Anyone back from the Star this week?

luvmarley

My husband and I just returned from our first NCL cruise to the Mexican Rivieria and we had a blast! We originally signed up for the Underwater Scooters (Mini Subs, I think they called them) in Cabo, but we found out the tour was cancelled when we got to our room. Instead, we booked the Outdoor Adventure in PV which was the best excursion we have ever done!! You take a boat across the bay, ride in a military vehicle and then on a mule all the while climbing hundreds of feet above sea level. You get strapped into your harness for some fabulous zip lines!! You also repel down a waterfall and then do another repel later on...UNBELIEVABLE!! I would recommend this excursion 100 times over! Might not be suitable for people afraid of heights or those people that have trouble hiking a bit uphill.

As far as what to do on the ship, there were so many options! We went to a few of the shows at night...saw Murray the magician, the Chinese Acrobats, Second City, a few other ones as well. Of course, the martini and mojito tastings are always fun! Just make sure to check your Freestyle Daily for your options! If you search a bit on CC, you can find recent Dailies which will give you a good idea of what to expect on board. We met some great staff members and had a wonderful time. Oh, and you HAVE to go to the Qwest (assuming they will do it again)! A ridiculously good time!

Have a fun cruise! I'm ready to go again and I've only been back home for 2 days!!

MNTwinsMom also forgot to mention the WONDERFUL other passengers that they met while on the cruise!

After cruising NCL 3 times, this was definitely our best yet. Loved the ship (although the layout was a bit confusing), the staff was terrific, especially Host Kevin, Hostess Lisa, and Cruise Director Paul, and the fellow passengers helped to make the trip a great one to remember.

Sea days there was plenty to do. My wife enjoyed the towel folding, and I enjoyed the pubs and other activities. Evening entertainment was really good, with plenty of options for every taste. You have to see Murray's first show, and don't miss Quest. The Second City improv group was a blast, especially their adult only show on the last night.

Look for my full review in a few days.

Have a great cruise!

My husband and I just returned from our first NCL cruise to the Mexican Rivieria and we had a blast! We originally signed up for the Underwater Scooters (Mini Subs, I think they called them) in Cabo, but we found out the tour was cancelled when we got to our room. Instead, we booked the Outdoor Adventure in PV which was the best excursion we have ever done!! You take a boat across the bay, ride in a military vehicle and then on a mule all the while climbing hundreds of feet above sea level. You get strapped into your harness for some fabulous zip lines!! You also repel down a waterfall and then do another repel later on...UNBELIEVABLE!! I would recommend this excursion 100 times over! Might not be suitable for people afraid of heights or those people that have trouble hiking a bit uphill.

As far as what to do on the ship, there were so many options! We went to a few of the shows at night...saw Murray the magician, the Chinese Acrobats, Second City, a few other ones as well. Of course, the martini and mojito tastings are always fun! Just make sure to check your Freestyle Daily for your options! If you search a bit on CC, you can find recent Dailies which will give you a good idea of what to expect on board. We met some great staff members and had a wonderful time. Oh, and you HAVE to go to the Qwest (assuming they will do it again)! A ridiculously good time!

Have a fun cruise! I'm ready to go again and I've only been back home for 2 days!!

O M G!! You have me so excited!! I'll be on the Star on 3/14 and I can NOT wait!!:D

The murder mystery dinner was a great way to meet other people and have fun doing it. They assigned each person on the team a "role", and you had to play that role until the game was finished, and everyone made their guesses as to who was the murderer.

As for Quest, the clothes stayed on - barely. We had a young couple on our team who were well on their way before time out was called!

Hi luvmarley,

We went on a MX Riviera itinerary a couple years ago and did the Mazatlan city tour and Papantla Fliers show. It was a nice overview of the city, not too long, with stops in the various highlights and also a cultural show with dancers and the "Papantla Fliers". I was traveling with a 5 year old and an 85 year old and the three of us all liked it. A bit mild, but good.

This time I am taking the now-7-year-old on the Pirate ship adventure in Puerto Vallarta.

I have heard that the excursion with a mule ride, ziplines, and waterfall rapelling in PV is great, if you are looking for an active excursion.

We are sailing on the same cruise as you. If you would like to correspond with others on our cruise or would like to come to the Meet & Greet onboard, just go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801074&page=6

With 2000 on board, I imagine someone on every sailing would always get a virus. Wouldn't the law of averages dictate that?

I suppose that you are alluding to the... (wait for it).... NOROVIRUS!!!! LOL!

The reason why i asked is because my step mom was on the 2/14 sailing and got violently sick and she said they wouldnt even let her sleep. They called the room every 30 minutes to make sure she didnt leave the room. They were on deck 10. She thought it was food poisoning but the dr. told her it was the virus. I was just wondering if anyone else got sick too. She thinks it was the soup at the buffet.

Hope she feels better.

We were also on deck 10 (10718) on the 2/14 cruise....no one I know or heard about got sick, but I did notice the crew personally handing out plates at the buffet and standing guard at the antibacterial station.....I used that stuff every time I passed one.

But I also noticed kids sticking their fingers into the buffet food and adults filling water bottles at the buffet water dispensers (right next to the sign that says don't do that).....I expect kids to do silly things, but come on.....as adults, we should know better.

Another peeve are those tongs at the buffet. They are so stiff that you need to grip them down lower near the ends, which is exactly where they lay into the food bins.:eek: Yuck.

Archived