Dinner Clothing for Men

300EXPRESS

OK...this cruise is our first and I've ready many threads on the style of dining for clothing and I'm just not sure.

I gotta ask, on elegant nights - my hubby has a jacket and tie no problem. So...on the other nights are a pair of khaki's and polo shirt or a "hawaiin" type shirt OK?? What are people wearing for dinner? We don't want to stand out but he isn't real big on dressing up in a tie so we were wondering if this will be OK - any suggestions out there??????? THANKS!

OK...this cruise is our first and I've ready many threads on the style of dining for clothing and I'm just not sure.

I gotta ask, on elegant nights - my hubby has a jacket and tie no problem. So...on the other nights are a pair of khaki's and polo shirt or a "Hawaiian" type shirt OK?? What are people wearing for dinner? We don't want to stand out but he isn't real big on dressing up in a tie so we were wondering if this will be OK - any suggestions out there??????? THANKS!

Yes...that is more than fine.

That is what I usually wear with a pair of leather sandals.

:cool:

Sounds like a plan..!:)

I opted out of the jacket on the Freedom, and just did a dress shirt and tie for 'elegant' nite, and I was "right in the middle of the mix"!!:D Slacks and polo/Hawaiian shirt are fine for the 'other' nights...

Sounds like a plan..!:)

I opted out of the jacket on the Freedom, and just did a dress shirt and tie for 'elegant' nite, and I was "right in the middle of the mix"!!:D Slacks and polo/Hawaiian shirt are fine for the 'other' nights...

I was wondering about this for my husband, as well. We usually "dress up" for elegant night but with the new airline restrictions, hubby wants to do shirt and tie, no jacket. Hope he will blend in OK... I know he wouldn't want to be one of the only ones without a jacket.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your replies - looks like we will be OK. Boy, if my hubby could get away without the jacket on elegant night he would in a heartbeat. I'm not real comfortable with that idea yet. The jacket does take up a lot of space with the new restrictions but I really don't want him to be the minority and stand out like a sore thumb.

You see every form of clothing imaginable in the dining room. I personally like to see people dressed appropriately, but doubt that would ever be enforced by Carnival.

Sounds like you will be well attired and better then some will be.

Thanks everyone for your replies - looks like we will be OK. Boy, if my hubby could get away without the jacket on elegant night he would in a heartbeat. I'm not real comfortable with that idea yet. The jacket does take up a lot of space with the new restrictions but I really don't want him to be the minority and stand out like a sore thumb.

My hubby wears his jacket on the plane...just with kakhi's and a polo...that way it isn't taking up space luggage (and I can use it if I get cold in the airport;))

Just got off a 7 day on the Glory. There were two elegant nights. I did wear a sport coat, but no tie. I took a couple pairs of slacks. On the other nights my attire varied. I even wore shorts a couple of nights. The elegant nights would range from those wearing tuxedos to a guy in a hawaiian shirt.

The jacket does take up a lot of space with the new restrictions

Once again...

For those of you who are worried about packing suits or just jackets, and luggage space...

2114324320079337728RYvvZs_th.jpg

Click that thumbnail picture to get a full sized printable one.

I've packed this way for years, and it takes up far less space than normal suit packing.

Even if this helps one person, it's a good thing.;)

On our last 2 cruises since the dress code change, DH has worn slacks and a nice dress shirt, no tie or jacket on the cruise elegant nights. And on the cruise casual nights, he wore nice knee-length dress shorts, Tommy Bahama shirts, and topsiders.

Archived