Costa Secrets they usually don't tell you about

*Kendra*

Espresso after lunch or dinner you pay for. You can have it at your table or go to one of the bars. Price is €1.50 but if you buy the booklet of coffee coupons it comes to only €1.30 per cup. It's free with the room service menu at breakfast.

I beg to differ with CtheWorld - as an espresso addict from Italy, I've always found the coffee from the bars on Costa ships to be barely tolerable. Maybe it's the water, but I think it's more likely the non-Italian barmen just don't know how to make their espresso makers work as they should.

The following oceanview cabins with obstructed view that one can acutally see and hear the ocean are: 4114 4115, 4122, 23, 4140,41,4148,49, 4196, 97. The best most view is in cabin 4122 and 4123. These cabins are very large (185 sq.ft) and have a large leather sofa, mini fridge, safe, pleanty of closet space and the view is from two french doors that actually open in-ward (you can hold it open with the door stop from the entrance. There is a wooden railing as high as a balcony railing so as safe as those I am sure. From the railing downward it is clear plexiglass or whatever it is called. I just had one 4133 on Carnival Miracle in June and it is the same ship exactly except for the Carnival touch. For the price I prefer it to a regular oceanview that is on a lower deck and just a view. Nice to hear/smell and see the ocean. I laid back on my bed feet towards headboard and enjoyed the view that way. It was great! Have a super cruise.

On Atlantica, the horizontal accessible cabins with the obstructed view-will these have just a window to look around the life boats or an opening door for fresh air and viewing? No, 4202 and 4207. Any ideas?

Edited by alwaysfrantic

• 3 months later...

Leyla gave a great breakdown of the best Obstructive View cabins, but our cabin was not mentioned. Any ideas??

It is a quad cabin, so I hope it is like the 4122 and 4123 that was mentioned.

Anyone been in this cabin?

MalNZ

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is 'old'. Just seeing if there are any new tips. Does anyone have cabin pictures of the obstructed view cabins they can post? Specifically 4122 or 4123 on Atlantica. Thanks!

Edited by APDMOM

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Also if you buy 100 carnival shares (which at the moment give a better return than the banks ) you get OBC for all the cruiselines under this umbrella including Costa and Princess , it depends on the length of the cruise but for a week we will be getting 75 euros and for our Hawaii cruise next year on Princess $250 , not bad

We will be on the Magica in October :D

Sure, go all the way to the front of the ship on the decks below the bridge.

On the right or left side of the ship there is a door that will take you out to the decks on the bow.

Take the steps up and you will be right on top of the bridge.

Sure, go all the way to the front of the ship on the decks below the bridge.

On the right or left side of the ship there is a door that will take you out to the decks on the bow.

Take the steps up and you will be right on top of the bridge.

Thanks Salve

We had one of these cabin on the Magica (last minute deal) and found them really nice, good sized windows, one door said crew only the other did not so we sat out there most days on the deck-box right outside the windows nothing was said when we were seen.