Traditional Dining - Table numbers?

Paul+3kids

Hey guys, just wondering if you select Traditional Dining, can you select how many people you want on a table? We are on our honeymoon and would rather just sit by ourselves than with other people, i know its anti-social but its our honeymoon and we want it to be romantic.

If we can put in a preference do we do it through our TA?

Cheers

Paul

Wife and I had the same concerns. We switched to anytime dining. Althought not the same, we figured we would have the opportunity at times to sit by ourselves and at other times to sit with others.

I was under the impression from what I've read here that with Traditional once you (or the Cruise line) select your table size you are set for the cruise. Of course you could change at any time from a 2 seat to an 8 seat but don't think they want you going back and forth during the cruise - more of an either or situation.

I'm sure if I'm incorrect someone here with more experience will correct me.

A detailed suggestion:

But please confirm with the Maitre D' after boarding. The Patter will give the place and time (usually 2pm) where the Maitre D' will be. However, there may be a long line of pax waiting to switch from AD to TD etc. So I suggest you take a written note with you leaving a blank space for the Table #. When you check-in, you will see the Table # on your cabin key card and fill that in on your note. Be polite and say that you are on your honeymoon and a table for 2 is important to you and you just wish to confirm that the assigned table is for 2. Give the note to the Maitre D' or his assistant if you do not wish to wait in line.

It's hard to get much privacy since the tables for 2 are usually pretty close to one another but you can certainly request one. We fine it's much faster eating at a smaller table- less chatter to slow things down.

A detailed suggestion:

But please confirm with the Maitre D' after boarding. The Patter will give the place and time (usually 2pm) where the Maitre D' will be. However, there may be a long line of pax waiting to switch from AD to TD etc. So I suggest you take a written note with you leaving a blank space for the Table #. When you check-in, you will see the Table # on your cabin key card and fill that in on your note. Be polite and say that you are on your honeymoon and a table for 2 is important to you and you just wish to confirm that the assigned table is for 2. Give the note to the Maitre D' or his assistant if you do not wish to wait in line.

Sultan has an excellent suggestion. When you board, the Maitre D (or his representative) will be set up either in one of the dining rooms or in a specialty restaurant to accept table change requests.

It's hard to get much privacy since the tables for 2 are usually pretty close to one another but you can certainly request one. We fine it's much faster eating at a smaller table- less chatter to slow things down.
This is true. There might be only 12" between your table and the one next to you. There are very, very few really "private" tables, even if they are tables for two. Several years ago, my daughter and I were on a Caribbean cruise and we were seated at a table for four with a young couple on their honeymoon. My daughter and the couple were all about the same age and were all teachers; they had a great time together and it was a pleasure for me to see everyone having a good time.

Hey guys, just wondering if you select Traditional Dining, can you select how many people you want on a table? We are on our honeymoon and would rather just sit by ourselves than with other people, i know its anti-social but its our honeymoon and we want it to be romantic.

If we can put in a preference do we do it through our TA?

Cheers

Paul

We also like to sit at a table for 2. We always request it and don't always get it. Sometimes we have to be really persistent. We like to eat late traditional and have found lately that everyone else wants to eat early so you might have a better chance at late seating.(That will also give you a chance to relax before dinner) Just nicely don't give up with the Maitre'D.

We have requested a table for 2 on our cruise in May. We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, so want privacy for the same reason. However, if we don't get a "private" table, we won't be overly concerned.

Archived