Entertainment on the Noordam

We are going on a 10 day cruise on the Noordam leaving 3/14/09. Does anyone know who the main show entertainers are besides the ships cast? We had Joel Mason and Julie Barr(?) last year and they were amazing.:o

On 2/12 - 2/22 we had:

Garin Bader- music and magic

Richie Minervini- comedy

Jane Hunt - Violin

On 2/12 - 2/22 we had:

Garin Bader- music and magic

Richie Minervini- comedy

Jane Hunt - Violin

We had a different comedian from 1/23 to 2/12...his name escapes me. The pianist in the Piano Bar was horrendous. David Mann, I believe. The quartet in the Explorer's Lounge and the trio in the Ocean Bar were good. Other than that, the entertainment was disappointing. :rolleyes:

Last February it was better, the year before, the best. :)

Sheila, you are being much too kind.

I know I am, Ruth. He was absolutely dreadful. As you know!

The Piano Bar is usually my favorite venue. In 20 days, I spent perhaps 10 minutes there. That sums it up. :rolleyes:

I know I am, Ruth. He was absolutely dreadful. As you know!

The Piano Bar is usually my favorite venue. In 20 days, I spent perhaps 10 minutes there. That sums it up. :rolleyes:

I win the prize, I only spent one minute in there!:D

You were the smart one, that's for certain.

The first time I walked in, the first night, I just about walked in one door and out the other, he was so bad. Later that evening I came back---just to be sure I was right the first time. I stayed about a half-hour (maybe a tad more) until closing time.

Every night after that I would walk by just to see if he was as bad as I remembered. I never found any reason to break stride. :rolleyes:

......Every night after that I would walk by just to see if he was as bad as I remembered. I never found any reason to break stride. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha, that's funny Ruth. I felt the same, stuck my neck out on the way by to listen but didn't break stride!:D

LOL, Lettie....the only reason I spent more than one minute is that I was talking with someone who strolled in just after we did! He was awful...I made a note of it on my survey. Hope they listen since I've never been critical of anything else.

Well...him and also the uncomfortable furniture in the new Digital Workshop!

We are going on a 10 day cruise on the Noordam leaving 3/14/09. Does anyone know who the main show entertainers are besides the ships cast? We had Joel Mason and Julie Barr(?) last year and they were amazing.:o

Just noticed your post and would like to invite you to join our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=791190

I'm sure we'll all have a wonderful time and it is coming up fast!

• 1 month later...

Jimmy Maddox, the best piano player on HAL ships, just left the Eurodam to sail and entertain on the Noordam.

I have read only negative things about David Mann on this board.

I would trust RuthC's opinion for sure!!!

We've run into some pretty bad piano players/singers and it didn't take long for us to assess them and decide to avoid them.

Sometimes a "drive-by" is all that is necessary. You can hear bad music/singing without setting foot in the piano bar!

Dave doesn't have the best voice, but it looked like fun. I wished we would have checked it out when we were on the Noordam. I don't know why we didn't, but didn't. One thing that's very interesting is if you look around, you can tell it's formal night, but you see everything from shorts, to Dockers to tuxes on the men, and and everything from very casual to very fancy on the women. The next time someone asks if it's okay to go to the bars dressed casually on formal evening, I'll link this video.

It was Hokey Pokey for gosh sakes. To me that's just like a belly flop contest on carnival...No thanks. I sure hope HAL is the refined/relaxed ship I was looking for. We go on our first HAL cruise in June.

Don't worry, both the HAL cruises we've been on have been refined and relaxed. You are going to see people having a good time in some of the bars (like this one). You will not see a hairy chest contest or a belly flop contest. HAL is civilized and that's why we love it. :)

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived