Kettles in the Cabins...

ladysail2

There was a cordless kettle in my cabin in November during the 4 day cruise.

Has someone recently come back from an Independence of the Seas cruise? Was the cordless kettle still in the cabin...I happened to have a balcony cabin.

Thanks...

Joyce :D

If these are available on Freedom and we decide to sail in October, I'm bringing my travel teapot!

Freedom only has them in junior suites and higher. Indy has them in all cabins because she spends part of the year sailing out of the UK.

There was a cordless kettle in my cabin in November during the 4 day cruise.

Has someone recently come back from an Independence of the Seas cruise? Was the cordless kettle still in the cabin...I happened to have a balcony cabin.

Thanks...

Joyce :D

hi ladysail, even the rhapsody cruising in australian waters have kettles in the cabin

rkmw

Are these kettles just for hot water for tea or do they also have the glass french press pot so you can make coffee? The pictures I've seen don't show the glass pot just the black kettle for heating water.

I'm on the Grandeur in a JS in Oct.

Thanks.

it's a small version of a regular electric tea kettle. You still have to get the water to put in it and I am assuming you are using bottled water or getting if from one of the bar areas:confused:

I can understand the bottled water part, but water from the bar?.....Why would you get it there?....Just curious....

it's a small version of a regular electric tea kettle. You still have to get the water to put in it and I am assuming you are using bottled water or getting if from one of the bar areas:confused:

The tap water in the bathroom is the same as you would get from the bar.

We had a kettle in our cabin on the independence in December. In January we had a GS on the Navigator and we had the kettle plus the French Press etc.

Kathy:)

Are these kettles just for hot water for tea or do they also have the glass french press pot so you can make coffee? The pictures I've seen don't show the glass pot just the black kettle for heating water.

I'm on the Grandeur in a JS in Oct.

Thanks.

In a JS or higher, you have the french press setup in addition to the kettle.

Do they have coffee and tea in the cabin?

I can't remember any tea bags, but they had small sachets of Maxwell House coffee, and sealed milk cups.

Hint: I did not like the taste of the milk, either in the little cups, or in the Café on the promenade. I will be bringing my own milk from a store in FLL to put in my fridge. I didn't recognize the name on the milk cartons during breakfast in the buffet area, but I presumed (perhaps wrongly) that it tasted the same as the other milk. Perhaps the milk came from Britain where the cows are fed different stuff than here in N. America.

I'm so happy to be able to make a cup of coffee whenever I feel like it, in my cabin.

I can't remember any tea bags, but they had small sachets of Maxwell House coffee, and sealed milk cups.

Hint: I did not like the taste of the milk, either in the little cups, or in the Café on the promenade. I will be bringing my own milk from a store in FLL to put in my fridge. I didn't recognize the name on the milk cartons during breakfast in the buffet area, but I presumed (perhaps wrongly) that it tasted the same as the other milk. Perhaps the milk came from Britain where the cows are fed different stuff than here in N. America.

I'm so happy to be able to make a cup of coffee whenever I feel like it, in my cabin.

I think cows are fed on different feed farm to farm never mind continent to continent:rolleyes:

Sorry to ask, but I've read this thread and I still don't know. Does Mariner have the kettles in JS? How about the french press? I just might be willing to try Starbucks new instant coffee or pack some regular coffee for a press.

Thanks.

I'm thinking if they provide the french press they will provide the coffee. I hope so anyway. When we had the RFS we had the press and little vacuum packed packages of Seattle's Best coffee, both regular and decaf. I would also like to know if they will provide coffee in the JS along with the french press. I can always bring some of my own coffee but I really think it will be provided.

Sorry to ask, but I've read this thread and I still don't know. Does Mariner have the kettles in JS? How about the french press? I just might be willing to try Starbucks new instant coffee or pack some regular coffee for a press.

Thanks.

Yes, the JS and higher on all ships now have the kettles and the french press.

I'm thinking if they provide the french press they will provide the coffee. I hope so anyway. When we had the RFS we had the press and little vacuum packed packages of Seattle's Best coffee, both regular and decaf. I would also like to know if they will provide coffee in the JS along with the french press. I can always bring some of my own coffee but I really think it will be provided.

Yes, they provide coffee and tea for the JS and higher (along with sugar and creamer packets).

Archived