Why dont more single mature men cruise???

bobbisailsolo

I researched one company- you've seen their ads- because I was going to be on the same ship. They seemed to be very focused on heavy drinking- pub crawls, wine tastings, their first port stop was even to a shoreside bar. I didn't book with them for that reason, but I must agree, there seemed to be plenty of guys in the group, at least after 10 PM.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Whats up with older men? Don't they want to see the world? What better way than taking a cruise. I have been on several cruises by myself, and there are plenty of single women.....

maybe they are like me i like to go on cruises but do not have a friend or companion to go with me and after a while paying for the whole cabin can get expensive and it is starting to dwindle down my bank account,I hope that helps answering your question

I've got two cruises booked and have never cruised before. Go figure.

I'm going to get on the ship. Then I'll follow my nose towards whatever seems at least 51% positive. After that, who knows. :)

maybe they are like me i like to go on cruises but do not have a friend or companion to go with me and after a while paying for the whole cabin can get expensive and it is starting to dwindle down my bank account,I hope that helps answering your question

That's for sure it does get expensive. I have said this before, there are single men on cruises. Yes it is true not as many as women but they are there and frequently travel alone so. A lot of women travel in groups or hang around on the ship in groups and that makes it more difficult for someone to approach. The other thing is some of the men may not be what you are looking for so you may may not give them a second look and yes I realize this goes both ways.

i just found this thread and you guys are funny! i love the idea of being on the young side of 50...even though i am the old side of 40 :).

i cruised south america alone and i would have sworn there was only one single man out of 2500 passengers. i met him at dinner. his first question to me was "have you ever hooked up on a cruise". ewwww. i am not looking to hook up. i would like someone to hang out with on excursions, go to a show with, go to tea with. gosh i sound boring!

i do enjoy my own cabin, coming and going as i please, eating or not, reading, napping...oh dear i AM boring! when i cruise with a girlfriend or my daughter i do a lot more.

heading to the caribbean alone this fall and looking forward to it. nice to meet you all. and bobbie, add me to your single cruise. :)

i followed the testosterone!

Victoria is beautiful, have been there a few time. Enjoy that Oct cruise, I am also on a cruise in Oct on the Oasis. Agree, having your own cabin is definitely nice accept paying for it.

Victoria is beautiful, have been there a few time. Enjoy that Oct cruise, I am also on a cruise in Oct on the Oasis. Agree, having your own cabin is definitely nice accept paying for it.

no kidding. mostly i have to cruise in the 'cheap seats'.

have you been on the oasis before? the sheer number of people on it is intimidating-hopefully no tender ports!

and you're from florida, when i go to fll for my cruise it will be my first time there. i'm only getting there the evening before i sail, so i won't be able to see much. its the other side of the planet from victoria!

Hey Gang,

Let me put in my 2 cents, or Euros...

as you can tell by my name I truly do love to cruise & have done so with my ex-partner, friends & tons of times with my teenage daughter & always seem to have a great time & meet wonderful people. Last year I took the plunge & tried both singles companies that were mentioned before & I tell you I had a blast, it was not only the drinking & hooking up (OK for those who were out for that yes it was there) but mainly it was a great group, subset of the ship that had private parties - we were like a big happy group, similar minded there to have fun & everyone was very friendly & there was always someone to either dance with or simply to sit down & enjoy the moment, drink or whatever....I'm booked for my 3rd singles cruise over the next New Years & can't wait to again see the great friends I met...give it a try... BTW I also don't work for either the companies but I'm simply happy to have found them as an alternative to also having even more fun on a cruise!

Hey Gang,

Let me put in my 2 cents, or Euros...

as you can tell by my name I truly do love to cruise & have done so with my ex-partner, friends & tons of times with my teenage daughter & always seem to have a great time & meet wonderful people. Last year I took the plunge & tried both singles companies that were mentioned before & I tell you I had a blast, it was not only the drinking & hooking up (OK for those who were out for that yes it was there) but mainly it was a great group, subset of the ship that had private parties - we were like a big happy group, similar minded there to have fun & everyone was very friendly & there was always someone to either dance with or simply to sit down & enjoy the moment, drink or whatever....I'm booked for my 3rd singles cruise over the next New Years & can't wait to again see the great friends I met...give it a try... BTW I also don't work for either the companies but I'm simply happy to have found them as an alternative to also having even more fun on a cruise!

i've thought about a singles cruise, but its so much pricier than the regular cruise. you sure make it sound like a good time though.

hahaha...the kiss of death..."what do they look like?" "well, they have a nice personality".

i don't do windows, am also broke, and am....handsomely devilish?

i agree with you texaswinediva, and because you also could see the humour in mohave's post, i think you would be fun on a cruise too.

And you have a good personality!!! You would be a lot of fun to hang

around with on a cruise.:)

Winediva. Hmmm. '74 Mondavi Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon. Them I'm develishly handsome.

HAHaha. I try to be positive.

hahaha...the kiss of death..."what do they look like?" "well, they have a nice personality".

i don't do windows, am also broke, and am....handsomely devilish?

i agree with you texaswinediva, and because you also could see the humour in mohave's post, i think you would be fun on a cruise too.

I'd bet you were both right.

• 4 weeks later...

Pssst-Secret, Unofficial, Unathorized Singles Cruise with Host Randy

I've convinced Host Randy from the Carnival Board to go on the Carnival Conquest out of Galveston on August 29, 2010. Prices are dirt cheap. At least 3 single guys going-maybe more. Need more single girls so I don't have to talk to Host Randy all week. Thanks in advance.

Pssst-Secret, Unofficial, Unathorized Singles Cruise with Host Randy

I've convinced Host Randy from the Carnival Board to go on the Carnival Conquest out of Galveston on August 29, 2010. Prices are dirt cheap. At least 3 single guys going-maybe more. Need more single girls so I don't have to talk to Host Randy all week. Thanks in advance.

LOL...good promo Stallion :)

Whats up with older men? Don't they want to see the world? What better way than taking a cruise. I have been on several cruises by myself, and there are plenty of single women.....

It's because most men don't know about the abundance of single women on cruises. If they did know this, they would be cruising.

That being said, lets keep this a secret. Can somebody please delete this thread?

So as a single guy I'm going to be surrounded by admiring women and have my choice of dance partners? Not likely! If that were the case, the ship would be packed with single guys. If you check some of the earlier posts, I'm not the only one who finds myself sitting in the lounge alone listening to the dance music every night. And the attendance at the singles meets is often about even- sometimes even more men.

If there are a lot of single women on board, most of them must be sitting in their cabins whining that "there's no single men" and that "the single men are all losers". You sure never see them around the ship.

So as a single guy I'm going to be surrounded by admiring women and have my choice of dance partners? Not likely! If that were the case, the ship would be packed with single guys. If you check some of the earlier posts, I'm not the only one who finds myself sitting in the lounge alone listening to the dance music every night. And the attendance at the singles meets is often about even- sometimes even more men.

If there are a lot of single women on board, most of them must be sitting in their cabins whining that "there's no single men" and that "the single men are all losers". You sure never see them around the ship.

The only wining you will find me doing.. is drinking a nice vintage either at the piano bar and also later at the "club".

Archived