Starbucks onboard???

giginevelyn

Just off a Celebrity cruise and had the worst coffee ever served.

Have you had the coffee on Princess? Blechh :p

We enjoy the regular coffee on HAL(in the Lido and main dining room) as well as the specialty coffees in the Explorations Cafe.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Did I imagine that I read somewhere that they serve Starbucks on HAL? Or, was that just wishful thinking. Just off a Celebrity cruise and had the worst coffee ever served. Looking forward to better brew on the Eurodam.;)

Thanks!

If my memory serves me right HAL did try Starbucks in the late 90's for a couple of years. I loved it but the majority found it too strong. Now I find it very wishy-washy. When I put my breakfast card out at night I always write in Strong next to coffee. Once the Charming steward who delivered it said he put some expresso in it. It was delicious. This was last April on the Ryndam.:cool:

The Explorations Cafe coffee bar uses Torrefazione coffee (which is owned by Starbucks).

That must be what I heard. I am encouraged now:D. The Celebrity forum was full of bad comments regarding their coffee, and it was all very true.

Thanks!

Did I imagine that I read somewhere that they serve Starbucks on HAL? Or, was that just wishful thinking. Just off a Celebrity cruise and had the worst coffee ever served. Looking forward to better brew on the Eurodam.;)

Thanks!

Essentially, Explorations Cafe is a Starbucks knockoff with excellent products at a lot less cost. The Tai Chi Latte made in Explorations Cafe is excellent at one third the cost of Starbucks!

"Blechh" isn't even CLOSE to how bad Princess' coffee is. If I could make the same noise the cat makes when she has a hairball, that would be closer :D but still not quite "there" :D

You are too funny! I can't remember the coffee being that bad on Princess. Must be old age:D. I'll be getting a refresher on it soon:).

You are too funny! I can't remember the coffee being that bad on Princess. Must be old age:D. I'll be getting a refresher on it soon:).

And I'm soooooooooooooo jealous!!! but I would definitely be taking my french press coffee set-up, with a pound of Starbucks ground and ready to use :) I will forego bling and shoes to make room for it!

Archived