Did you like Nachi Cocum-Cozumel?

Gator0178

Ill be there in June. just wondering if im wanting something a tad more lively?

me my wife and two teens(16-16)

If you want lively, you'll probably be happier elsewhere.

Except for the background music in restaurant area, it was quiet.

Nice place to relax, swim, read, eat, drink, relax some more!

Okay, so now I know if I book Nachi to take my Ipod, and water shoes.

Do they have floating mats?

And I'll definately have to check out that chocolatey drink for desert :D

Still decideding between Nachi, Mr. Sanchos and the bar hop bus.

Okay, so now I know if I book Nachi to take my Ipod, and water shoes.

Do they have floating mats?

And I'll definately have to check out that chocolatey drink for desert :D

Still decideding between Nachi, Mr. Sanchos and the bar hop bus.

While we were there, there was a guy that was coming around asking if we wanted to rent a mat, do a jet ski, para-sail, etc.

We were there last week and did not care for it. Perhaps some of it was due to the rough water that day. The water was brown, from being stirred up so much. We had planned on going snorkeling, but decided against it after we saw the difficulty that they had getting the little (and I mean little, 4 feet below the dock) boat tied up. I don't see how we would have even been able to get into that boat.

The food was OK, not great, in my opinion. Our 8 year old didn't get a lounge chair, although there were plenty others on the beach. I didn't think the pool was all that clean. We love Cozumel, but would try somewhere else in the future.

I had never seen the water in Cozumel look like it did the day we were here, but we did not care for Nachi and would go elsewhere next time. I am sure there are many that like it, but did not give me the warm and fuzzy feeling I usually get from Cozumel.

Is there enough time to spend at Nachi AND go shopping before the ship leaves? (we are there from 10AM to 7 PM but I don't know if that means ship time or Mexico time)

That is definitely enough time...last fall we were in port 9am -5pm and had plenty of time to shop as we headed back to the ship after Nachi Cocom! One of the best cruise days EVER!

That is definitely enough time...last fall we were in port 9am -5pm and had plenty of time to shop as we headed back to the ship after Nachi Cocom! One of the best cruise days EVER!

Mandy, I did a double take when I saw your name - I think I remember you from the Roll Call thread for our Western cruise on the Liberty last May!

I'm glad you liked Nachi Cocum. We're sailing on the Liberty again in three weeks, and we're going to Nachi Cocum for the day while we're at Cozumel. It'll be our first time, but we've heard lots of great things about it, so I hope it'll be as nice as everyone says.

Erica

They accept cash & traveler's checks. I enquired when I made my reservation. I really don't like the idea of carrying cash. It seems like all the ressies we have made in Belize, Grand Cayman and now Cozumel want cash or traveler's checks.

I would think you would feel free to spend more $$ if you were able to use a cc.

We were at Nachi this past Tuesday and it was great.

The beer was cold and the food was good. The beach is outstanding. There is a nice big pool and a large adults only hot tub. The service was okay, not great but it was fine.

Nachi has a relaxing atmosphere where you can kick back and listen to the waves/enjoy the view. I took my two boys there (6 & 7) and they really enjoyed it. There are not many kids at Nachi and there are not any "toys" so if your kids need playmates or need to be entertained then I do not recommend Nachi for them. If your kids are like mine and just love playing on the beach and in the pool then they'll have a good time.

There were 5 ships in port that day and Nachi had about 60 people there but only 5 kids total (including mine). Some people we met there didn't book ahead but just showed up instead and they got in but I think they won't take walk ups unless they have room.

My entire family felt that Nachi was the highlight of the trip. I also highly suggest you get a massage.....it was AWESOME.

We were there in Feb with our three kids and had a great time. The sand was clean, water was beautiful, kids had a great time with the pool and having the beach so close. We all loved the food. Hubby and I loved our drinks. We were one of the first few families to get there so we had a great spot on the beach. Our waiter was very attentive and came by often asking if needed more drinks. Loved the hammocks and overall relaxing, peaceful atmosphere. My husband was impressed I found the place here on cruise critic. We would love to go back when we go back to cozumel.

Doesn't matter now... Royal Caribbean has suspended port stops in Cozumel, so my cruise in three weeks isn't stopping there now. I'm in the process of trying to get my deposit refunded from Nachi Cocom, but I'm sure they're swamped right now with refund demands, so I'll have to be patient.

I'm REALLY disappointed. I'd read so many glowing reviews of Nachi Cocom here on the boards, and I was really looking forward to it. :(

Erica

• 2 weeks later...
Ill be there in June. just wondering if im wanting something a tad more lively?

me my wife and two teens(16-16)

I think your teens will want more activity. (unless they are girls who just want to sit in the sun and relax). We went to Paradise Beach last time and my 3 teens want to go again. There were a lot of kids, and things to do like kayaking, iceberg, etc, for the price of the wristband. The food was good also. You do need to go early to get a good seat because it does get crowded.

ps I just saw another poster comment that it was never crowded when they went, so it depends on the ships in port. I know that I was looking for shade, and there weren't that many chairs in the shade.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

I guess it depends on the weather. This is what it looked like on the day we went in March

Grandeur+Cruise+Mar+2009+090.jpg

OMG! That picture right there sold me!! That is definitely where I want to be. Coz is our first port. Then Belize and Roatan which we will do active excursions so all I really want to do in Coz is relax and eat and drink. I am there!!! Can you share any other pics?

I loved Nachi....It was beautiful when we were there in Feb. on the bloggers cruise. Very laid back and relaxing and I loved the food and drinks. It is quiet for teens, but we had three teens with us and they rode the banana boats and went snorkeling and had a ball. :D I'm going again in September!

Archived