Safe in cabin on Eurodam

jjtimes2

This is my first post and I'm so glad I found this forum!

DH and I are going on the Eurodam in a few weeks and are wondering if there is a safe in the cabin - we have an Inside. How big is the safe; will it fit a laptop?

Thanks for any information!

DH and I are going on the Eurodam in a few weeks and are wondering if there is a safe in the cabin - we have an Inside. How big is the safe; will it fit a laptop?

Yes, you'll have a safe in your cabin on Eurodam - It will not fit your avg size laptop

And it is a modern "digital" type safe rather than an outdated "swipe" type safe, like the Ryndam, for example.

Thank you so much for your quick replies!

I didn't know there was a lockable drawer in the nightstand? That's good to know. We were on the Veendam a couple of years ago and we didn't lock up our laptop (it didn't fit in the safe) but this time DH wants to be able to lock it up. I knew I'd get correct Eurodam information from y'all!

I didn't know there was a lockable drawer in the nightstand? That's good to know.
I can't remember if both nightstands had the lockable drawer or just one. I think both. And, your laptop may fit in the safe since they are much larger than on other ships. I didn't bring mine on our 3-day E'dam cruise so I can't say for sure, though.

If you do put your laptop in the nightstand, I suggest that you lock the key in the safe rather than chance losing the key someplace.

Every cabin on every HAL ship has a safe. The method to access changes from one to the other, though. Some use a keypad, others a card with a magnetic strip, and still others use a key.

The safes on the E-dam are larger than those on the other HAL ships, and very well might hold your laptop, if it is one of those which are a little smaller.

I can't remember if both nightstands had the lockable drawer or just one. I think both. And, your laptop may fit in the safe since they are much larger than on other ships. I didn't bring mine on our 3-day E'dam cruise so I can't say for sure, though.

If you do put your laptop in the nightstand, I suggest that you lock the key in the safe rather than chance losing the key someplace.

John, you would be correct. Both nightstands have the lockable drawer.

You could always use a cable lock to lock your laptop to the desk or any other piece of furniture.
But be sure to choose a leg that can not be lifted from the floor! :) I think the easiest thing to use is the nightstand drawer.

But be sure to choose a leg that can not be lifted from the floor! :) I think the easiest thing to use is the nightstand drawer.

No, I think the "easiest" is to simply leave the laptop out wherever you're using it (most likely the desk). I never put my laptop "away" and I spend almost 180 nights a year in various hotel rooms & the occasional cruise ship. Everyone I know who travels with a laptop (most of the people I know) do the same.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

No, I think the "easiest" is to simply leave the laptop out wherever you're using it (most likely the desk). I never put my laptop "away" and I spend almost 180 nights a year in various hotel rooms & the occasional cruise ship. Everyone I know who travels with a laptop (most of the people I know) do the same.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

Funny, that's exactly what I did for the last ten days on Ryndam (and before that, on the other dam ships) - works for me!;)

On ship, I leave mine out except when going ashore for the day. In hotels I cable lock it to something. I'm just more wary of the casual thief than you are. :)

I never locked mine away, but usually put it in a drawer when not on board - but I like having it out and making a slide show of all my pictures! Will be bringing mine on our Sept. Eurodam trip - glad to know all the safe places for my Mac!

An aside: Eurodam was a difficult name for me to wrap my mind around when the Euro was Dam high and we were in Euroland!

My 12" diameter laptop fit easily in the Eurodam's safe wiith plenty of room to spare. I wouldn't have dreamed of not locking it up when I was away from the room...it's my employer's computer, not mine. :eek:

Diane

Exactly! This is DH's work computer (using it not only for pictures but more than likely he'll have to do some work while we're on vacation). If it walks off with the casual thief then he gets fired. So we'll reduce our risk and lock it up :)

Archived