Problems with air

sweetsue13

I booked my first cruise with RC Adventure of the Seas for an April departure through their website. I didn't get my air reservations within the 60 days as promised. When I actually received it, the departure time from my home was so early in the morning, I would practically have to sleep in the airport.:( There was also a stopover before getting to San Juan. The return trip was almost as bad.

When I contacted RC directly, they first told me they couldn't do anything before I was ticketed (which they said would be the next day). When I called the next day, they said they couldn't do anything because I was already ticketed.:confused: They also said I should have contacted custom air. I had no idea that was what I should have done since it is my first cruise.

I ended up canceling the air and they charged me $75 per person ($150 total). Has anybody had this problem, and if so were you able to resolve it with the corporate office? Any advice would be helpful!:)

Never had the problem as I would never leave my air travel in the hands of the cruiseline - having said that, I think you might get more responses if you hadn't posted on the "Cruise Foodies" thread.

Now if the OP had asked about how to get an extra bag of peanuts ...

• 2 weeks later...

Lesson learned! Book your own air, from now on! Or, book with the cruiseline, research flights, and if you find something you like at a price you can afford, book it--then cancel with the cruiseline (you can cancel with no penalty prior to the final payment date).

It's always better if you can book the flight times, seats,connections YOU want, when you do it on your own!

Once again---lesson learned!

• 2 weeks later...
I booked my first cruise with RC Adventure of the Seas for an April departure through their website. I didn't get my air reservations within the 60 days as promised. When I actually received it, the departure time from my home was so early in the morning, I would practically have to sleep in the airport.:( There was also a stopover before getting to San Juan. The return trip was almost as bad.

When I contacted RC directly, they first told me they couldn't do anything before I was ticketed (which they said would be the next day). When I called the next day, they said they couldn't do anything because I was already ticketed.:confused: They also said I should have contacted custom air. I had no idea that was what I should have done since it is my first cruise.

I ended up canceling the air and they charged me $75 per person ($150 total). Has anybody had this problem, and if so were you able to resolve it with the corporate office? Any advice would be helpful!:)

Contact the travel guy at National Geographic travel and send him the details that you posted here. His name is Christopher Elliot (celliott@ngs.org) and you can also look at his website Chris Elliott's Website. His articles appear in our local newspaper on Sundays. He may be able to get your money back from RC. For future reference, all flights booked through cruise lines are at unreasonable hours in my experience. Good Luck.

Archived