RCI terminal at the Port of Miami

I tried posting this on the Florida departures board but nobody answered. Does anyone here have an answer?

I printed out a map of the Port of Miami from their site on the internet and was overwhelmed. It's so big. We will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas on May 9 and I was wondering how we will know which terminal to go to and is there someone at the Port that can give us directions? We are driving and will be parking our car in the Port parking. Any help or advice is appreciated.

I tried posting this on the Florida departures board but nobody answered. Does anyone here have an answer?

I printed out a map of the Port of Miami from their site on the internet and was overwhelmed. It's so big. We will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas on May 9 and I was wondering how we will know which terminal to go to and is there someone at the Port that can give us directions? We are driving and will be parking our car in the Port parking. Any help or advice is appreciated.

As you go thro the port there are huge signs with the name of the ships and where they are docked on... the roadside.

You have put my mind at ease.....just a little. I'm still a little apprehensive about driving to the big ole Port of Miami but, I guess, we can do it. ;) Thanks, again, guys.

If it helps even more - go to google maps and search "Royal caribbean" port of miami and switch to satellite view - you can actually see where the ship is 'parked' and how close to parking, etc

Unfortunately, the 'street view' stops at the Bayside shopping center, or you could just look at the road in

You really don't need to worry, the cruise section of the port is separate from the cargo portion, and while the port looks big on a map its very easy to navigate.

The cruise terminals are all in a line on the north side of the island, so as soon as you're in the cruise section, you just drive until you get to the terminal for Liberty (it will almost definitely be the last one, terminal G).

If you think of most airports' curbside, that is similar to how the port of Miami is set up. You just drive in a strait line until you see the terminal for your ship, similarly to how at the airport you just drive along the curb until you see your airline.

Here is a map showing the layout of the port, the cruise terminals are all orange.

http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/library/PORT_MAP_Jan2008.pdf

If it helps even more - go to google maps and search "Royal caribbean" port of miami and switch to satellite view - you can actually see where the ship is 'parked' and how close to parking, etc

Unfortunately, the 'street view' stops at the Bayside shopping center, or you could just look at the road in

Oh wow, never thought of doing a google maps. Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't see any there now but I'll try it again on Saturday. Hopefully, I'll be able to see Liberty in all her glory.

Should we just go park the car first and take a shuttle to the Liberty terminal or should my husband drop me off with the bags and then go park?

the parking is literally across the street. Drop off the bags and you and he can park and walk a couple minutes back . . . If you saw the google maps - the parking garage building is just south across the street from the RCI ship that's berth (think that's the Majesty)

As you cross the bridge to the port island get in the left lane. You will see signs directing you to the terminals. If I recall correctly you will bear left and then make a left turn (no other choice) onto North Cruise Blvd. drop your party and luggage off in front of terminal G then simply follow the road, it's one way, around until you see the entrance to the parking garage. Be prepared, depending on when you get there traffic can be hectic. Go slow and use all twenty eyes and you won't have a problem :D. Click here to see a Google satellite image showing the roads with 1 way arrows.

You have put my mind at ease.....just a little. I'm still a little apprehensive about driving to the big ole Port of Miami but, I guess, we can do it. ;) Thanks, again, guys.

All 3 of my cruises have been from this port. When you make a turn at the basketball arena you head up over the bridge. At the top you get your first look at all the ships. When Freedom or Liberty is in the last dock, you can see it from the arena, its quite a site.

firstlook.jpg

This is so typical of how so many of us humans are...we worry and worry about a new experience but once we experience it, we think, "How could I have possibly worried about that...it was SO easy."

As they say, this ain't the pier's first rodeo. They know how to put up signs to direct you exactly where you need to go. But like everyone else said, you can't miss the ships lined up when you're blocks away, much less AT the pier.

The last time I was there, the Majesty, NCL Dream and some Carnival ship were all lined up in a row. It wasn't a big mess of trying to find each ship. They were lined up and couldn't be missed.

Have a great cruise!!

Should we just go park the car first and take a shuttle to the Liberty terminal or should my husband drop me off with the bags and then go park?

You will not need a shuttle at the Port of Miami. This is Hubby's and my Miami port routine. We drive up to the ship where the baggage handlers are accepting suitcases. We give them our big bags and a tip.

I get out of the car and wait there with both of our carry on bags. Hubby goes and parks. It is just across the street. He walks back. It doesn't take more than fifteen minutes at the most.

Then we go together inside to check in and board the ship.

By the way, Liberty is a beautiful ship. You can't miss it at the port. It will be the biggest passenger ship there.

Archived