Which one do you choose: Port or Starboard?

When sailing out of Port Canaveral I prefer the starboard side to see all of the restaurants along shore during sailaway from the balcony. However, if you like to join in on the excitement above deck then it doesn't matter what side you cabin is on.

Port side, however, gets you that morning sun to wake up to at the beginning of your cruise. During the second half of your cruise you might want to sleep later and not be awaken by the morning sun.

Starboard.

At the ports we were at last time (Key West, Cozumel, and Belize) at the two pier ports we tied up along the Starboard side and I liked watching the process of getting secured and unsecured.

Of course, it could be because when I was a coxswain in college I always thought it was easier to slide the starboard side of an 8 into the dock...probably because I'm right handed.:cool:

Portside always till now, this has been based on room category rather then anything else. This time around, we got two interconnected balconies on the staboard side, it will be interesting to see if we will have a preference after this trip, can't imagine we will, but let' see..

I usually look at Port side first, IDK why! I just realized it. Given the same cabin, but the only difference is Port or Starboard, which do you choose?

For me it's whats above and below the cabin that would determine which one for me

Archived