Skagway

Cosmic Rays

We are doing Chilkoot charters in Sept. Look at http://www.chilkootcharters.com.

Roseanna

I checked this site and couldn't find any prices on any of their excursions. Am I missing something? Why wouldn't they include those? I'm not giving a credit card # to someone who isn't giving me a price. If anyone knows prices, I'd appreciate any help. :)

I checked this site and couldn't find any prices on any of their excursions. Am I missing something? Why wouldn't they include those? I'm not giving a credit card # to someone who isn't giving me a price. If anyone knows prices, I'd appreciate any help. :)

We just sent them an email with the dates we will be there, and which tour we are interested in, and they answered almost immediatly with all the prices and details.

its too bad they dont show their prices. but if you do a search on this thread for ''chilkoot prices'' and you will come up with their tours and prices that have been posted. i am taking the 7 1/2 train/bus/lunch tour for $175 pp. i cant wait to do this tour.

its too bad they dont show their prices. but if you do a search on this thread for ''chilkoot prices'' and you will come up with their tours and prices that have been posted. i am taking the 7 1/2 train/bus/lunch tour for $175 pp. i cant wait to do this tour.

We will be doing the 9 hr tour this May for $228 p/p---We did the 7 hr tour 2 years ago, and LOVED it! We decided to take advantage of the long stop in Skagway, and go for the long tour.

Here is what I received from Chillkoot Charters this week:

We currently have 4 combination bus and rail excursions.

1) White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion

Duration: 3.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM & 12:00PM

Cost: $122.00 Adult $78.00 Child (12 & Under)

Itinerary: 1 3/4 hours on train to White Pass Summit & Fraser by train - Return to Skagway by bus (This tour operates in reverse order at 8:30AM & 1:00PM)

2) Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion

Duration: 7 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM

Cost: $175.00 Adult $120.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch: Caribou Crossing Trading Post/Yukon Wildlife Museum/Husky Puppy Camp/Lunch Included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser by train - 1 3/4 hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

3) Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion With 15-Minute Dogsled Ride

Same as #2 above plus dogsled ride included in this package

Cost: $206.00 Adults $153.00 Child (12 & Under)

4) Skagway/Carcross Rail & Bus Excursion (May 22 – September 2, 2009)

Duration: 9 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM

Cost: $228 Adult $152 Child (12 & Under) (Plus 5% sales tax)

Lunch: Lake Bennett Train Depot dining hall/Parks Canada Interpretive Displays/Lunch Included

Itinerary: 2 1/2 hours on train to White Pass Summit, Fraser & Lake Bennett – 1 1/2 hours for lunch and layover at Lake Bennett – 2 hours by train to Carcross – Carcross to Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

(This excursion operates in the reverse order on Wednesday and Sunday.)

Courtesy transportation is provided to and from all cruise ship docks in Skagway.

Hope this helps,

Kurt

We will be doing the 9 hr tour this May for $228 p/p---We did the 7 hr tour 2 years ago, and LOVED it! We decided to take advantage of the long stop in Skagway, and go for the long tour.

i cant wait to take this tour. i get everything i want to see for a really good price. plus i will have time to wander around skagway afterwards. i cant wait to see emerald lake and see if it is really as gorgious as they say.

i cant wait to take this tour. i get everything i want to see for a really good price. plus i will have time to wander around skagway afterwards. i cant wait to see emerald lake and see if it is really as gorgious as they say.

Even more so....you will NOT be disappointed!

I have been told that when the weather is foggy (which happens quite often) that you cannot see anything from the train. Do they refund your money if the weather is bad?

No, they don't - only if the road is closed so the trip is cancelled. And the weather is not "often" so foggy that you can't see anything. When it is, it's usually only for a short distance right at the summit - if you're on a Summit excursion (train only) that can be a huge disappointment but on a longer trip the foggy section is just a small part of the trip.

While we have not booked our cruise yet, (we are waiting for the 2010 schedules) we are interested in this tour company. Do they pick you up at the ship?

Yes, they will pick you up at the dock and deliver you to the train, or if you do the bus trip up, they will pick you up at the dock and take you up the road to meet the train in Fraser, BC. They drive a small bus so there are plenty of chances to stop where the big buses can't stop to take photos. If you take the bus back, they will drop you off wherever you want. You do need to bring your passport with you on this trip, Chilkoot will not take you if you don't.

Archived