favorite Carnival ship

BobbyK

I have 2 favorites....Fantasy because she started the addiction to cruising. :p Everything about her was great, because I had nothing else to compare her to.

My 2nd favorite is Glory. I have sailed on her twice. She is a big and beautiful ship. The CD (John) was great. Lot of food choices. :D

The Carnival Legend is my favorite ship so far. It was a toss up between her and the Pride (same deck layout). The Legend gets my vote because she sails 8 days instead of 7. I've found the food on all Carnival ships to be very good as well as the service. I think the staff on the Legend were just a tiny bit better and that's saying a lot. The entertainment seems to be very similar on all ships as well.

The Destiny because as cruiseylover said, it was our first and we had nothing else to compare her to. I thought the lobby atrium was the prettiest of all of her later cousins to come along. I say cousins because the following ones aren't really her sisters. They changed the atrium in the following ones to be a lot smaller and added another deck. The Victory was a little gaudy to us. Didn't really care for the shades of puke green that they had on the promenade furniture or the fake fur on the bar stools. The Conquest was nice but still didn't knock our socks off like the Destiny did. The one improvement that we did see was moving the stairway to the lounge below the disco to the promenade deck instead of right in the middle of the lounge. Keeps the noise out of the lounge below better.

The Legend gets my vote as would any spirit class ship. Their size and passenger capacity make them less crowded than the newer class ships. Carnival hit a "home run" with these. The food was the best we have ever tasted on a cruise as was the service in the dining room. I never met a crew member who didn't have a smile and a hello. The shows were as good as it gets on a cruise ship.

GINGEE, I noticed you are from Peoria, Illinois. I lived there for the first 42 years of my life before we moved to Las Vegas for finiancial reasons. My wife and I still have family back there.

Jim

I was on the old Carnivale in 1982, magnificant ship. Old wood, huge promenade deck, definitely before the glitz. She was originally designed for transatlantic. I still love the Fantasy class ships. These are the only CCL ships with tables over looking the stern of the ship, coffee at sunrise is spectacular.

My favorite ship is the Ecstasy. Maybe because it was our first cruise. But I also like the small size and the layout. Could also be that my husband got the trip free from work. The entire ship was his company and almost everything was included. The only things we paid for was shore tours and souveniors. And YES all drinks were free. One night we had to leave the pool bar because they ran out of beer!

Going on the Destiny on 1-9-05 and can not wait.

Right now I think my favorite is Carnival Destiny because, as others have said, it was my first cruise and started my addiction. :D We are about to go on Carnival Legend in 11 days though, so my answer to this question may change after that, but I'll let you know when I get back. :p

Archived