Review - NZ cruise Pacific Sun, 31st January

Ela 2

Evon did i hear right that Sandy has made it to cruise director.....perhaps David was only filling in.... i mean from the Queen Mary to the Pacific Sun is not upwards....hehe......i remember when Sandy first started if its correct he will be brilliant..........cheers Shiona.... ps: fanks for the kind words on John i will organize a special CD and a DvD to send to you be in touch soon...

Sandy is currently Deputy to David Pepper on Pacific Sun.

I liked David (we were on his first cruise as CD the week before Evon's cruise), but I seemed to be in the minority, at least in our group of 7 cruisers, but I think he's got a very steep learing curve to get used to Pacific Sun and Australian cruising.

Marg, see my reply to Evon.... I think the Champagne thing was just a glitch on that cruise, we certainly got Champagne the week before on Pacific Sun. And with the 3 courses, we didn't even notice it!! Some of the dishes that were previously listed seperately as Entree's now appear in the Soups & Starters course.

I only ever have 3 courses, but Grah usually has the 4....... I guess if you were still hungry you could always go up to the buffet!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I only ever have 3 courses, but Grah usually has the 4....... I guess if you were still hungry you could always go up to the buffet!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's probably why I didn't notice, because I always used to have either a Soup/Starter OR and Entree, very rarely both.

Sandy is currently Deputy to David Pepper on Pacific Sun.

I liked David (we were on his first cruise as CD the week before Evon's cruise), but I seemed to be in the minority, at least in our group of 7 cruisers, but I think he's got a very steep learing curve to get used to Pacific Sun and Australian cruising.

Hi Kym, Sandy got off ship when we did 14/2/09.

he was going to join his girlfriend ( a dancer now on a Princess ship)

I liked David Pepper also. he joined in a lot of activities such as line dancing . the first cruise director that I remember to do so.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Hi Evon,

I enjoyed reading your review very much. The cricket balls scones bit has me laughing. It looked very cold in Milford Sound.... we had the same cold weather last year. You did get some lovely pics from there.

Time to start planning the next adventure yet?

Cheers,

Anna

Hi Marg,

No evening buffet on the Pacific Sun.:( I felt the portion sizes were fairly small, but an advantage of that is that the pax won't put on too much weight. People who want more food can order a baked potato or fries with their main course. They can also order two main courses.

Evon.

Evon, we were on the Pacific Sun cruise immediately before yours and we had champagne at the Champagne Waterfall, so not sure what happened to it on yours.

When we were on the Pac Sun last May, the champagne came around on trays while the pyramid of glasses was being built and while guests were pouring champagne. The atmosphere was really buzzing, rather than the subdued spirit this time. Last week I was there for only about 15 minutes at the end of the construction phase and the start of the pouring, but I didn't wait around until the end of the event. There were definitely no glasses sitting around, nor in passenger's hands, and there were also a lot of empty seats, when normally there are none. It is possible that champagne was brought out after I left, ie well after the pouring (by pax) started. I thought I might have a glass of bubbly so I looked at the bar to see if there were trays sitting ready to take around. None to be seen.

It will be interesting to hear from others whether the champers came out later, or whether there was none at all.

Evon.

Hi Evon,

I enjoyed reading your review very much. The cricket balls scones bit has me laughing. It looked very cold in Milford Sound.... we had the same cold weather last year. You did get some lovely pics from there.

Time to start planning the next adventure yet?

Cheers,

Anna

Thanks Anna,

We have two more cruises booked - 20th March on Pacific Dawn to Samoa and 12th August on Pacific Sun to Darwin. The March cruise has a fantastic group of CC'ers on board. :):)

Evon.

Sandy is currently Deputy to David Pepper on Pacific Sun..

In all due respect i know what position he holds we first met him on the Pacific Star when Michael was CD .....it was at the end of the farewell show last Friday night that an announcement was made ... i thought i heard David announce that Sandy has been made a CD as to on what ship this was not stated... Shiona

A couple of questions, Evon. Did Peter manage to get plenty of icecream for sweets and is the buffet open for dinner or is it formal dining room only?

Frank

Hi Frank,

Peter says he got enough icecream on the cruise, but he is going 'cold turkey' at the moment. He started off asking for "lots of icecream" with our dinner waiter and was disappointed when he only got two scoops. I suggested he should be more specific. He then asked for four scoops and got exactly that. On sea days we went to the dining room and he ordered four scoops of icecreams for dessert.

The buffet does not operate in the evening on Pacific Sun. Anytime dining will be operating in the dining room when you go. Other options (at an extra charge) are the steakhouse and the pizza place. I will put up a review of the steakhouse when I have finished the ports of call.

Kind regards to you and Mary,

Evon.

In all due respect i know what position he holds we first met him on the Pacific Star when Michael was CD .....it was at the end of the farewell show last Friday night that an announcement was made ... i thought i heard David announce that Sandy has been made a CD as to on what ship this was not stated... Shiona

Hi Shiona,

I also heard David say that Sandy has been made a CD, but it was almost as a throw-away line and I don't think he said the name of the ship.

Evon.

Thanks Evon..... didn't think i had dreamed it......if he has finally made it he will be great...good luck to him...........cheers Shiona

Maybe Sandy might head over to Pacific Dawn? After reading all of the comments about Zoltina J, I'm not so sure I am ready for her lol. :eek:

Sarah

Archived