Did you like Nachi Cocum-Cozumel?

Gator0178

We were there in March and had a wonderful time--few kids...

They start serving the food at 11 am. We were on Ship time (Navigator) which was 2 hrs :eek: later than local time so we ate lunch after "1 pm" ship time. The food was very good and plentiful. The drinks were OK. We switched to beer after the first margaritas...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Nachi Cocum. I doubt we would ever consider going somewhere else while in Cozumel.

It is not crowded since they limit the number of people who can get in each day. The service is outstanding, the servers come by often for drinks. The food is a la carte and included in the price and is delicious. You can dine at your chair on the beach, or in the restaurant. (We had chips and guacamole on the beach, then moved to the dining area for lunch.) The beach is clean and there is a pool if you prefer. They do massages on the beach which are fairly priced.

We have pictures of Nachi Cocom posted on our web site at http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys. Check out the photos from our Enchantment of the Seas 2008 cruise and our Celebrity Century cruise.

Mike

Hey Mike, loved the shots...Nice Work but really Nice Play....

Thanks for all the reviews, and no one has mentioned getting sick from the food or ice in glasses. I noticed on their website they offered bottled water, which made me wonder about the ice issue and keeping the food at serving temperature in the hot sun. (I got really sick in Hawaii from a tuna salad sandwich on a snorkeling tour) Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the reviews, and no one has mentioned getting sick from the food or ice in glasses. I noticed on their website they offered bottled water, which made me wonder about the ice issue and keeping the food at serving temperature in the hot sun. (I got really sick in Hawaii from a tuna salad sandwich on a snorkeling tour) Any thoughts?

I drank nothing but Margaritas and I am an ice chewer. So, I had plenty of ice and never got sick.

My girlfriend and I went last December on our Mariner cruise with another couple from CC. It had been my 4th time to Cozumel but my first in 10 years or so. Overall, we had a great time at Nachi Cocum and found that the service and food were excellent. Since there is no buffet, everything comes out hot and fresh to your table or if you want to eat on the beach, they'll bring it down to you. The drinks were good all day long, although as it got hotter, I swtiched from rum runners to beer. For the amount of food that you get and even if you have a few drinks, it's well worth the money for the peace and quiet that you will receive. I think there were about 20 or so people there with us that day and we had our run of the place. Beach and water is beautiful, but the pool was definitely cold and the hot tub could probably be turned up a few (20) degrees. Other than the pool/hot tub, it's well worth the money for a relaxing day at the beach.

I drank plenty of iced drinks and never had any problem. If I remember correctly they had a sign that said they use purified water to make their ice. Food was served from the kitchen at correct temperature.

Well you answered my question i was going to ask " Do they have Jet Skies?" now the follow up question. How much is the rental for them? we are going in early May

Thank you and have a wonderful Sea Day

I was just reading their cancellation policy and it says the credit card used will be charged the full price if you do not cancel 2 weeks in advance. I thought it was just the $12.00, but it does say the full price. I'm hesitant to book 6 people and be out $294.00 if we end up not cruising for some reason. I have cruise insurance but it does not cover excursions.

I was just reading their cancellation policy and it says the credit card used will be charged the full price if you do not cancel 2 weeks in advance. I thought it was just the $12.00, but it does say the full price. I'm hesitant to book 6 people and be out $294.00 if we end up not cruising for some reason. I have cruise insurance but it does not cover excursions.

When we went the guy just barely glanced at our reservation to see what we owed and then stuck his hand out. :p He never even took down our name. I think that islandmarketing just keeps your $12 and then Nachi keeps the rest and they don't really keep up with who showed up. Now that is just my experience so take it as you want.

Thanks for the info, I think we'll chance it and just show up. I appreciate all the answers to my questions about this place. Thanks!!

So you can just show up withoug making reservations? Is the price the same?

Another question...in the pictures is appears the beach is sandy NOT rocky. Is this true? Do they have the floating mats?

I much prefer the soft sand beaches although I know snorkling is better where it is rocky.

Another question...in the pictures is appears the beach is sandy NOT rocky. Is this true? Do they have the floating mats?

I much prefer the soft sand beaches although I know snorkling is better where it is rocky.

We were just there last week. It's sandy but the sand is very coarse, not soft at all. Fairly steep drop off to water which is cloudy and gets deep quickly. Even if it was clear, nothing to see. Take the snorkel trip ($38) to the reef if you want to snorkel.

Had a wonderful day at Nachi and would definitely book again. We were there on 4/15 and it appeared only 1/2 full, just a few children. Very quiet and relaxing. The food and drinks were delicious, especially the Kahlua/Bailey's chocolatey drink I had for dessert :)

The music was salsa/mariachi type but not loud and just pleasant background music.The sand is crushed shell type, not soft but still sand colored. The beach itself is not "deep" and they spent the morning "raking" the seaweed built up on it so not the prettiest beach we've ever been too. However the great service, clean and attractive facilities and delicious food and drinks exceeded our expectations.

NachiAppetizers.jpg.982d582c821930358eb7b71048492461.jpg

1567336924_Nachibeachmassagearea.jpg.2667db02a82c66e4874a7b499f729f39.jpg

NachiCocumBeach.jpg.65f48a41ff955e257fda7b588a6fda0d.jpg

1867520311_NachidockSeaweed.jpg.961157ce357f4378e878c6c87e4c3817.jpg

They serve at 11am THEIR TIME. Which is different than ship time. I was pretty darn hungry by the time the kitchen opened. It was worth the wait! People talk about not being able to finish all of the food, but I had no problem at all.

Archived