense to have 2 Freedom Class ships down here.

Starting on 4/17/2010 the Summit will start sailing to Bermuda from CApe Liberty and alternating with Canada Itin's in the Summer. Could a Freedom class ship sail to Bermuda and Dock at the west end ???? Cape Liberty is also doing some major Bulkhead & Dock construction at the curremt time, very interesting :)

Starting on 4/17/2010 the Summit will start sailing to Bermuda from CApe Liberty and alternating with Canada Itin's in the Summer. Could a Freedom class ship sail to Bermuda and Dock at the west end ???? Cape Liberty is also doing some major Bulkhead & Dock construction at the curremt time, very interesting :)

To be honest: no clue. I have never been to Bermuda.

Maybe some of posters more familiar with Bermuda, its ports etc could answer that.

:p

So far the 'Captain Stuebing itinerary' have been my favourite cruises to date (maybe because they were all girl's cruises:rolleyes:). I've had a blast in all the ports, and have never laughed so much in my life.:p Don't knock it if you haven't done it!eviltongue.gif

So far the 'Captain Stuebing itinerary' have been my favourite cruises to date (maybe because they were all girl's cruises:rolleyes:). I've had a blast in all the ports, and have never laughed so much in my life.:p Don't knock it if you haven't done it!eviltongue.gif

Basically I agree with that comment:

Don't knock it if you haven't done it!
But after watching a gazillion episodes of love boat I essentially feel like I am a Mexican.

While this is a more interesting cruise than the one I switch out it still requires a slam-dunk reason, a must-do reason, a deal-making reason to completely consider this cruise safe at home plate.

Speaking of home plate: can you hit a grand slam which would make this cruise a must do for me?

z-large1.gif

(I got one of those tongues too. :D)

Basically I agree with that comment:

But after watching a gazillion episodes of love boat I essentially feel like I am a Mexican.

While this is a more interesting cruise than the one I switch out it still requires a slam-dunk reason, a must-do reason, a deal-making reason to completely consider this cruise safe at home plate.

Speaking of home plate: can you hit a grand slam which would make this cruise a must do for me?

z-large1.gif

(I got one of those tongues too. :D)

Oh my goodness! Someone has smilie size issues!:rolleyes: It almost hurts to look at it! I haven't seen a tongue that big since....oh, never mind...:p

Do I have a slam dunk reason? Nope, I don't. All personal choice, I know. I just get my knickers in a knot when people put down an itinerary that they have never done (especially if it is one I love, LOL). :p

Royal Caribbean is being very quiet about other 2010 deployments. Reps in the U.S. and U.K. confirm that announcements won't be made until March 2009, so we won't have much to report until then. I'll keep trying to get the most accurate information on Adventure of the Seas as I can, so keep checking Cruise Critic's News page: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/

Royal Caribbean is being very quiet about other 2010 deployments. Reps in the U.S. and U.K. confirm that announcements won't be made until March 2009, so we won't have much to report until then. I'll keep trying to get the most accurate information on Adventure of the Seas as I can, so keep checking Cruise Critic's News page: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/

Thanks, Erica. I'm book-marking so I can keep checking. This is GREAT. I LOVE this site!

Here's the latest: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3049

Adventure of the Seas is NOT returning to San Juan. And it looks likely that Serenade of the Seas will be replacing it -- though we don't have RCI confirmation of its schedule after April 2010.

So bonus points to whoever guessed Serenade earlier in this thread!

Here's the latest: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3049

Adventure of the Seas is NOT returning to San Juan. And it looks likely that Serenade of the Seas will be replacing it -- though we don't have RCI confirmation of its schedule after April 2010.

So bonus points to whoever guessed Serenade earlier in this thread!

Nice investigative reporting Erica, Hopefully Mr Liu will give us an idea on whats sailing out of Cape Liberty in May 2010 :)

I guess I will have to bid farewell to my favorite ship! :(

Glad I know this now, as I was going to book onboard for Feb 2010, when I sail the AOS in 2 weeks! Wonder why they are selling 2010 southern Caribbean itineraries when they know the AOS isn't going to be there??

I'm with you my favorite ship!! Only one I've been on, but going on IOS in 3 weeks!!!

Donna

Very sad news. I hate to loose Adventure, my favorite ship as well.

I hope they put another ship in San Juan as the Southern Caribbean is my favorite destination. With only one small ship sailing in those waters, prices will be high and availability and itineraries limited. We might get stuck choosing another line in order to stay in the south and have some different port choices. I'd really hate to be forced to do that.

Unfortunately, if Adventure is not replaced with another Voyager or Freedom class ship our days of cruising out of San Juan may be over. My family just can't make due without the Royal Promenade. It was nice to try Serenade but it always seemed like something was missing.

I guess I'd better make the most out of this up coming cruise in March on Adventure.

AOS is our favorite ship and the southern carribean our favorite itinerary. I have to agree with the previous poster that I too may have to try another line if we want cruise out of San Juan after 2010. I love the voyager class and do prefer to not sail the smaller ships such as the Serenade. Hopefully RCL will replace it with another big ship...Voyager or Freedom, so we won't have to make that decision to jump cruise lines.

AOS is our favorite ship and the southern carribean our favorite itinerary. I have to agree with the previous poster that I too may have to try another line if we want cruise out of San Juan after 2010. I love the voyager class and do prefer to not sail the smaller ships such as the Serenade. Hopefully RCL will replace it with another big ship...Voyager or Freedom, so we won't have to make that decision to jump cruise lines.

I agree. Some of us can't AFFORD Europe!!!

Archived