question about loudspeaker announcement

Sea Hag

On our cruise last fall on the Star, more than once there was an announcement over the loudspeaker, somthing like this:

------ team, to the Wheelhouse Bar (Wheelhouse Bar is a for instance, and the dashes are the word we can't remember)

Given the forgettery going on here and the fact that we can't remember what the team was, does anybody know anything about this? I was going to post this when we got back, and maybe even when I still remembered the team name, but I forgot to do that. All this forgetting can't be due to the fact that I'm getting older, can it? :D

On our cruise last fall on the Star, more than once there was an announcement over the loudspeaker, somthing like this:

------ team, to the Wheelhouse Bar (Wheelhouse Bar is a for instance, and the dashes are the word we can't remember)

Given the forgettery going on here and the fact that we can't remember what the team was, does anybody know anything about this? I was going to post this when we got back, and maybe even when I still remembered the team name, but I forgot to do that. All this forgetting can't be due to the fact that I'm getting older, can it? :D

On previous cruises we would hear "Code Alpha team" which is a medical emergency. Could that be what you heard.

Marilyn

Sea AHag, I was asking my DH about this and he just remembered whata we heard. The loudspeaker was calling for the Assessment Team and then gave a cabin #. Now we found out that Assessment Team is for Emergency use. Now that entails quite abit but I think you get the picture.

marilyn

Sea AHag, I was asking my DH about this and he just remembered whata we heard. The loudspeaker was calling for the Assessment Team and then gave a cabin #. Now we found out that Assessment Team is for Emergency use. Now that entails quite abit but I think you get the picture.

marilyn

Ah yes! That was it - Assessment Team. Thanks!

Announcements over the ships speaker system include:

Code Alpha is a medical response

Code Bravo is a fire response

Code Delta is damage to the ship

Code Oscar is a person overboard

Code Papa is Pollution or Haz Mat Incident

I have been on a sailing with a code Oscar. We didn't find out until later it was for someone overboard. We were in port at the time, but boy did the staff scramble. We never found out if it was real or a drill.

Archived